Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

per Joe:

Seth Green, who originally committed to play quarterback at Oregon, made an official visit with the Gophers this weekend, drawing excitement that he could be very close to flipping to Minnesota.

Green was a standout at East Ridge before transferring to play his senior season in Allen, Texas. He and Oregon have mutually decided it’s best for him to explore other options.

http://www.startribune.com/former-e...akes-recruiting-visit-to-minnesota/360748461/

Go Gophers!!

ZYW4oLp.png

When will we expect commitment announcements from our JC prospects? Isn't their datelines approaching soon?

And when will we hear about commitments from our visitors the last few weeks?

Any news/rumors about potential decommitments, or about possible flips to MN?

Juco transfer signing date is Dec 16th. At least one JUCO prospect, Vincent Calhoun, is expected to sign, one JUCO target Merrick Jackson, is class of 2016 prospect, so he might be just a transfer and 3 year guy like Brien Boddy-Calhoun.

When will we expect commitment announcements from our JC prospects? Isn't their datelines approaching soon?

And when will we hear about commitments from our visitors the last few weeks?

Any news/rumors about potential decommitments, or about possible flips to MN?

This is only what I've read, but perhaps this will also get others to post their thoughts:

1) Seth Green - Came into the Twin Cities on Saturday Evening. He likes it here, but his status with Oregon is a little murky. Supposedly, they've parted ways, but he's not an official commit here either.
2) Chase Allen - When asked about his visit, he said it was a "10 out of 10". I'm thinking he'll be gold, but this staff likes them to go back and talk with family. I think with the family culture that the staff encourages, that is wise. I'd say we'll see him next year in maroon & gold.
3) Sam Schlueter - Rock solid. Good to have him here recruiting the others. Nice kid!
4) Garrison Wright - Experts have him 100% signing. Trip went well. Staff wants this guy bad; I think he's a very good chance (between us and Memphis)
5) Trystan Castillo - Home visit and trip to the Twin Cities was excellent. He's committed at this point to Missouri, but that situation is fluid. I think we'll see him in Maroon & Gold next year.
6) Terrell Lucas - Florida guy that would make "The Trio" into the "The Quad". First time seeing snow on his trip here. I think he liked it, but is still visiting Duke in a few weeks and possibly Tennessee. Of the above recruits, I'd say his is the most up in the air at this point. One thing about Duke; they're going hard after another Defensive End (Chidi Okonya) and are expecting to sign him.

This is only what I've read, but perhaps this will also get others to post their thoughts:

1) Seth Green - Came into the Twin Cities on Saturday Evening. He likes it here, but his status with Oregon is a little murky. Supposedly, they've parted ways, but he's not an official commit here either.
2) Chase Allen - When asked about his visit, he said it was a "10 out of 10". I'm thinking he'll be gold, but this staff likes them to go back and talk with family. I think with the family culture that the staff encourages, that is wise. I'd say we'll see him next year in maroon & gold.
3) Sam Schlueter - Rock solid. Good to have him here recruiting the others. Nice kid!
4) Garrison Wright - Experts have him 100% signing. Trip went well. Staff wants this guy bad; I think he's a very good chance (between us and Memphis)
5) Trystan Castillo - Home visit and trip to the Twin Cities was excellent. He's committed at this point to Missouri, but that situation is fluid. I think we'll see him in Maroon & Gold next year.
6) Terrell Lucas - Florida guy that would make "The Trio" into the "The Quad". First time seeing snow on his trip here. I think he liked it, but is still visiting Duke in a few weeks and possibly Tennessee. Of the above recruits, I'd say his is the most up in the air at this point. One thing about Duke; they're going hard after another Defensive End (Chidi Okonya) and are expecting to sign him.

Thanks for the summary!

Garrison Wright just got an offer from TCU. :(

Garrison Wright just got an offer from TCU. :(

With Jerry Kill gone, no more honor among friends?

Maybe Claeys jump the gun with the firings. Would Sean Foster have still been around?

Not to mention Kill being here wouldn't have stopped Patterson recruiting an uncommitted kid. Both schools did recruit Poock.

We need a commitment announcement soon to dampen the blows of Woody Gate tomorrow!

Go Gophers!!

Amir Watts Senior Year Hudl video, released today. He's got some Steven Richardson to him. He's visiting this weekend. He'd be a nice addition to the DL.

Amir Watts Senior Year Hudl video, released today. He's got some Steven Richardson to him. He's visiting this weekend. He'd be a nice addition to the DL.

Agreed. Injuries hurt, but I think the D-line is a place where we need a few more bodies. Watts and Jackson (JC player) would be great additions.

Go Gophers!!

I really think this kid is going to be a special player at the U. I've seen him play twice and he is just a terrific HS football player. It's difficult to evaluate someone like him because he is so advanced physically. He almost has the size to NFL LBer today.

I really think this kid is going to be a special player at the U. I've seen him play twice and he is just a terrific HS football player. It's difficult to evaluate someone like him because he is so advanced physically. He almost has the size to NFL LBer today.

How can we be his only FBS offer, especially if he's such a physical specimen?

Well I mean technically Eastern Michigan is an FBS offer. Perhaps it is because he committed in July and has been so solid he has entertained other offers.

I didn't mean he was physically an NFL football player. He would get steamrolled, physically, in the NFL. I meant he is a 6'4" 233 lbs and in HS.

He committed to us in the summer. A lot of early commits don't have a lot of offers because other programs see them as a waste of time. Look at Polijan, the Nebraska offer was right behind his parting with MN. Did he get better that night? Nope, he became available.

If Martin was sitting there in January without any FBS offers, I'd see your point (although a lot of physical specimens don't have offers at that time), but a kid that's been solid to the U since his July commit. I don't think it really is a valid point.

Top Bottom