Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

247 Crystal Ball has him going to Minnesota.

2 of the 4 predictors of Minnesota are Husker247 admins. So I got to believe they know something. We need the help at DT, so I'd be happy to get our first commitment there.

2 of the 4 predictors of Minnesota are Husker247 admins. So I got to believe they know something. We need the help at DT, so I'd be happy to get our first commitment there.

I believe his offer is for OL.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Commitments are going to heat up soon I hope during the next six weeks.

I hope we get Mansell, the coaches are pretty good at identifying talent, the opportunity to give the Hawkeye fans heartburn is a bonus

Its not clear we've offered him (Mansell)? Just glad his name isn't Johnny.

3 star DL LaShaun Minor out of Ben Davison HS in Indianapolis who the Gophers have offered is predicted to go to Indiana via 247 Crystal Ball......oops, just committed to Indians. Minnesota was in his top 3. Another miss by Phelps.

Ouch.....
Mansell to Iowa might not be bad, if the Gophers didn't offer, what we don't know is why the coaches didn't offer, if it was talent then maybe his going to Iowa is a good thing. I suspect, it was more about fit, he does fit better into Iowa's system. The coaches have tossed a wide net, it's early, let's see what develops.

Mansell to Iowa might not be bad, if the Gophers didn't offer, what we don't know is why the coaches didn't offer, if it was talent then maybe his going to Iowa is a good thing. I suspect, it was more about fit, he does fit better into Iowa's system. The coaches have tossed a wide net, it's early, let's see what develops.

247 shows no offer

By the way...Iowa State just picked up a commitment from OL Chandler who had multiple power 5 offers including Florida.

Go Gophers!!

Jeff Phelps by all accounts seems like a great guy.

But unfortunately he also appears to be one of the worst p5 recruiters in the country.

This class is all about solidifying the lines, especially the d-line. It's almost July and do we have anyone even remotely on the radar???

Jeff Phelps by all accounts seems like a great guy.

But unfortunately he also appears to be one of the worst p5 recruiters in the country.

This class is all about solidifying the lines, especially the d-line. It's almost July and do we have anyone even remotely on the radar???

Recruiters recruit to areas of the country, not their position. Here is the 247 profile of who Phelps has signed and is currently recruiting:

http://247sports.com/Coach/Jeff-Phelps-979

3 star DL LaShaun Minor out of Ben Davison HS in Indianapolis who the Gophers have offered is predicted to go to Indiana via 247 Crystal Ball......oops, just committed to Indians. Minnesota was in his top 3. Another miss by Phelps.

Shocker...an Indiana kid signs with Indiana (not Indians, ruppy). Sawvel was also recruiting him...why no hateraid for Sawvel?

I'll second that, if they really wanted him they would have offered him. I suspect that they have a few other QB's on their radar that they like better.

I'll second that, if they really wanted him they would have offered him. I suspect that they have a few other QB's on their radar that they like better.

He is listed as a Pro style QB...maybe they wanted to look at him to see if he would fit in this system and decided the answer was no.

Shocker...an Indiana kid signs with Indiana (not Indians, ruppy). Sawvel was also recruiting him...why no hateraid for Sawvel?

Cell phone biip on the "Indians" "Hateraid"?...cell phone blip? Come on man, no hatred for Phelps. I just don't think he is a very good recruiter at a valuable position. Btw. I don't accuse
you of hating Stollings .

F

It's a combination of both. There are obvious cost and time benefits to having a coach recruit an area of the country, but the position coach is also heavily involved.

True. If you look at Phelps for example, his "targets" are in the upper Midwest an he's listed as a secondary recruiter in the south for a few select D-linemen. Would assume it works in that manner for most position coaches.

Id like to think we could start bringing in a few more quality players from WI, IL, IA, ND, and SD. I know they don't all spit out a ton of talent but man I feel like its been pretty brutal. Merrick was a nice addition but we didn't even take a DT last year. As Bemidji said this year is huge

Top Bottom