Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, but I just saw a note on BTN that a duel threat QB that was committed to Indiana just flipped to Penn State. I would think this would make it less likely that Croft also flips to PSU (not that I think there was ever too big of a threat).

Correct, PSU won't be interested in Croft anymore.

How about Franklin having to poach a big ten commit? Not a big fan.

We currently have 3 scholarship O-lineman that are seniors, and 7 juniors. The staff probably wants to get this so we're at 5 this year and 4-5 next year.

http://www.thedailygopher.com/pages/football-scholarship-grid

Thanks for posting the grid. Maybe I'm too old school, but I think you almost have to recruit a whole line every year. Maybe one of those guys can be a PWO, but it's the most grueling position-set on a team and you always have to have ready depth. Plus, in this offense, you need continuity.

Thanks for posting the grid. Maybe I'm too old school, but I think you almost have to recruit a whole line every year. Maybe one of those guys can be a PWO, but it's the most grueling position-set on a team and you always have to have ready depth. Plus, in this offense, you need continuity.

The linemen this team has recruited on both sides of the ball have been the bedrock of this program. Long may it continue.

Correct, PSU won't be interested in Croft anymore.

How about Franklin having to poach a big ten commit? Not a big fan.

In my humble opinion, Franklin is as big of a turd as they come. Completely overrated coach and even bigger sleeze.

You guys call Franklin a sleeze because a recruit switched over to his team? What if the player contacted him first and regardless recruiting is a dirty game. You think if a highly rated player came to kill who lets say was committed to any other B1G team and wanted to come here Kill would say sorry we don't want you. Kill would be here accept this scholly.

Jonathan Femi-Cole is a beast!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5VwIyHnoJpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jonathan Femi-Cole is a beast!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5VwIyHnoJpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've never seen a kid jacked like that.

Wow.

You guys call Franklin a sleeze because a recruit switched over to his team? What if the player contacted him first and regardless recruiting is a dirty game. You think if a highly rated player came to kill who lets say was committed to any other B1G team and wanted to come here Kill would say sorry we don't want you. Kill would be here accept this scholly.

I agree. I don't see how we are saints just because we try to poach from non Big Ten P5 and MAC teams but Franklin is the devil just because it is from a fellow Big Ten team. If anything the recruit is the one that I think less of for lack of loyalty and commitment, not the coach. Everybody seems to dislike Franklin simply because he is from the SEC. After all Vanderbilt the dirtiest program in that entire conference, right? Plus at least go after ND first who poached PSU's 5 star QB commit before you go after PSU when no other decent uncommitted QBs were available.

How do you explain the interest in Croft then? Pretty big coincidence if you think two commits from different rival conference schools at the same position would both contact the same rival conference school both interested in decommitting from their current agreement to commit at Penn State.

How do you explain the interest in Croft then? Pretty big coincidence if you think two commits from different rival conference schools at the same position would both contact the same rival conference school both interested in decommitting from their current agreement to commit at Penn State.

Easy, Franklin heres of Croft and see's, damn this kid is really good. Let me call him up or send a letter to test his interest. Croft denies interest and is loyal. The Franklin contacts this kid from Illinois, kid says Illinois is a sinking ship and PSU is lets face it, will be much better in the future. Franklin gets his man to switch to PSU. Not a bid deal.

Easy, Franklin heres of Croft and see's, damn this kid is really good. Let me call him up or send a letter to test his interest. Croft denies interest and is loyal. The Franklin contacts this kid from Illinois, kid says Illinois is a sinking ship and PSU is lets face it, will be much better in the future. Franklin gets his man to switch to PSU. Not a bid deal.

I hered of him, too

Except that has nothing to do with your original argument of why you thought people shouldn't be upset at Franklin. Your argument was "what if the players called PSU first?" Obviously Croft didn't and neither did the Illinois kid in your example here.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Tough to see a good recruit from the Twin Cities go elsewhere, but the writing has been on the wall that he was going to commit to Oregon or Michigan State for awhile right?

Pick up the next one, Jer. Although Carlberg would've been a really nice brick.

I'm willing to bet that within two years Carlberg has switched to OL. Sometimes a kid can be pig headed about what's best for him.

Oseland was higher on Limegrover's board than Carlberg according to Matt Humbert. Also Tyler Moore is rated about the same and has a somewhat comparable offer list as well who I think we will get.

*hears
*sees
*stays
*then,
*let's face it, PSU will be much better in the future
*big

I just had to. Boy, the ACT english section certainly wouldn't have been your strength. Grammar troll award goes to me today!

*hears
*sees
*stays
*then,
*let's face it, PSU will be much better in the future
*big

I just had to. Boy, the ACT english section certainly wouldn't have been your strength. Grammar troll award goes to me today!

Yeah, I type fast. I don't waste time proof reading. Aint nobody got time fo dat!

I'm willing to bet that within two years Carlberg has switched to OL. Sometimes a kid can be pig headed about what's best for him.

It sounds as though you're blaming Carlberg for pursuing an opportunity that is more attuned to his interests when there's no one to blame here on either side of the equation. He wants to try the defensive side of the ball and he doesn''t project to the type of D-lineman in Claeys' system. It would have been nice to have him, but I wish him nothing but the best. He didn't string anyone along until the last month.

It sounds as though you're blaming Carlberg for pursuing an opportunity that is more attuned to his interests when there's no one to blame here on either side of the equation. He wants to try the defensive side of the ball and he doesn''t project to the type of D-lineman in Claeys' system. It would have been nice to have him, but I wish him nothing but the best. He didn't string anyone along until the last month.
No blame; I just expect that the Gophers Coaches are right about his best position.

I've got no problem with Carlberg choosing Oregon and no problem with forgetting about him when he does.

Most programs would just tell him they would give him a chance on the D side. During his red shirt year they would tell him he is going to the O side of the balls. Lets see where he ends up in Oregon in a few years.

Top Bottom