Reaction score
Burns is saying Simon and Greg Harbaugh as co-coordinators

Greg Harbaugh as the qb coach. .

Interesting.

Burns is saying Simon and Greg Harbaugh as co-coordinators

Greg Harbaugh as the qb coach. .

Interesting.
Would Simon call plays then?

Greg Harbaugh can be Simons assistant, I’m ok with that.

I personally want a guy with an air raid background but I know it won't happen
Mike Leach is not available. If AK can freely audible the passing game will be fine. Close to what we want to see.

So I’m assuming this means we will be hiring at least a new WR and/or TE coach???

I have no problem hiring a young up and coming assistant that is MN loyal and an internal hire. We know he will have a short leach, but if he can create as creative of a game plan as he did against Auburn, we will be fine. The concern should be will Fleck let him call the plays and game plan how he wants. My guess is we will open thinga up a bit, but will have to see what 2023 looks like before making any big judgements.

I like it, this is basically what I asked for. Thought they might go external for the QB coach, doesn’t look like Greg has coached the position, he is a former college QB and passing game coordinator though. This is great for the culture. You don’t have to commit for a long time if it doesn’t work out either.

Current WR and TE coaches becoming co-OCs. Hopefully that means some creativity in the passing department!

Current WR and TE coaches becoming co-OCs. Hopefully that means some creativity in the passing department!

Simon has been the co-offensive coordinator since 2020. This wouldn't change his position, and it's possible he still wouldn't be the primary offensive play caller. That may go to Harbaugh, if this is true.

This is absolutely 100% NOT how very successful organizations typically operate, and honestly a really, really stupid criteria to use during the hiring process for any critical position
Agree that Simon doesn't deserve the position for being loyal. But there were other reports that he was being groomed to take over the role at some point, so if that was the case then it makes sense to pull the trigger and give him the shot now.

You

You cut out the final sentence of my post to help make your point. What are you Fox News?

I assumed that part was just a joke, or some serious hyperbole. "... a future star in the coaching world"? For reals? Up to this point, I don't even know that one can make an argument that he's been better than below-average at his current job and now we're elevating him into stratospheric levels? WTF?

Has Greg Harbaugh had any experience with coaching/playing QB?

This is absolutely 100% NOT how very successful organizations typically operate, and honestly a really, really stupid criteria to use during the hiring process for any critical position
Many, many good organizations hire from within. It isn’t about loyalty. It is about demonstrated competence and continuity.

Any chance Fleck is waiting for the Pros to wrap up? Could he be looking for someone from those ranks to take one or more of the open positions?

I wonder if OP mixed up the roles?

Greg Harbaugh played WR in college. Here is his senior bio (and hilariously, the website has his roster photo upside down): https://averettcougars.com/sports/football/roster/greg-harbaugh/69

As mentioned by Bob, his gophersports bio does not show any coaching experience except for receivers and TEs:

Coaching Experience
2022-present: Minnesota - Tight Ends
2020-21: Western Michigan - Wide Receivers
2019: Minnesota - Quality Control
2018: Chattanooga - Wide Receivers
2017: Minnesota - Quality Control
2015-16: Western Michigan - Graduate Assistant
2013-14: Marietta College - Passing Game Coordinator / Recruiting Coordinator / Video Coordinator / Academic Coordinator
2011-12: Methodist University - Assistant Coach
2009-10: North Carolina Wesleyan College - Wide Receivers / Running Backs

So, I wonder if it's supposed to be that Simon will switch over to coaching QB's, and the defacto OC and primary play-caller (the former Kirk C role), and Harbaugh will take over coaching WR's (the former Simon role)?

In which case, I'm not sure why Harbaugh would warrent even being a co-OC? I would think Brian Callahan would warrant that moreso ...

Regardless, would need a new TE coach.

Many, many good organizations hire from within. It isn’t about loyalty. It is about demonstrated competence and continuity.

No doubt. But the post I responded to said Simon "deserves" it because he's been loyal. Ridiculous. Like super ridiculous.

Oh wait, I almost forgot. Because he's a nice guy too. That really moves the meter for me too.

No doubt. But the post I responded to said Simon "deserves" it because he's been loyal. Ridiculous. Like super ridiculous.

Oh wait, I almost forgot. Because he's a nice guy too. That really moves the meter for me too.
Boy, I bet you really suck as a boss. KC has a shitty general disposition and is not a good recruiter I believe Simon to be the opposite. Last I checked, that’s a good thing. He hasn’t had a lot of talent to work with in the WR room the past two years plus our QB has sucked — funny how the WRs looked a lot better when 8 took over and 22 went away. You have some bad, dumb takes.

Boy, I bet you really suck as a boss. KC has a shitty general disposition and is not a good recruiter I believe Simon to be the opposite. Last I checked, that’s a good thing. He hasn’t had a lot of talent to work with in the WR room the past two years plus our QB has sucked — funny how the WRs looked a lot better when 8 took over and 22 went away. You have some bad, dumb takes.

He’s a good recruiter but hasn’t had a lot of talent to work with at the position he recruits??

Ok then…

Top Bottom