Official 2014 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

maybe it's just me but if i was a recruit and some program offered me now it'd be more of a feeling of what took you so damn long.

North Carolina wouldn't be a player in Ragnow's decision regardless of at what time they offered him

North Carolina wouldn't be a player in Ragnow's decision regardless of at what time they offered him

i'm aware of that but i mean it's just weird that you'd even waste the time of offering at this point for them. and the statement was just in general

i'm aware of that but i mean it's just weird that you'd even waste the time of offering at this point for them. and the statement was just in general

Not saying it is the case here but keep in mind that just because a school has not offered a kid or makes the offer late in the process, it does not mean they have not been in contact with him for a while.

I believe if Ragnow commits to the Gophs that Jones will stay. Holland comes if Ragnow and Jones are part of the class.

Ragnow is the key.

My $.02

Yet the conversation you are responding to is about Holland...
What does it say above your quote? That is what I was responding to! I don't think what Ragnow does has much influence on what Jones does!

Becky offered Melvin Holland after an in-home visit last night. I like our chances with him a lot less than I did yesterday.

Becky offered Melvin Holland after an in-home visit last night. I like our chances with him a lot less than I did yesterday.

Why? Just because it's Wisconsin? I really think that we need to get out of this mind set. Unless he has ties to Wisconsin than I firmly believe we can compete with the Skunks.

I think Wisconsin has some catching up to do. It sure seems like Melvin Jr. and Melvin Sr. both like Minnesota a lot. Plus, our WR position is wide open right now. Wisconsin has 3 WR commits already.

Both Ragnow and Holland may end up deciding between Wisconsin and Minnesota, it'd be huge for the program if we get both.

I think Wisconsin has some catching up to do. It sure seems like Melvin Jr. and Melvin Sr. both like Minnesota a lot. Plus, our WR position is wide open right now. Wisconsin has 3 WR commits already.

Both Ragnow and Holland may end up deciding between Wisconsin and Minnesota, it'd be huge for the program if we get both.

That! and the fact that we have ZERO WR Commits at the moment.

Either would be huge.
I can't imagine how frustrating it would be if Ragnow picked wisky.
IMO there's simply not a difference between them and us for an O lineman or runningback. It's possible our offense features the smashmouth run even more than them now.
I'm interested to see whether the things the recruits have said are important to them actually matter in the end. Ragnow had concerns with Kill's ability to win, well our trajectory is pointed up at the moment. Andersen hasn't proven much of anything there yet, even if the program has been consistently above .500 for a while.

Jones has said coach relationships matter, well he's been in contact with Kill and Co. for 3 years, Michigan for a month, Florida for a month.

For Holland, he's going to want to prove he's a big time talent according to some of the LSU steam. No better place than here where he would walk into the middle of the depth chart and be counted on to produce from fall camp on.

ur comparing madison to the twin cities?! hahahahahahahahah

Easy diehard. I think BadgerBob is talking about college football life. Campus town, nice school, good parties, great facilities, stadium... Big Ten Championships.

I don't think the U can go toe to toe with Becky just yet. Fogo de Chao isn't that great.

Easy diehard. I think BadgerBob is talking about college football life. Campus town, nice school, good parties, great facilities, stadium... Big Ten Championships.

I don't think the U can go toe to toe with Becky just yet. Fogo de Chao isn't that great.

Hopefully he doesn't notice the NDSU banners and decide to go there!

Depends on the scenario (good example in this case is that they have 3 WR recruits committed we have none/early playing time etc.).

Just to preface, I went to school of a year at UW prior to transferring to the U. Apart from where the programs are at Wisconsin should have ZERO advantage with out state recruits on the U. The reason I left was because there was literally nothing to do besides party. MPLS has so much to offer! From all of the professional sporting events, concerts, outdoor life, MOA, restaurants, Valley Fair etc. to the different lifestyles i.e uptown, downtown. dinkytown etc.

