Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Perhaps Willie knows all the silent verbals that we don't. The spots may indeed be full…but perhaps Davis with his Brick by Brick tweets already has one and perhaps Mr. Sykes does too. Gosh it is a great week to be a gopher fan…now 10 of the July BBQ attendees have committed. Fantastic

If the staff knew the addition of Hardin was coming today and if Davis is actually a silent verbal the Sykes tweet from yesterday about no more room at Minnesota would make a lot more sense. There would be 4 CBs Hardin, Craighton, Shenault, and Davis and 2 S Huff and Buford just by going with the position listed on 24/7 under offers. IF this is the case my guess is they want to wait to see what Kelly does before taking any other DB commitments.

If the staff knew the addition of Hardin was coming today and if Davis is actually a silent verbal the Sykes tweet from yesterday about no more room at Minnesota would make a lot more sense. There would be 4 CBs Hardin, Craighton, Shenault, and Davis and 2 S Huff and Buford just by going with the position listed on 24/7 under offers. IF this is the case my guess is they want to wait to see what Kelly does before taking any other DB commitments.
I believe that Charles Rogers is still a possibility too.

FWIW, Ryan Burns seems to think that the offers to Sykes and Davis have dried up, meaning no SV for Davis. He very well could be wrong though.

FWIW, Ryan Burns seems to think that the offers to Sykes and Davis have dried up, meaning no SV for Davis. He very well could be wrong though.
It would make sense if they are keeping a spot open for Kelly and then only targeting a JUCO guy like Rogers to balance classes and even though I probably prefer Sykes over Rogers if they don't think there is a huge difference between the prospects I can see why they might feel they need a JUCO.

Anree Saint Amour, teammate of Almonzo Brown just scheduled an official for the Purdue game. They will actually both be on officials here for the weekend. He is probably the best prospect that has scheduled an official so far and he is a high 3 on Scout, Rivals, 247 and a 4 star on ESPN. Has offers from OSU, MSU, Tennessee, Louisville, Missouri, Kentucky and Georgia Tech to name a few. Huge to get him on campus.

Anree Saint Amour, teammate of Almonzo Brown just scheduled an official for the Purdue game. They will actually both be on officials here for the weekend. He is probably the best prospect that has scheduled an official so far and he is a high 3 on Scout, Rivals, 247 and a 4 star on ESPN. Has offers from OSU, MSU, Tennessee, Louisville, Missouri, Kentucky and Georgia Tech to name a few. Huge to get him on campus.

I put our chances of signing him at about 5%, but it's interesting that we are his first official. He would have the best offer list of any Gopher recruit in recent memory.

Didn't think we had much of a chance with him and I still don't know if I like our chances of landing him but it can't hurt to get him on campus and hopefully he can see what we have to offer and enjoy a great trip with his teammate.

It can't hurt that a buddy of his is already committed to us, but I have to agree with dpo on this one. I can't imagine us having much of a chance with him.

Is the staff planning on going light on WR in this class given that they are red shirting all 3 (4? is Gant for sure a WR) wide receivers from the 2014 class? It seems like the team could use a legit burner in this class to go with a bunch of the bigger WR's already on campus.

Didn't think we had much of a chance with him and I still don't know if I like our chances of landing him but it can't hurt to get him on campus and hopefully he can see what we have to offer and enjoy a great trip with his teammate.

He may be a longshot, but I would think that a D-lineman would love to play in the Kill/Claeys defensive scheme. Those guys just get turned loose. Here's hoping. Saint Amour would be a huge get for us.

Is the staff planning on going light on WR in this class given that they are red shirting all 3 (4? is Gant for sure a WR) wide receivers from the 2014 class? It seems like the team could use a legit burner in this class to go with a bunch of the bigger WR's already on campus.

I would think they'd be done with Brown already committed, but there's a possibility Hardin ends up as a slot WR as well.

I would think they'd be done with Brown already committed, but there's a possibility Hardin ends up as a slot WR as well.

We're definitely trying to get one more WR, hence why Hunter Register is taking an OV this weekend.

I'm not so sure that Saint-Amour is such a long-shot to be honest. We are in his top-7 along with Iowa, Illinois, Georgia Tech, Cal, Michigan State and Mizzou. That's obviously still some pretty tough competition but I don't see why we couldn't beat out those schools for a recruit.

FYI, per Ryan Burns his OSU offer is no longer on the table.

I'm not so sure that Saint-Amour is such a long-shot to be honest. We are in his top-7 along with Iowa, Illinois, Georgia Tech, Cal, Michigan State and Mizzou. That's obviously still some pretty tough competition but I don't see why we couldn't beat out those schools for a recruit.

FYI, per Ryan Burns his OSU offer is no longer on the table.
There is some good competition for him with Michigan State and Mizzou but I feel much better about our chances than I did a couple of weeks ago.

Whitefield looks like a typical long LB prospect for Tracy Clayes. The man knows how to hit it looks like, I also like his demeanor as tackler and enforcer much more than that of Devondre Campbell's (they both have similar builds, though Campbell's an elite athlete). I dont think Devondre will ever be the player his athletic ability is capable of producing, he just is not aggressive enough as a tackler.

I recall a lot of hype about Ryan Schlichte awhile back.

What JUCO targets are out there and worth following for a potentional commitment? I know the DB Rogers is one, are there other known targets out there that we are in the mix for?

Top Bottom