Official 2015 Gophers Football Signing Day Thread! Real-Time Updates, Tweets etc

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Signing day is finally here!! Wednesday the Gophers football program will welcome a great new group. This thread will have real time updates, tweets, links, analysis and much more. It will be a fun day with TONS of updates!! Ski-U-Mah to the coaches and staff who have worked tirelessly to put together a great class and welcome to the new Gophers who are adding a ton of new "bricks" to the program!

WOOT! WOOT!! IT'S SIGNING DAY!!!

GO GOPHERS!!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per PiPress:

Croft's enthusiasm for the Gophers increased after his official visit in November, when he saw the Gophers hang tough in a 31-24 loss to eventual national champion Ohio State.

That's about when the text messages started to bond committed recruits in Minnesota, Illinois, Alabama, Louisiana, Kansas and beyond.

"We're pretty excited," Croft said.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...-excited-recruiting-class-already-bonding-via

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

Former Gophers center Ray Hitchcock worked last year during the offseason with Nick Connelly and Bronson Dovich, high school linemen from Red Wing and Chaska high schools expected to sign with the Gophers on Wednesday. “Those guys are players,” Hitchcock said. “They are really wide-frame players.”

Connelly is listed at 6-7, 277 and Dovich at 6-5, 295, according to Gopherillustrated.com. Hitchcock said Connelly moves well and could be a defensive end in college. Dovich might increase his weight to 320 and likely be an offensive tackle.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

What time does NSD start? 6:00 AM CST?

Bleed, I hope you're supply of coffee is deep! Appreciate your tireless work.

BTN tweeted this out today:

Go Gophers!!

Bleed, you drink coffee. 19 and I will :drink::drink::drink:

Obligatory post about using fax machines in 2015. Come on America.

Oops, I guess the GopherHole twitter beat me to it. Make this the obligatory 2nd post.

Go Gophers!!

BTN tweeted this out today:

Go Gophers!!

I wasn't terribly excited at the time (he signed late and wasn't a big name). But he turned into one of my all-time favorite Gophers. So glad he ended up here.

I love the little highlight packages that the staff rolls out for this. 4 or 5 plays and a little commentary - a perfect intro for the masses

Hopefully they'll do this again this year

Go Gophers!!

STrib: Gophers' QB recruit Croft has 'five-star potential'

The Gophers have high hopes for Croft, the lone quarterback in the recruiting class expected to sign Wednesday, on National Signing Day. He’s rated as the nation’s 17th-best dual-threat quarterback recruit by 247Sports.com.

He gave Minnesota a verbal commitment last June and stuck with it, even after drawing interest from Penn State and Michigan State. As quarterback recruits go, Croft is a relative late bloomer. He didn’t make his first varsity start at QB until the third game of his junior season.

“He could be the guy that could lead [Minnesota] to a Big Ten championship someday,” said Tom Lemming, a recruiting analyst for CBS Sports Network. “He’s a four-star quarterback with five-star potential. He’s got height, he’s got arm strength, he’s got running ability.

“He definitely could benefit from a redshirt year, and then I think they could turn him loose in two, three years.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/290738641.html

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No conditioning tomorrow, Wednesday 2/04.

Go celebrate Demry's signing with Minnesota!!</p>— Joe Blume (@CoachJoeBlume) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachJoeBlume/status/562756230268334081">February 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom