Norwood Teague resigns amind sexual harassment allegations

How about we take the 70 million and do football/basketball facilities and the track programs can stick with their 'condemned' facility?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Myron Medcalf ‏@MedcalfByESPN 17m17 minutes ago
Here at the University of Minnesota press conference. Time for U officials to answer some tough questions. Again.
Can't imagine how excited he is to be covering this?

This situation actually seems very straightforward. Isn't the "tough questions" angle usually used when there is an implied coverup, or the President was in on it, etc... What a twat. What exactly are the tough questions?

I could be wrong but from my limited knowledge I do believe that Goetz understands the value of revenue sports. I'm not sold that she is all for women's and non rev sports and wants to level the playing field and spending etc. I don't think she was in the Borton camp but as I said before, I very well could be wrong.
She certainly reinforced Norwood's statements on everything related to Title IX. She explained differences in scholarships and recruiting expenses as being due to NCAA rules not sexism as the U.

Last time everyone was looking forward to Jim Fiore, maybe we can get him?

Oh wait...fired for sexual harassment

I could be wrong but from my limited knowledge I do believe that Goetz understands the value of revenue sports. I'm not sold that she is all for women's and non rev sports and wants to level the playing field and spending etc. I don't think she was in the Borton camp but as I said before, I very well could be wrong.

Hopefully she does understand the supreme value of revenue sports (i..e. football and men's basketball and in a few places hockey) and perhaps she does, but my intuition says her heart likely sits elsewhere based on this bio of past roles that i pulled from a Minneapolis Tribune article this morning. Imo, she is not a candidate I would focus on. The person's heart and soul needs to be in line with the health of football, basketball and to a lesser degree hockey (in places like Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Ohio State).

"While at Butler, Goetz served as the sport administrator for softball, volleyball and the men's and women's soccer programs. She previously supervised the men's and women's cross country and track and field programs. Goetz had spent 12 years at the University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL) prior to her time at Butler. She was an assistant athletic director and senior woman administrator for her final eight years and was the women's soccer team head coach for 11 years."

Teague is moving on to Florida State where he fits in

Hopefully she does understand the supreme value of revenue sports (i..e. football and men's basketball and in a few places hockey) and perhaps she does, but my intuition says her heart likely sits elsewhere based on this bio of past roles that i pulled from a Minneapolis Tribune article this morning. Imo, she is not a candidate I would focus on. The person's heart and soul needs to be in line with the health of football, basketball and to a lesser degree hockey (in places like Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Ohio State).

"While at Butler, Goetz served as the sport administrator for softball, volleyball and the men's and women's soccer programs. She previously supervised the men's and women's cross country and track and field programs. Goetz had spent 12 years at the University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL) prior to her time at Butler. She was an assistant athletic director and senior woman administrator for her final eight years and was the women's soccer team head coach for 11 years."

One opinion, but she oversees all sports. If she gets the gig and just hires a deputy for Football, Basketball, Hockey, we will be fine.

"Goetz has played an integral role as one of the department’s senior administrators and serves as a top executive in overseeing the department’s 25 sports, more than 300 staff members, 725 student-athletes and annual budget of more than $100 million. She assists with the overall department planning and assessment and manages day-to-day athletic operations. "

It's on Channel 4, WCCO radio and 1500ESPN too. Sid is on WCCO radio at 2:00.

Channel 4 is breaking away now.

"Our donors were giving to an Athletic Village" not to Mr.Teague.

and that twat myron medcalf chimes in first with a snarky comment. dude is such a prick. kaler basically just dismissed him and moved onto the next question.

for those on the goetz bandwagon feel free to start a public campaign in support of her. it is going to be a mighty small bangwagon. just saying.

Isn't PC to refer to the size of a woman's bangwagon. Typos like that are how people get fired. :)

That jackass Medcalf trying sooooo hard lol. Remove him from the room

Kaler to said reporter "I'm not going to go into details". Must have had to say that 3-4 times.

Heard the two women were not athletic dept employees.

Details! What did he say/do?

President Kaler actually did a great job at the press conference, imo. A few certain media personalities (medcalf, tom lyden from fox 9) were trying to be very hard ass and get him to go down various roads and lines of questioning and I thought he did a great job essentially pushing them aside and handled them quite well. Imo, he did a good job landing the take-away message that this is an incident concerning an individual and is not at all reflective of the AD department, which i completely agree with. Trying to falsely turn it into some AD department wide thing is the absolutely ridiculous angle that twats like medcalf and tom lyden were trying to get the press conference to go in and what they wanted to turn it into.

Huh? I have literally never heard this said or reported anywhere.

I had heard this in an offhand comment from someone I do not know, who is a booster for the program (confirmed). Never repeated it for the reasons you say and having no relationship with the donor not knowing what issues he may have with the Teague or Kill, but my first thought when seeing this was, well if there was anything to the comment shared with me (I was wearing a gopher shirt in a barber shop and he struck up a conversation with me) then this may not be a bad thing.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Kaler to said reporter "I'm not going to go into details". Must have had to say that 3-4 times.

That was Tom Lyden of Fox 9. Guy thinks he is some whiz investigative reporter. Imo, Lyden also seems to have a lot of personal agendas towards certain new topics.....for various....but somewhat obvious (if you Google his personal bio) reasons. I know some on this board are going to try to take me to task for that remark about Lyden, but I personally believe it to be true in his reporting approach.

Top Bottom