Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Does Seth Green commit around that time? Could be a good couple days.
Morning of the 15th for Green it would be huge to land him but most believe it will be Oregon although I believe he does plan to visit for the Northwestern game so maybe Kill and staff try to put one last full court press on him.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

per Sid:

• Eden Prairie running back Will Rains, who transferred to the Eagles from Eastview, recently scored five touchdowns in a 41-14 victory over Osseo. The senior running back told GopherHole.com he has heard from Kill’s staff. “In the past they were saying that I am a good player and I am pretty high on the recruiting list for running back and I just have to keep it up,” Rains said. “They send me a lot of mail and game invites. They talked to me a little bit about running back and the school.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/278609041.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Apparently the commitment was made Tuesday night and will go public tomorrow night. Burns said it came out of left field so I have no idea who it might be.

I thought that might be the case when Kill mentioned it on his radio show hoping it is Willie Sykes. He also mentioned they kinda anticipate another one soon my guess for that would be Alonzo Craighton with his announcement coming on the 18th.

If it came out of left field, I doubt it's any of the guys mentioned in the last couple posts. Also, any/all of those guys might turn out to be fantastic college football players, but none of them would move the needle from a recruiting standpoint. I'm hoping against hope that it's more along the lines of a Carlberg or Green.

Seth is set to announce next week, doesn't make much sense that he'd let it out this soon.

My first thoughts were Green and Carlberg-has Kill himself ever broken news about a commitment before?

Out of left field is interesting. Could it be Kelly? He has been talked about a great deal but didn't seem close to making a choice.

My first thoughts were Green and Carlberg-has Kill himself ever broken news about a commitment before?

Wouldn't be a great idea, because it would be a recruiting violation. Kill can't mention any recruits by name until they've signed somewhere.

Sort of meant the news that we had a commitment when none of the pros on that beat had any idea. Seems to me that is the exact situation which has just occurred.

Sort of meant the news that we had a commitment when none of the pros on that beat had any idea. Seems to me that is the exact situation which has just occurred.

Ok yeah, that's different. I don't know if Kill himself has ever done that. The coaches always tweet when someone commits, but that's not the same as Kill verbally confirming it.

If it was someone that moves the needle in a big way I have a feeling Burns would be going nuts on twitter right now without giving it away. To be honest, when I hear "out of left field" I think of an under-the-radar type guy like Lingen was last year.

^ True, it does seem that a "needle moving" commit is usually ground zero for "have you considered joining GI" tweets.

Ok yeah, that's different. I don't know if Kill himself has ever done that. The coaches always tweet when someone commits, but that's not the same as Kill verbally confirming it.

Well he just did it about an hour and a half ago. I was listening today when he said that we received a commitment since the Michigan game and will probably get one more very soon. Basically Kill's exact words.

If it was someone that moves the needle in a big way I have a feeling Burns would be going nuts on twitter right now without giving it away. To be honest, when I hear "out of left field" I think of an under-the-radar type guy like Lingen was last year.

+1. Hard to tell with the way Burns phrased his tweet, but I think he means "out of left field" as in someone who wasn't expected to announce quite yet - not necessarily a huge name.

According to 247 it's not Green, Carlberg, or Craighton.

Well he just did it about an hour and a half ago. I was listening today when he said that we received a commitment since the Michigan game and will probably get one more very soon. Basically Kill's exact words.

I meant "before today."

I know he's a 2016 guy and it's probably unlikely, but could it be JoJo Garcia? He's made a lot of comments about the Gophers in the past few months that seem kind of like a "silent verbal."

Any idea where the QB from Paynesville might end up? I'm thinking a St. Cloud type Div II, is that accurate?

Top Bottom