Official 2011 Gopher Fall Camp Thread: Updates, Analysis, Links, etc.

Did Shortell really only have one offer (counting the Gophers)? That's hard to believe...

Shortell was a solid Gopher commit for a long time. He showed no interest whenever Michigan was talking to him. He would have had more offers had he not been so sold on Minnesota, IMO.

Embedding videos IS fun! Gophersports.com looks at the O-Line... Good stuff from Limegrover.

How do you become a letter winner? Record a stat? Play a in a certain number of games? I think we had to appear in 1/4 of th quarters of the season for my high school.

I believe the standard for lettering is still playing in a minimum of 100 plays during the season. That may have changed since my day though.

Just not overly accurate. Stoudermire and Carter "the only returning letter-winners" in the secondary? Must have forgotten about Vereen, Henderson, Lewis, Royston and anyone else I may have missed.

We also didn't win @ Iowa. But solid synopsis nonetheless.

I'm having the toughest time tracking down today's practice schedule that is open to the public. Anyone have it?

Question two, how do you embed videos, versus just copy & pasting web addresses?

A few tweets from Nate Sandell at 1500:

"Intense morning practice after long day yesterday. Kill spent much of the session expressing his displeasure w/ his QB's and WR's"

"Troy Stoudermire is back to full strength. Wynn, Barker, Campion, Filkins and Mitchell all still in orange-no-contact"

"Ed Cotton's move from FB to WR has been pretty seamless. He made several nice catches on out-routes today"

Go Gophers!!

In response to Donovan's questions:

"I'm having the toughest time tracking down today's practice schedule that is open to the public. Anyone have it?"

"Question two, how do you embed videos, versus just copy & pasting web addresses?"

My reply:

Link to practice schedule: http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080111aac.html

To insert video:
1. Click on either the new thread or reply button
2. Find little blue video strip icon in toolbar...it will say "insert video" when you hover on it
3. Click on icon & follow instructions from there

I haven't embedded a video here yet, but this looks like all you need to do. Good luck.

A few tweets from Nate Sandell at 1500:

"Intense morning practice after long day yesterday. Kill spent much of the session expressing his displeasure w/ his QB's and WR's"

Go Gophers!!

Gee I wonder why, new system, inexperienced quarterbacks, starter hasn't taken many snaps at all in the last few years, new routes, timing, to much thinking. One of the things you here about is continuity, that way you focus on the play and getting everything right, not just on what your assignment is on that play.

Sa tscrimmage

Nice crowd on a beautiful day. Really like the kicking game! Gray - a little strong on his early throws but it looks like he could run like crazy when it really counts. #27 a nice TD run... Troy S. looks like he could run back a few this year. Any other reactions today?

Here's a few Nate Sandell tweets (http://twitter.com/#!/nsandell) :

Nate Sandell
No. 2 QB Max Shortell was shaky at times, but rebounded from a rough start (int., fumble) to rattle off a string of solid plays #Gophers

Nate Sandell
True FR Crawford-Tufts with a few impressive catches. He's still raw, but don't see him getting redshirted #Gophers

Nate Sandell
Sizable improvement by the offense compared to Tuesday's scrimmage. Gray had much more control w/ his centers #Gophers

Foreman and Alipate (granted against reserves) threw very well. Foreman showed a lot of poise and can throw on the run. Crawford-Tufts plays effortlessly but impressively. Why was Rallis out? The defense has some very impressive goal line stands. Kicking game very solid. Orseske booted one punt that seemed to draw rain. Kill does not take any crap and appears to have total control of everything. He called out his coaches on a few occasions. Looks like Tommy Olsen will not be redshirted, nor will Shortell.

Heard Rallis might have had the flu. How did Beal look? M. Carter any better?

Theiren Cockran looked like he has a massive frame. If he can throw on some lbs. look out.

M Carter got burned in man coverage for a TD against the 2 offense. None of the QB's threw very well. Gray didn't have people open, and the others were inconsistent.

I thought Edwards looked solid. Cobb had the big run but definitely won't be a short yardage guy. He was running soft around the goal line. Nice to see stoudamire lock up McKnight all day, it's been a while since we had a shut down corner.

There were a few o line breakdowns. They pretty much looked like I thought they would, inexperienced and unpolished. Depending on how fast they progress I think they'll win 4-7 games.

Top Bottom