Official 2012 Gopher Spring Camp Thread: Updates, Analysis, Links, etc.

At the 0:52 mark of this video we see a loafer jersey. RB position. Cobb maybe? Looks too small to be Kirkland. Anyway, this is the 2nd best time of the year. Only thing better is the season opener. Signing day doesn't even compare.

It was Devron Wright. Malcom Moulton was also in a MN loafer t-shirt. There was one more player wearing a loafer t-shirt but I don't remember who it was.

the program says no posting of comments about specific players, injuries etc. (Otherwise, they will close practice)

I like the use of the new uniform font in everything, including the opening credits for the video. It's all about branding...

It appears that the Gophers looked more ready at the first practice of this year than they did at the first practice of last year. Looks like a good sign.

the program says no posting of comments about specific players, injuries etc. (Otherwise, they will close practice)

I think that is more for specifics on Offense and Defense, strategies, etc. Newspapers print participants and how players look all the time.

I think that is more for specifics on Offense and Defense, strategies, etc. Newspapers print participants and how players look all the time.

...and they have a press pass issued by the school. If they write something that they say they agree that they will not, they get their credentials pulled. If a GHer posts something that they shouldn't, we all get our "credentials" pulled.

It also means specific player comments, especially on abilities. It's OK to say that "Shabazz looks smaller than I thought," but not "Shabazz has trouble covering players on his left". Leave that one to the scouts and game film. Please.

BTW, the new jersey number assignments are out: Gopher Roster

...and they have a press pass issued by the school. If they write something that they say they agree that they will not, they get their credentials pulled. If a GHer posts something that they shouldn't, we all get our "credentials" pulled.

It also means specific player comments, especially on abilities. It's OK to say that "Shabazz looks smaller than I thought," but not "Shabazz has trouble covering players on his left". Leave that one to the scouts and game film. Please.

BTW, the new jersey number assignments are out: Gopher Roster
Thank you, I think you're right!

No kidding. Just got back from day 3 practice and he jumped out at me. He looked big, fast and quick.

From Coach Kills press conference he made mention of David Cobb and "He's up to 220 pounds and benches 330, squats 500, got 36 inch vertical, pro agility of 4."

Any other quick impressions (that don't violate the code of silence)?

Thanks,

You're asking the wrong guy. I can't analyze how specific groups play (line, Dbacks, etc). I spent half my time inside with my boys just throwing the football around. Then started a pickup game with about 4 other kids ages about 6 - 10 and were having a blast.

The two frosh QBs, Leidner and Nelson both look big, and college ready from a physical standpoint, but you could see that their decision making was much slower than Q or Max.

One of my sons was really interested in watching the WRs practice, and there are some big rangy guys on that squad. Didn't get to see Fruechte display his speed, but Crawford-Tufts was blazing on a couple of 7 on 7 plays.

Leidner is a big dude. Moulton seems to be more explosive out of breaks and off the line. Rallis is a for sure leader. He corrected mistakes from other players, was talkative, etc.

Leidner is a big dude. Moulton seems to be more explosive out of breaks and off the line. Rallis is a for sure leader. He corrected mistakes from other players, was talkative, etc.

MillerStrib Mike Rallis was calling all the signals again on D, and Tracy Claeys confirmed it: He's a MLB now, at least through spring ball. More speed.
51 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

A tweet from Phil Miller about an hour ago.

Top Bottom