Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Not that it matters or that we had a chance at him but 4 star RB Matt Falcon committed to Michigan today. Thought it might have been worthwhile to just keep an eye on him from a distance because he goes to Southfield, same HS as both Dior and Buford.

Not that it matters or that we had a chance at him but 4 star RB Matt Falcon committed to Michigan today. Thought it might have been worthwhile to just keep an eye on him from a distance because he goes to Southfield, same HS as both Dior and Buford.

yeah he would've been a great get but didn't view us as having a chance once there was a Michigan offer and Harbaugh as coach there

Westlake school looks familiar for some reason. Do we have a current player from there?

I'm not sure, but there is a connection with Coach Anderson to Warrior. Anderson was his dad's college roommate or something like that.

For real? Long shot.

Anytime you're up against his offer list it's a long shot, no matter who you are. That said his Dad and Anderson are very tight so at least that's enough to get us in the door. Him paying his own way up from Georgia shows genuine interest. Also, great we can sell Vereen in the NFL, Ced Thompson likely to be drafted and 3 Senior DB's likely to be drafted next year. Show's they can send DB's to the league and immediate playing time at the Safety position. Also, the weather was beautiful this weekend and we got to showcase our new (relatively) stadium. Maybe the most important part....building relationships. Making friends with other recruits, hanging out with potential teammates, getting to know the coaches, getting comfortable on campus, etc. Hopefully we can parlay this into an official visit come Fall.

Ryan Burns @RyanBurnsGI
I can confirm that in-state @MayerLHS OL @samschlueter55 just committed to #Minnesota over Wisconsin & Michigan State pic.twitter.com/opLFCcizzi

Lock it up Jerry!

Anytime you're up against his offer list it's a long shot, no matter who you are. That said his Dad and Anderson are very tight so at least that's enough to get us in the door. Him paying his own way up from Georgia shows genuine interest. Also, great we can sell Vereen in the NFL, Ced Thompson likely to be drafted and 3 Senior DB's likely to be drafted next year. Show's they can send DB's to the league and immediate playing time at the Safety position. Also, the weather was beautiful this weekend and we got to showcase our new (relatively) stadium. Maybe the most important part....building relationships. Making friends with other recruits, hanging out with potential teammates, getting to know the coaches, getting comfortable on campus, etc. Hopefully we can parlay this into an official visit come Fall.

Don't forget about first rounder Jimmie Ward.

23rd ranked TE on Scout and 21 ranked TE on 247 with offers from Iowa, Iowa State and Syracuse. Goes to the same high school as Oseland and this is already his second visit here. He was able to come up for a bowl practice. If it wasn't for one of Oseland's coaches, his visit in the summer probably would have never even happened so that is a huge plus with this one.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5 in-state commits and its only April 11!!! Wow!!

Sam is the type of recruit that 5-6 years ago we'd have to fight like crazy to keep away from Wisconsin. Now these guys are committing to Minnesota before their junior year is over. Love it.

Go Gophers!!

per Scout:

"They were really excited," he said. "Coach Kill was the first person I told and he was really excited. They want to get me in as soon as possible and see me fitting into the program and want to get me ready to contribute."

Mayer Lutheran has not had a ton of top recruits, nor has that part of the state, but Schuleter has been drawing recruiting attention since he was a freshman. Looking back on it all, he is grateful for the opportunities he has received and excited to know where he is headed.

"It feels awesome. I never thought I would be where I am today."

http://minnesota.scout.com/story/1536688

Go Gophers!!

No question. There's always a shot. Certainly a good sign that he came up here on his own. His dad must be pushing the case. That can't hurt.

26th class in the country on Scout. Pretty meaningless considering how early it is but I think this should at least be a top 45 class when its all said and done.

Kegel would be my guess

On 247, if your put your mouse over the thread title you can see a little bit of the first sentence of OP in the thread even if you don't have VIP. It said "this afternoon" but I couldn't see who the person was. I don't think it's Kegel because he hasn't visited Okie State yet. The Illinois TE who has now visited twice or maybe Bailey Edwards would be my best guess. Tyler Johnson is more interested in AAU basketball than taking recruiting visits right now and I don't think it's Spielman either.

On 247, if your put your mouse over the thread title you can see a little bit of the first sentence of OP in the thread even if you don't have VIP. It said "this afternoon" but I couldn't see who the person was. I don't think it's Kegel because he hasn't visited Okie State yet. The Illinois TE who has now visited twice or maybe Bailey Edwards would be my best guess. Don't think it's Spielman or Tyler Johnson either.

That is my guess as well. Looks like it would be a solid get too.

The Gophers will eventually shut down the borders, and they also cast a wide net.

They never give up on the top tier recruits. Sooner or later someone like Nigel Warrior will bite as the wins & the number of Gophers going to the NFL keep piling up.

Dior Johnson is our first out of state 4 star bite in the Jerry Kill era from 2015. I stand to be corrected on this.

Win and they will come!

On 247, if your put your mouse over the thread title you can see a little bit of the first sentence of OP in the thread even if you don't have VIP. It said "this afternoon" but I couldn't see who the person was. I don't think it's Kegel because he hasn't visited Okie State yet. The Illinois TE who has now visited twice or maybe Bailey Edwards would be my best guess. Don't think it's Spielman or Tyler Johnson either.

Goblirsch didn't give a name in his post, but yes he said this afternoon. Yeah I think we may have our first out of state commit. Albert O or Bailey Edwards would make sense.

Top Bottom