Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Do you think 10-2 is out of the question this year? I don't, and I think that would qualify as the next step.

But to put up 8 or 9 win seasons consistently I would agree, just not enough in-state talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still think 10-2 is possible? Likely?

Still think 10-2 is possible? Likely?

The year that Michigan lost (at home) to Appalachian St., they went 9-4. In case you weren't paying attention, we won the game last night. Anyone who thinks 10-2 isn't possible doesn't understand how numbers work.

The year that Michigan lost (at home) to Appalachian St., they went 9-4. In case you weren't paying attention, we won the game last night. Anyone who thinks 10-2 isn't possible doesn't understand how numbers work.

I will also add that Michigan St. won their first two Big Ten games last year by a combined 10 points. They played Rutgers and Purdue. They ended up one play (or bad call) away from going 9-0 in the conference.

Can't blame a kid for taking five officials given he's already committed to ISU. Here's hoping the Gophers can convince him to reconsider.

This might be the dumbest GH post of the year. What does Michigan losing at home 10 years ago against a top 1-A school and finishing 9-4 have to do with Minnesota finishing 10-2 this year? Michigan was in the process of sliding into mediocrity at that time, I thought our expectation is that we're improving.

And we all know how numbers work. Mathematically, the Gophers and every single college football team still has a chance to win 10 games.

I will also add that Michigan St. won their first two Big Ten games last year by a combined 10 points. They played Rutgers and Purdue. They ended up one play (or bad call) away from going 9-0 in the conference.

So we should book our tickets to the Rose Bowl because Michigan St. struggled against a few bad teams last year? Of course it's "possible" that this year's Gophers are f*cking unbelievable, we saw them at their very worst, and we win every other game by 20 points. Based on our recent history (unlike the stupid Michigan St. example, which has been a top 10 team consistently for the past several years), do you believe that's likely?

Oregon St. was unbelievably bad last year and we eked out a win. Is Oregon St. better this year? Probably, it would be hard to be that bad yet again or worse. Will Oregon St. be a good team this year? Doubtful. I'm not sure why people have such a hard time believing that scoring margin has some indication on future performance. Look no further than last year. We looked bad and barely won non-conference games vs Ohio, Kent St, and Colorado St. Based on those games, most reasonable people assumed we weren't that good. Which proved true.

This might be the dumbest GH post of the year. What does Michigan losing at home 10 years ago against a top 1-A school and finishing 9-4 have to do with Minnesota finishing 10-2 this year? Michigan was in the process of sliding into mediocrity at that time, I thought our expectation is that we're improving.

And we all know how numbers work. Mathematically, the Gophers and every single college football team still has a chance to win 10 games.

Every GH post is dumb. Posts don't have the ability to speak.

It was 9 years ago, and it has a lot to do with it. Michigan started 0-2 and ended the season with 9 wins and two over top ten teams. Many of the football illiterate here, like yourself, cast grand aspersions on the basis of one game. These are teams full of 18- to 22-year-old players. They change a lot from game to game, let alone season to season.

If you know how numbers work, why did you insinuate that 10-2 isn't possible?

Every GH post is dumb. Posts don't have the ability to speak.

It was 9 years ago, and it has a lot to do with it. Michigan started 0-2 and ended the season with 9 wins and two over top ten teams. Many of the football illiterate here, like yourself, cast grand aspersions on the basis of one game. These are teams full of 18- to 22-year-old players. They change a lot from game to game, let alone season to season.

If you know how numbers work, why did you insinuate that 10-2 isn't possible?

Michigan is Michigan, a team that out-recruits the Gophers every year and has far more talent. Comparing a slow start for them and the Gophers is illogical to say the least. If you wanted to prove a point, you would have been better off showing a Gopher team from the past 30 years that started off slow and ended up winning 9 games. Good luck with that.

Michigan is Michigan, a team that out-recruits the Gophers every year and has far more talent. Comparing a slow start for them and the Gophers is illogical to say the least. If you wanted to prove a point, you would have been better off showing a Gopher team from the past 30 years that started off slow and ended up winning 9 games. Good luck with that.

Teams that recruit well and have great talent don't have variances in their level of play, huh? This is the first I'm hearing of this - thanks for letting me know!

So we should book our tickets to the Rose Bowl because Michigan St. struggled against a few bad teams last year? Of course it's "possible" that this year's Gophers are f*cking unbelievable, we saw them at their very worst, and we win every other game by 20 points. Based on our recent history (unlike the stupid Michigan St. example, which has been a top 10 team consistently for the past several years), do you believe that's likely?

Oregon St. was unbelievably bad last year and we eked out a win. Is Oregon St. better this year? Probably, it would be hard to be that bad yet again or worse. Will Oregon St. be a good team this year? Doubtful. I'm not sure why people have such a hard time believing that scoring margin has some indication on future performance. Look no further than last year. We looked bad and barely won non-conference games vs Ohio, Kent St, and Colorado St. Based on those games, most reasonable people assumed we weren't that good. Which proved true.

So should we or should we not extrapolate the season to come on one game? Seems we should for MN, but never for other teams? I'm confused by your posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There must be no news in the recruitment department...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There must be no news in the recruitment department...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There should be a sticky thread titled "Let's take this outside". That way people can continue their verbal sparring there without totally hijacking the thread they started the pissing match in.

per Sid:

• Among the Gophers’ 10 football commitments for 2017, Blaise Andries of Marshall High School is ranked the No. 42 offensive tackle in the country by Rivals, just missing four-star status. Andries turned down offers from schools such as Florida, Arkansas, Miami (Fla.), Michigan State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Penn State, Oregon and Texas Christian. Meanwhile, Andries’ former Marshall teammate Drew Hmielewski is a freshman wide receiver on the Gophers and will play baseball as well.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-asking-a-lot-out-of-newcomer-sam-bradford/392260141/

Go Gophers!!

Absolutely ZERO going on in recruiting. Just checked all three sites. No new visitors; only recent offer was a preferred walk on. Everyone else in the B1G has the pedal to the mental. I find that strange considering kids usually lineup visit's during game weekend's. You would think a bunch of kids would be visiting for the Iowa game?

Absolutely ZERO going on in recruiting. Just checked all three sites. No new visitors; only recent offer was a preferred walk on. Everyone else in the B1G has the pedal to the mental. I find that strange considering kids usually lineup visit's during game weekend's. You would think a bunch of kids would be visiting for the Iowa game?
Tre' Young is visiting this week. 3 star CB from Alabama. I believe that is new.

I sincerely hope we can flip a commitment from Troy...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

carter's brother

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Heard Alex Spillum, Chanhassen HS has been told he is a PWO candidate for sure and they want to see more of his senior year. 6'2, 180lb athlete. Played WR and SS in the past, but Chan has him as QB this year because he's the best athlete. NDSU had him in last weekend and he is scheduled to visit WI late October. He made it to Nationals in high jump and long jump last year and took 5th in high jump.

Top Bottom