Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Charlie Rogers has an OV scheduled for Utah St. this weekend: http://247sports.com/Player/Charlie-Rogers-8725

I would imagine that we want him to enroll in January, so he probably will need to make a decision in the next month. That is if he still has a committable offer from us.
He is looking for any reason to not go to Minnesota. I don't think he ends up a Gopher, but I hope I'm wrong.

KSTP: DeLaSalle's Drayton Carlberg Says No To Gophers

DeLaSalle senior offensive and defensive lineman Drayton Carlberg made his college choice public on Friday afternoon in a ceremony at the school. His choice: Oregon.

Carlberg said no to North Carolina, California, Vanderbilt, Michigan State, and the Gophers.

On Gophers coach Jerry Kill, Carlberg said, "He recruited me hard... I love Jerry Kill."

However, the Gophers wanted Carlberg to play offensive line. He prefers to see if he can play along the defensive line, and Oregon will allow him to do so. Oregon is also welcoming Drayton's brother, Hunter, to be a walk-on.

Carlberg is the second metro area player to commit to Oregon in the last month. He joins junior quarterback Seth Green (East Ridge HS).

http://kstp.com/sports/stories/S3620414.shtml

Go Gophers!!

Oh, and his brother is going to be a walk-on. Isn't that sweet.........

can you say "quid pro quo...."

I think Tyler Moore would be a better fit here and Drayton is a better fit in Oregon's uptempo O.

Don't know if I saw and heard correctly but Randy Shaver didn't include Carlberg on his all-Metro Team on either the O or D-line. Randy must not have been happy with him going elsewhere :)

He'll be on TV next week in the 4a champ game as they destroyed Hutchinson yesterday.

No you had it correct. I am just one of those old farts who don't care to keep track of a Minnesota kid who chooses to go else where.

Don't know if I saw and heard correctly but Randy Shaver didn't include Carlberg on his all-Metro Team on either the O or D-line. Randy must not have been happy with him going elsewhere :)

Randy would only be ticked if Carlberg didn't go to Iowa or Iowa State. Seriously, Carlberg kind of fell off the radar. Doesn't mean he isn't legit, but I seemed to hear less about him this year than last year.

Texas have really gone down hill ever since A&M left for the SEC. I cant recall us ever "stealing" a Texas boy with a Longhorns offer. even Connor Mayes didnt have a Longhorns offer.

Texas have really gone down hill ever since A&M left for the SEC. I cant recall us ever "stealing" a Texas boy with a Longhorns offer. even Connor Mayes didnt have a Longhorns offer.

Moore does have a committable offer but it's a grayshirt offer.

Connor Mayes would have had a Texas offer if he stepped on campus.

It's interesting regarding Tyler Moore that most recent (last 6) predictors are for Minnesota. We weren't even mentioned before that. Also, following the recruiting Tweets; it looks like his OV went very well. He'd be a great get.

It's interesting regarding Tyler Moore that most recent (last 6) predictors are for Minnesota. We weren't even mentioned before that. Also, following the recruiting Tweets; it looks like his OV went very well. He'd be a great get.
Nothing like getting a kid on campus to close the deal. As we improve, it'll be easier to get kids to make an OV, when that happens we'll start closing the deal on some of the higher ranked kids. Brick by Brick Jerry will build this program.

Top Bottom