Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Anyone know why this is happening now? Did Green not have chemistry with Kill or something? Curious. Hope we get him though.

Anyone know why this is happening now? Did Green not have chemistry with Kill or something? Curious. Hope we get him though.
Speculating: A combination of our vanilla OC gone and his perceived struggles in Texas?

Minnesota's probably the only FBS school willing to take him at QB - or at least the best of a few options.

Any time we lose a 4* player like Sean Foster, and a "Roethlisberger-like" QB in Tony Poljan, I cringed.

But, then this is Coach Claey's team and he is putting a stamp on it.

Let's hope that Foster (~IOwa?) and Poljan (~Nebraska) don't come back to hound us.

Diminished options for green. No more Oregon

"In this year's recruiting class, the Oregon Ducks finished second for a handful of top quarterback recruits before finally snagging U.S. Army All-American Travis Waller.

There will be no such drama in next year's group, as Oregon landed its man early in the process.

Seth Green, a Rivals four-star and the No. 8 dual-threat quarterback in the country, chose Oregon over Michigan State and Minnesota in a ceremony Wednesday morning. The 6-foot-3, 205-pound signal-caller out of Woodbury, Minnesota also held offers from Illinois, Iowa, Louisville, Pittsburgh Toledo and Wisconsin.

"Oregon has great facilities, great coaches, great style play, fun offense, great location on the West Coast," he told Bleacher Report before announcing his decision.

"I'd like to thank all of the coaches that have been recruiting me, and my friends and family for supporting me, and I'd like to commit to the University of Oregon," Green said.

Despite the "home-field advantage" for Michigan State and Minnesota, the four-star quarterback explained that Eugene felt the most like home.

"When I went out there I felt at home. It was just a great place to me," Green explained in a Bleacher Report exclusive video. "I really loved the atmosphere. I could see myself being there day-in and day-out, getting better as a person and player.""

Because Poljan decommitted and we now need a QB in this class.
I think it's probably more that Oregon cooled on him than Poljan de-committing. It's also probably more likely that Poljan de-committed due the Gophers continued interest in Green too.

I think it's probably more that Oregon cooled on him than Poljan de-committing. It's also probably more likely that Poljan de-committed due the Gophers continued interest in Green too.

Poljan de-committed because he was asked to de-commit.

I wouldn't expect any annoucements before tommorow. My guess is that even if they want to commit they are told to go home and think about it. We're ten days from JUCO Transfer signing day so there could be some movement. I hoping for at least Calhoun and Jackson.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

First, the 5th grade OMBGA girls team win the Minnatonka tournament. Then Seth comes home. Could this day get any better?

That's fine. Believe reports or don't. I guess it is possible folks who follow this stuff were wrong and that his real desire was to play TE at Nebraska.

What reports? Unlike the Foster situation, I saw no reports that the parting of Poljan was mutual.

Top Bottom