Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Why are people bagging on someone posting recruiting info on this site? Isn't that why we all visit this board?

No kidding. Half this thread is pasting tweets yet posting what a recruiting article says is somehow upsetting to some.

Let me chime in: when I read the "did some digging" post, I took it to mean that the poster had some source of information - i.e. someone close enough to the program to have inside information.

If he had opened the post with: "I was reading Joe Blow's web site, and he said......" - that changes the way the post is perceived.

whether he meant to or not, the poster gave the impression that he was presenting the result of some independent research, not merely repeating something he read online.

Let me chime in: when I read the "did some digging" post, I took it to mean that the poster had some source of information - i.e. someone close enough to the program to have inside information.

If he had opened the post with: "I was reading Joe Blow's web site, and he said......" - that changes the way the post is perceived.

whether he meant to or not, the poster gave the impression that he was presenting the result of some independent research, not merely repeating something he read online.

I do think GF has some sources beyond a Burns subscription. He's been right about a few things in the past that hadn't totally surfaced yet. I have no reason not to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I appreciate his contributions to this site.

Time to panic?

No, lots of kids post offers even after committing. No reason to think it means anything. In a tweet just before that one he tweeted out his Minnesota offer and said something along the lines of "It's official ya boy is a Gopher!"

USA Today with a sarcastic headline:

Somehow, Minnesota lands top WR target Dredrick Snelson

Dredrick Snelson is one of the nation’s top prep wide receivers. He’s blazing fast, is a highly motivated star at Charles W. Flanagan High in Ft. Lauderdale, and holds scholarship offers from the likes of Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Notre Dame and a handful of other top national programs. On Tuesday he made his collegiate decision, taking up Minnesota’s offer above all others.

Wait, that must be a typo, right? Minnesota? Minnesota. The guy from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. is heading to the upper midwest as opposed to nearby national powers Alabama and Florida State. Why?

That’s the great question. Apparently Snelson was sold on being a part of a transformative core of young talent leading the Gophers. Now that he’s on board, the Gophers will need to keep Snelson on side and as a key part of the team. That may be harder than it looks, but it doesn’t invalidate what the Gophers have accomplished already just by getting Snelson to commit in the first place.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/somehow-minnesota-lands-top-wr-target-dredick-snelson

Go Gophers!!

I do think GF has some sources beyond a Burns subscription. He's been right about a few things in the past that hadn't totally surfaced yet. I have no reason not to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I appreciate his contributions to this site.
Agreed.

With Snelson committing are we still going after that 4* WR who is committed to Louisville?

With Snelson committing are we still going after that 4* WR who is committed to Louisville?

He put out word a week or two ago that he's solid to Louisville and is shutting down his recruitment.

That was when Iowa was good. No one's going there now. CDH also has Ray Hitchcock on staff & he's obviously a huge Gopher homer. Mel Scanlan's known to rock the Gopher visor as well. The coaching staff at CDH absolutely does not push kids away from the U. It's like this, those kids want to win. That's why many left their crappy public school teams to play at CDH in the first place. At the college level it's the same thing. They want to play for a winner & play in big games. One former recruit I know was recruited under Brewster. He basically just asked me "Would you have played for Brew instead of going to Notre Dame, Wisconsin or Iowa (when they were winning 10 games a year)?". It's not CDH's fault we sucked for many years. The perception of the Gophers is changing. All we have to do is win & the "CDH pushes their kids away from the U" urban myth will be dispelled.

This is the 100% truth.

CDH never pushed kids AWAY from the U. They were loyal to their kids and wanted them to do what was best for them but they never push kids away.

Mel Scanlan and Mike Scanlan are actually pretty big Gopher fans.

Keep it mind that quite a few CDH players still ended up at the U.
- Kim Royston transferred back
- Ned Tavale
-Kevin Salmon
- Scott Stephenson (ended up transferring to Iowa State, but you can't blame the CDH staff for this)
-Rian Melander
- Mark McElroy
-Shady Salamon
-Jeff Rosga (Rosgas are Cretin royalty)
-Matt Carufel
-Phil Archer

Now, I'm not saying that these guys all have turned out as good as some of the CDH players who left. However, there is a history of Cretin players going to the U and being team captains and All Big 10 type of players. There is a strong contingent of Cretin alums who also played for the Gophers.

Mentions Spielman is probably the only WR they would take a commit from right now. Burns also mentions that if they get Winfield and Spielman they may not have room for Tyler Johnson.

Go Gophers!!

Look for the Winfield and Spielman to commit some time time this month, I think Winfield picks Minnesota(though don't think a commitment by him will be solid and others could flip him) and Spielman I'd say picks Minnesota, but I think its really close with Nebraska, sounds like he is visiting them this weekend, we'll see how that goes.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Decision?

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom