Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Are you familiar with Texas? It's a collection of the silliest people on Earth. When it come to football and politics, nothing should surprise you when it comes to Texas.

There is all kinds of dirty money floating around their top high school programs. Where do you think it comes from?

The $60 million Allen HS stadium, only a few years old, is unusable die to structural defects. Investigation (and litigation) ongoing. Karma for a terrible misallocation of wealth? A vengeful god on Permian's side? Dumb****istan building code?

Green will get to play at the junior high.

The $60 million Allen HS stadium, only a few years old, is unusable die to structural defects. Investigation (and litigation) ongoing. Karma for a terrible misallocation of wealth? A vengeful god on Permian's side? Dumb****istan building code?

Green will get to play at the junior high.

All 2015 Games will be played in Eagle Stadium. Each month has stadium repair update.
http://c2.allenisd.schoolwires.net/Page/382 It will be ready to go.

All 2015 Games will be played in Eagle Stadium. Each month has stadium repair update.
http://c2.allenisd.schoolwires.net/Page/382 It will be ready to go.

That is a fascinating read. Virtually every aspect of the build load-bearing structure except some of the foundation pillars will need to be reinforced. I would imagine there was a pucker factor 10 when this revelation came though last year. What a mess. This wasn't a rookie company either.

I was watching his Hudl video the other day, he looks like a pretty impressive athlete.

Wow, pretty impressive speed. Class seems to be getting deeper by the day and the camp season hasn't even started.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Message to Philip Howard. Jump on this offer quickly. Would love to have you in Maroon and Gold.

Whats the consensus on position projection for Howard? Would picking up Spielman and Howard be redundant? Are they both slot receivers?

Impressive

Whats the consensus on position projection for Howard? Would picking up Spielman and Howard be redundant? Are they both slot receivers?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3121197/highlights/167915385/v2

Phillip Howard seems to have a lot of versatility. These were his junior highlights. He could grow and continue as an option quarterback. He could be a running back. He could be a wide receiver. Obviously he can return kicks.
Could he be a DB? Why would you want him to be? He makes people miss running the ball. Impressive.

I could see Howard ending up at CB in college.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3121197/highlights/167915385/v2

Phillip Howard seems to have a lot of versatility. These were his junior highlights. He could grow and continue as an option quarterback. He could be a running back. He could be a wide receiver. Obviously he can return kicks.
Could he be a DB? Why would you want him to be? He makes people miss running the ball. Impressive.

He will not be a QB I can promise you that.

He could still play CB and return kicks as we've seen with Myrick and James. I'm sure a lot of our DBs were able to make people miss when running the ball in high school.

Does Howard play any defense in high school? Has our staff ever taken an offensive-only player in high school and recruited them as a defensive player? I ask because Tracy Claeys on multiple occasions has said we are a good tackling team because they recruit players who tackle well in high school. My best guess is Howard would end up at WR.

We are recruiting Howard as a CB.

I've heard Tyler Johnson is being recruited as a DB. Any insight on whether its CB or S? Obviously multiple CBs in the same class is more likely to occur than multiple slot receivers in the same class.

And Burns believes it's 75-25 chance at WR as opposed to DB.

I am to go out on a limb and predict there is a 100% chance that the coaches will decide along with some help from the recruit. At least that what I've heard Dr.Don has been saying.

And Burns believes it's 75-25 chance at WR as opposed to DB.

Ok then. With the recent trend of recruiting big receivers, would Howard play the outside or is he looked at as a slot receiver? If he's looked at a slot, does the staff take Howard and Spielman?

According to GI we are recruiting him as a true athlete and will decide his position in camp.

I thought I read he was being recruited as a CB by Goblirsch but all I see now is Athlete. Anything can happen, but we haven't recruited a WR under 6'2" since Eric Carter 3 classes ago, so I'll put my money on CB.

I am to go out on a limb and predict there is a 100% chance that the coaches will decide along with some help from the recruit. At least that what I've heard Dr.Don has been saying.

Who said they wouldn't? He believes that there is about about a 75% that the coaches will decide to put him at WR.

Who said they wouldn't? He believes that there is about about a 75% that the coaches will decide to put him at WR.

KJ "hates" people speculating and discussing Gopher football. He only believes what comes directly from Kill's mouth, even though it's ridiculous in this case since Howard was obviously told by the staff what position he was being offered for.

Looks like Howard trains with TC:

Go Gophers!!

Not like that

He will not be a QB I can promise you that.

He could still play CB and return kicks as we've seen with Myrick and James. I'm sure a lot of our DBs were able to make people miss when running the ball in high school.

Sorry, not like that tape they weren't. Unless he's a January enrollee they have like 16 months before they practice with him. He is listed at 5'11 and 175. He could be 5'11 or he could be 6'2 pretty easily by then depending. He could also be 195. His athletic ability makes him a candidate to end up at several positions based on a lot of variables.

Elmore was a TE for about a week. Jones was a receiver for a season. Etc Etc Predicting where this kid will play is foolhardy. He is athletic enough to play lots of places, especially if he grows but he is offensively gifted. If he is more talented defensively with 5 different guys saying "impressive" after watching him on offense...then he's what? 1st round NFL DB?

[/B]

Sorry, not like that tape they weren't. Unless he's a January enrollee they have like 16 months before they practice with him. He is listed at 5'11 and 175. He could be 5'11 or he could be 6'2 pretty easily by then depending. He could also be 195. His athletic ability makes him a candidate to end up at several positions based on a lot of variables.

Elmore was a TE for about a week. Jones was a receiver for a season. Etc Etc Predicting where this kid will play is foolhardy. He is athletic enough to play lots of places, especially if he grows but he is offensively gifted. If he is more talented defensively with 5 different guys saying "impressive" after watching him on offense...then he's what? 1st round NFL DB?

Soooo... Does anyone in the know have a feeling if the Gophers would take both Spielman and Howard or is it one or the other?

Soooo... Does anyone in the know have a feeling if the Gophers would take both Spielman and Howard or is it one or the other?

Personally, I'm not in the know, but I think it's a moot point anyway as I highly doubt Spielman is coming here.

Top Bottom