There is literally no difference in the weather and the education you receive at either school is wonderful. However, going to the U opens up a ton of doors because of all the fortune 1000 companies that are headquartered here. So IMO, the only advantages that they have are on the field success (recent) and fan following (recent). I don't want any Badger fans saying that they were packing Camp Randall when they were terrible, cus that just wasn't happening!

Depends on the scenario (good example in this case is that they have 3 WR recruits committed we have none/early playing time etc.).

Just to preface, I went to school of a year at UW prior to transferring to the U. Apart from where the programs are at Wisconsin should have ZERO advantage with out state recruits on the U. The reason I left was because there was literally nothing to do besides party. MPLS has so much to offer! From all of the professional sporting events, concerts, outdoor life, MOA, restaurants, Valley Fair etc. to the different lifestyles i.e uptown, downtown. dinkytown etc.

There is literally no difference in the weather and the education you receive at either school is wonderful. However, going to the U opens up a ton of doors because of all the fortune 1000 companies that are headquartered here. So IMO, the only advantages that they have are on the field success (recent) and fan following (recent). I don't want any Badger fans saying that they were packing Camp Randall when they were terrible, cus that just wasn't happening!

Sort of. Madison and Minneapolis get the same weather except it is almost always warmer in Madison, usually around 5 degrees or so. That can make a pretty big difference in late fall/early winter and late winter/early spring. It isn't unusual for Minnesota to get covered in snow while Madison just gets some rain showers. It actually happened last fall a couple of times. Every time I think the weather is unbearable in Madison I look up the twin cities' weather and feel a little bit better.

Sort of. Madison and Minneapolis get the same weather except it is almost always warmer in Madison, usually around 5 degrees or so. That can make a pretty big difference in late fall/early winter and late winter/early spring. It isn't unusual for Minnesota to get covered in snow while Madison just gets some rain showers. It actually happened last fall a couple of times. Every time I think the weather is unbearable in Madison I look up the twin cities' weather and feel a little bit better.

It works the other way also. There are many times when Iowa City and Madison are getting a foot of snow and the Twin Cities get nothing.

Hopefully Holland is the one time being the first major program to offer a late-budding prospect who then gets bombarded with additional offers actually pays off for us (Estime, Andrews, the kid that visited with Andrews, etc, etc.)

Does the kid from Roseville get a scollie?

I think he's visiting last or this weekend.

Coincidentally, Jacques Perra from Roseville is visiting this weekend. Another kid from Benilde-St. Margaret, Keaton Srudsrud is visiting the Gophers on January 31st. This is per 247 Sports.

Domonique Harris, QB, Northwest Mississippi CC. 6'5", 220lbs. top available Juco dual threat QB.

As far as possible QB targets, I'll suggest the name Michael Brewer. He's transferring from Texas Tech and will be eligible to play next year. While I don't know much about him, he was rated the #13 dual-threat QB by rivals out of high school, had a pretty impressive offer list, and judging from his highlight film is a pretty good athlete. Does anyone know much about him? He could at least provide some depth.

As far as possible QB targets, I'll suggest the name Michael Brewer. He's transferring from Texas Tech and will be eligible to play next year. While I don't know much about him, he was rated the #13 dual-threat QB by rivals out of high school, had a pretty impressive offer list, and judging from his highlight film is a pretty good athlete. Does anyone know much about him? He could at least provide some depth.

i would love if we picked up Brewer. If anything it drives competition. Looking at his numbers, not much to go on from college but his HS numbers are pretty dang impressive. 2805 yds and 26 TDs with 743 rush yds as a senior despite missing time. 4437 yds and 41 TDs with 593 rush yds as a junior. Only lost one game as a starter in HS. has the bloodlines as his dad, uncle, and grandfather all played QB at Texas. Only issue I see is his health as he has some back troubles. Well that and actually getting him to set foot on this campus lol.

Top Bottom