Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Surprised this story has not garnered more interest. People seem to think Seth Green is nearly a sure thing, I can't imagine either of these guys wants to come here if the other commits, correct? If that is the case, either Green is not a lock, or they'd prefer Keon Howard. Curious what others think.

We need 2 QB recruits IMO

Surprised this story has not garnered more interest. People seem to think Seth Green is nearly a sure thing, I can't imagine either of these guys wants to come here if the other commits, correct? If that is the case, either Green is not a lock, or they'd prefer Keon Howard. Curious what others think.

I want as much potential at quarterback on this team as possible and if one guy doesn't want to fight for a starting job or doesn't think he can win, I don't want him.

not sure why people want him to drop weight??? everywhere iv seen hes listed 310 lbs..

For endurance and sounds like we may be going to Zone blocking scheme, so he is going to have to continue to pull and lead block. Big guy, if he can still move at that size than he probably doesn't need to drop any pounds.

I think the coaches understand there is a severe lack of QB depth on this team. There's also the chance Seth Green doesn't pan out at QB.

Yeah, I don't think the staff recruiting multiple QBs is a sign than we aren't confident in Green. We have lost two scholarship QBs. Streveler switched to WR and Diminic Roden-McKinzy transferred. We lack depth at QB.

This!

We need 2 QB recruits IMO

We need competition at the QB position plain and simple. It has been severely lacking for 3 plus years, competition at the position that is and a proven back up that can step in.
We don't really have a capable experienced back-up if Leidner were to get hurt, not a knock on Demry Croft he is a true freshman still learning to play and hasn't gotten much opportunity.

Not sure why either would not want to come if the other was. Neither is regarded highly enough to avoid competition. They'll have to compete with Croft too who by all accounts has looked pretty good. There will be somebody new next year as well. And so on. They can't play big time CFB and not expect to have to compete at all times. I'm sure they get that.

But 4 stars

This has been discussed ad nauseum on here. Stars have some predictive ability overall, but are far from infallible. In hindsight, should Isaac Hayes have been a 4-star? Maybe or maybe not. He definitely didn't live up to what recruiting rankings thought he would be.

Watch the highlights objectively comparing 2-star Cushenberry with 3-star Castillo and with 4-star Foster. Who passes the eye test and who would you prefer if you didn't know how many stars they were awarded?

If they don't want to come here because of competition, we're better off not signing them to begin with...

This has been discussed ad nauseum on here. Stars have some predictive ability overall, but are far from infallible. In hindsight, should Isaac Hayes have been a 4-star? Maybe or maybe not. He definitely didn't live up to what recruiting rankings thought he would be.

Watch the highlights objectively comparing 2-star Cushenberry with 3-star Castillo and with 4-star Foster. Who passes the eye test and who would you prefer if you didn't know how many stars they were awarded?

I should have written "But 4 stars /s"

Then, what is the reason Tony Poljan decommitted?

Not entirely sure, I've heard it's mutual. Maybe he really liked Limegrover/zebrowksi and sad they're gone.

Doesn't change that I think we need 2 QB's considering we only have 2 on scholarship now one being a senior

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I like it

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Three bricks in the wall of the Empire. They have said it, the trio is coming to Minnesota to kick some butt. This is a confident group, that's half the battle.

RE: "The Trio." As much as these guys talk, I sure hope they can play............Personally, I would rather have players that don't say "boo" on social media, and then they go out on Saturday and blow people up on the field. talk don't mean squat. same thing with guys that make one good play in a game, and then flap their jaws at the other team. shut up and play!

RE: "The Trio." As much as these guys talk, I sure hope they can play............Personally, I would rather have players that don't say "boo" on social media, and then they go out on Saturday and blow people up on the field. talk don't mean squat. same thing with guys that make one good play in a game, and then flap their jaws at the other team. shut up and play!
These guys have been extremely positive about the program and have helped with recruiting. Meanwhile, you're living up to your username.

There's absolutely no correlation between kids taking to social media and "guys that make one good play in a game then flap their jaws." Kids are on social media all day long. All kids in all cities and all walks of life, regardless of the their interest in or aptitude at sports. I'm just glad these guys seem enthusiastic about being here.

Go cry me a river

What a stupid post.

Yeah, I'm really pissed the Daniels twins recruited Snelson to the gophers and now are talking to other possible recruits! They should just shut up and never talk about how excited they are to play in MN!

They are pretty close to where Malek Young lives too who just decommitted from Georgia. Go get him boys!

01d09da754caec24c4833de4ca6fbb3e.jpg

image.jpg

Top Bottom