Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Look for the Winfield and Spielman to commit some time time this month, I think Winfield picks Minnesota(though don't think a commitment by him will be solid and others could flip him) and Spielman I'd say picks Minnesota, but I think its really close with Nebraska, sounds like he is visiting them this weekend, we'll see how that goes.

I am not current on Winfield's recruiting at all. I am assuming he would flip if offered from Ohio State. Do you think that they will offer him, being a legacy recruit and all?

I am not current on Winfield's recruiting at all. I am assuming he would flip if offered from Ohio State. Do you think that they will offer him, being a legacy recruit and all?

Not at all. OSU has the #1 2016, 2017 and I believe 2018 recruiting classes.

Free scout article on JD Spielman

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1571815

Playmaking wide receiver-return man J.D. Spielman recently told Scout's Ryan Burns that Minnesota and Nebraska were his two top choices. He camped with the Gophers at the end of July and visits the Cornhuskers this weekend.
"I don't have any other visits set up so far," he said, which may mean the Huskers get the last crack at him before a commitment is made, as he says it might be soon.
"Sometime in the next few weeks. I would like to talk it over with my family first."

Spielman was an integral part of Eden Prairie's state title winning 2014 season, and he hopes to find a school that will allow him to continue those winning ways along with provide a great education.
"[I'm looking for] a school that has a great history and great traditions, also a school that has a good coaching staff, a school that will compete for a championship and on top has good academics as well."
Spielman recently added an Iowa State offer. His list also includes Iowa and Michigan. The son of Vikings GM Rick Spielman, he was, at one time, an Ohio State lacrosse commitment.

Tyler I would think looking at a potential pro career down the line chooses football. With the Gopher success with DBs seems Minnesota would be a great fit. He can always revisit playing basketball in a few years and walk on. He is a talent.

Minnesota QB Commit Tony Poljan Readies for Senior Campaign

Wise beyond his years, Poljan has adopted a steady approach toward leading his team to its goals this year, a true mark of a leader.

“As a team there are a lot of goals, but the goals wont be reached unless we take every game one game at a time like its our last game,” said Poljan. “Our very first goal is to play the game in front of us, so that’s what we are going to focus on and the rest will take care of itself.”

Ranked as a three-star prospect and the No. 17 dual-threat quarterback in the country, Poljan has a versatile skill set that will be put to the test this fall.

“I think I’m a dual-threat quarterback,” said Poljan. “I like to pass the ball and run the ball. At the end of the day, quarterbacks have to get yards and first downs to score touchdowns. That’s my first goal. It doesn’t matter how the chains move, pass or run, but the chains have to be moved somehow.”

http://www.todaysu.com/recruiting/c...mmit-tony-poljan-readies-for-senior-campaign/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thats sort of a funny tweet by Joe C. I wouldn't quite say listing every single offer you possess is narrowing down you decision.

If J.D. goes to Nebraska does this open it up more for Tyler Johnson? I would personally rather see us get Johnson even though I would love to have them both.

If J.D. goes to Nebraska does this open it up more for Tyler Johnson? I would personally rather see us get Johnson even though I would love to have them both.

Johnson is a take either way. Who it opens the door for is Drew Hmielewski from Marshall.

The Daniels twins have quickly become two of my favorite commits if for no other reason than their recruitment efforts.

Can't wait for the other Florida commits to roll in. Epic recruiting year unfolding.

per Joe:

Spielman narrows list

J.D. Spielman, a multi-position standout at Eden Prairie, announced on Twitter that he will make his college decision Saturday and narrowed his list to five: Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan, Minnesota and Nebraska.

Spielman is the son of Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman. Eden Prairie linebacker Carter Coughlin has been committed to Minnesota since March and implored Gophers fans on Twitter to let his teammate know how much they want him at the U.

http://www.startribune.com/lauer-in...u-offensive-line-remains-a-concern/321202241/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Free scout article on JD Spielman

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1571815

Playmaking wide receiver-return man J.D. Spielman recently told Scout's Ryan Burns that Minnesota and Nebraska were his two top choices. He camped with the Gophers at the end of July and visits the Cornhuskers this weekend.
"I don't have any other visits set up so far," he said, which may mean the Huskers get the last crack at him before a commitment is made, as he says it might be soon.
"Sometime in the next few weeks. I would like to talk it over with my family first."

Spielman was an integral part of Eden Prairie's state title winning 2014 season, and he hopes to find a school that will allow him to continue those winning ways along with provide a great education.
"[I'm looking for] a school that has a great history and great traditions, also a school that has a good coaching staff, a school that will compete for a championship and on top has good academics as well."
Spielman recently added an Iowa State offer. His list also includes Iowa and Michigan. The son of Vikings GM Rick Spielman, he was, at one time, an Ohio State lacrosse commitment.

Hopefully dad wants him to stay close to home. I know he's spoken very highly of Kill in the past.

Had the chance to see JD more on the Lacrosse fields than football but based on what I saw there he definitely has elite speed.

It's a little concerning that he visited northwestern and didn't get an offer and a little more concerning that the only school still warm to him (other than us) is the one that hasn't seen him on campus yet (Nebraska). I just hope for his sake that he goes where he can eventually play and doesn't come in as some kind of relationship builder between the Gophers and the Vikings and sit the bench 4 years.

I wonder how much the Snelson commit will factor into Spielman's decision.

I wonder how much the Snelson commit will factor into Spielman's decision.

There have been 9 predictions in August on where Spielman is going. All 9 are Nebraska. While it's not 100%, there usually is something to these "experts" agreement. I noted Spielman is not a "Top Target" for us at this point.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom