Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Dimitri Moore is visiting for the Iowa game it looks like. He is an upper level 3 star guy with an impressive offer list. He visited last year also, so that has to be a good sign. The sky is not falling and I anticipate recruiting to pickup as High School football gets under the way.

At this point, it appears that Kendrick Green is the only official visitor scheduled for next weekend. I just watch his hudl video and it's pretty impressive. I'm surprised he only has 3 P5 offers. He could use a bit more weight, but he has the frame for it and he moves really well for his size. He'd be a nice addition.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/3008713/5721c9b8c124573b546f30cd' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

At this point, it appears that Kendrick Green is the only official visitor scheduled for next weekend. I just watch his hudl video and it's pretty impressive. I'm surprised he only has 3 P5 offers. He could use a bit more weight, but he has the frame for it and he moves really well for his size. He'd be a nice addition.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/3008713/5721c9b8c124573b546f30cd' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

What is people's sense for the position at which he's being recruited? His Rivals profile lists him as an OL, but based on his tape he looks like a fantastic DT prospect to me. Maybe Burns or someone has clarified this at some point.

I agree, however he needs to learn to play lower at the next level. Looks like he tends to stand up a bit and not to stay low at the snap.

What is people's sense for the position at which he's being recruited? His Rivals profile lists him as an OL, but based on his tape he looks like a fantastic DT prospect to me. Maybe Burns or someone has clarified this at some point.
Burns called him the Gophers top DT target on twitter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Burns called him the Gophers top DT target on twitter.

Thanks, that sounds about right. He is very quick for 270 and will be a great college DT at 295-300 if he can build sufficient strength.

Thanks, that sounds about right. He is very quick for 270 and will be a great college DT at 295-300 if he can build sufficient strength.
Agreed! Would be a really good get for the Gophs!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hafiz decommits for isu and gophers offered boye mafe

Hafiz decommits for isu and gophers offered boye mafe

Hafiz has a very solid offer list. Mafe is a position of need. We still need linebackers, defensive line, and offensive skill.

Usually i say if Coach offers them im buying in but I don't get the Mafe offer... Unless they see him as a future DT ...

Usually i say if Coach offers them im buying in but I don't get the Mafe offer... Unless they see him as a future DT ...
It would be pretty unusual to miss on a kid you've watched this long right in your backyard. I know Claeys went and watched him personally Friday. Guess only time will tell, but I trust the offer.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

He's an athletic freak who has only been playing football for 2 years. The staff is recruiting him as a DE and he's on commitment watch.

It reminds me when they offered Lingen. He camped over the summer but the coaches needed to see him improve on some things and they felt he did as they saw from the first few games of his senior season.

It reminds me when they offered Lingen. He camped over the summer but the coaches needed to see him improve on some things and they felt he did as they saw from the first few games of his senior season.

Good analogy, I also remember Gopher fans confused by the offer...HE should be a PWO

Mafe is a good player. I am completely fine with him getting an offer. He can cover well, he can put his hand in the dirt and go after the qb and Hopkins has used him in a hybrid safety/Lb role before. He's an athlete who could be coached into a beast.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

He's an athletic freak who has only been playing football for 2 years. The staff is recruiting him as a DE and he's on commitment watch.

I watched a short Hudl video didn't see it that way but you the boss and I'll take you at your word...

Mafe a potential speed rush DE bookend to Devers?

I was just gonna say. Devers has me totally confident in our ability to scout/offer d-ends. Same with d-backs — I trust the staff. And DE is a position of need.

Devers has 2 total tackles in his collegiate career and we're already comparing players to him? Don't get me wrong he's had a few nice plays but it seems a little early.

I actually think he'll end up at strong side DE.

He holds his current 230 so athletically that he almost looks lean. He has only been playing football for two years and I'd imagine he wasn't lifting really hard prior to joining the team. I think he'll be able to put on 20 lbs pretty easily.

Jaquarius Landrews , safety, and SEC commit to Mississippi State visits this weekend along with Green. He is a JC. transfer who also holds a power 5 offer from Arkansas.

Jaquarius Landrews , safety, and SEC commit to Mississippi State visits this weekend along with Green. He is a JC. transfer who also holds a power 5 offer from Arkansas.

Would be a huge pickup with the graduation of Demaryius forthcoming and the questionable safety play across from him.

Devers has 2 total tackles in his collegiate career and we're already comparing players to him? Don't get me wrong he's had a few nice plays but it seems a little early.

Yep, small sample size for sure. He did cause numerous QB rushes in the Ind St game when he was on the field, getting tantalizingly close a couple times near goal line.

I think everyone knows it is early. OOC isn't much but it is all we have.

Top Bottom