Official 2014 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Didn't Gray end up running mid/high 4.5s with a 100% ankle?

To compare, Collin Klein ran a 4.78 at the NFL Draft Combine this year. Nelson would be around Klein's time or a little slower, right? I didn't watch Kansas State too much last year.

Gophers could add a 2nd RB commitment

Minnesota has signed 13 recruits from the state of Florida during the three classes head coach Jerry Kill orchestrated. The Gophers have three verbal commitments to the current class. None of them are from the Sunshine State. But, a running back from the area is now considering the Gophers.

Minnesota reportedly offered D'Earnest Johnson (Immokalee, Fla./Immokalee) last week, and the Gophers are now a strong possibility for the running back.

"Yeah I'm interested, I really like the type of offense they run," Johnson told Ryan Burns of GopherIllustrated.com. "The only other thing I know about Minnesota is that my fellow running back last year Jacky Marcellus took an official visit up there and really enjoyed it. I don't know that much about them, but I'm looking forward to knowing a lot about the school and their football program."

Minnesota already has a running back pledge to the program in Jeff Jones, but the Gophers are prepared to take a couple in this class.

Johnson has offers from Florida, Georgia, Louisville and Ole Miss. He already plans on taking four official visits.

"Every school that has offered me is standing out right now," Johnson said. "I plan on taking official visits to Minnesota, Louisville, North Carolina and Tennessee because they're out of state schools and they've been recruiting me pretty hard."

4 star recruit according to Rivals.
He apparently was pretty impressive in the Rival Camp Series, I wonder if Florida starts re-recruiting him.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1504922

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-D'Ernest-Johnson-133859

Tweet from Frank Ragnow:

@knarfwongar: Offer from the University of California Bears #blessed

Go Gophers!!

@_moneylane: Indiana , Western Kentucky , & Minnesota offered

Go Gophers!!

@_moneylane: Indiana , Western Kentucky , & Minnesota offered

Go Gophers!!

Why the %^*& would WESTERN KENTUCKY offer? Do they really think they can pull this kid in over Bama, Florida etc.?

I'm sure others say the same about the Gophers. But I got my maroon and gold tinted shades on. And man, they are opaque.

Therien Cockran came out of Homestead so there might be a slim chance. I do know there would be no chance if we didn't offer.

Yeah, we probably won't get him but there's no harm in offering. You can't be scared to ask the pretty girl to the dance...

Petrino is not selling WKU to offensive recruits he is selling Bobby Petrino. Additionally, when you see lower tiered schools offering, it sometimes is because they want to be there if it turns out that there is a grade issue and the player does not want to go Juco.

@jeffgreer: Visitors today for Village '14 WR Tre'Quan Smith and DE Kevin Bronson: #FAU #WKU #Arkansas #Gophers #Canes #USU

Go Gophers!!

@blakehance44: Just got an offer from Minnesota!

Go Gophers!!

Lakeville North DE/OLB Greg Menard (6'2 220) picked up his 6 D1 offer from Illinois State. Other offers are FBS from Army and FCS from NDSU, Montana, SDSU, and South Dakota. Would be leading candidate for a BCS offer following Jones, Ragnow, Stelter, Hassenauer, and Travis.

@jeffgreer: #Jacksonville #Albany #FAMU #Gophers stopped by Palm Beach Central today.

Go Gophers!!

@D_Mckinzy1: Hey gopher fans follow your Minnesota Commit #goldengopher!

Go Gophers!!

@jshankerespn: Ohio OT Brady Taylor offered by #Gophers today

Go Gophers!!

Northwestern is kicking the Gopher's ass in the recruiting game this year. Clayton Thorson, Justin Jackson, Dareian Watkins and now Blake Hance have picked NU over the Gophers. 10 recruits including 3 - 4 stars are heading to Evanston so far.

Northwestern is kicking the Gopher's ass in the recruiting game this year. Clayton Thorson, Justin Jackson, Dareian Watkins and now Blake Hance have picked NU over the Gophers. 10 recruits including 3 - 4 stars are heading to Evanston so far.

Those crazy brainiacs. Rose Bowl Bound!! Am I right??

actually according to Scout

they are ranked 40 & 41 if you go based off of avg * per recruit. Northwestern looks good right now cause they have 10 commits and Mn has 3 which is 3 more than Indiana has. avg * rankings is the only way to compare recruits team vs. team on recruiting sites. Wisconsin is putting together a nice class as to expected with a strong Wisconsin high school class in 2014.

Let's see. NU finished 10-3. The were ahead of Penn St, Nebraska and Mich in the 4th quarter. Michigan completed a fluke Hail Mary with 40 seconds to play forcing an OT and 3 Wildcats could not catch a deflected 4th quarter pass for an interception which would have ended any Nebraska chance to win. They lost virtually nothing to graduation and have a bunch of highly rated redshirts including 4 star DE Odenigbo ready to contribute. They blew an opportunity last year with Ohio St being ineligible but could finish 3rd behind OSU and Mich this year. 247 Sports has their 2014 class rated 13th in the country as of today.

actually according to 247 sports

Northwestern is 31 in avg ratings per commit and MN is 35, it's too early to base off of total points you need to go by avg */rating until signing day. I'm sure NW had a wonderful year but this is how you compare the recruiting sites, not total points in May.

Let's see. NU finished 10-3. The were ahead of Penn St, Nebraska and Mich in the 4th quarter. Michigan completed a fluke Hail Mary with 40 seconds to play forcing an OT and 3 Wildcats could not catch a deflected 4th quarter pass for an interception which would have ended any Nebraska chance to win. They lost virtually nothing to graduation and have a bunch of highly rated redshirts including 4 star DE Odenigbo ready to contribute. They blew an opportunity last year with Ohio St being ineligible but could finish 3rd behind OSU and Mich this year. 247 Sports has their 2014 class rated 13th in the country as of today.

What's your point?

True but with only 2 solid recruits and 1 soft recruit(Jones), the Gopher's average means little. NU will sign about 15 recruits this year and they are 2/3s there. I hope the Gophers pick up some top tier players. But at this point that is not the impression I am getting. My point was every time I see a top recruit featured on Gopherillustrated he ends up signing with NU.

Top Bottom