Non Gophers in the Portal

Did you see the QB1 series? He reminded me a lot of Tate Martell but a worse teammate.

But you're right, I don't think he's like a terrible person, just spoiled rotten and an out of control ego.

The issue at Oklahoma is likely the best thing to ever happen to him.
Purely meant as a player. As a person or ego guy, I know nothing of him

Interesting. There haven’t been a lot of p5 transfers “up” but presumably he’s interested in joining a contender? Maybe aTm since he’s from College Station? Why not just go pro?

Life is not happy at the Grahams
No, it isn’t. While they officially backed out of the Hawaii Bowl due to “COVID related issues”, according to reports there were some tweets by players regarding issues with Graham and how he treats his players. If the reports I heard are true, Graham has lost most of that locker room and I’m a little surprised he hasn’t been let go. Graham’s son is the 14th player for Hawaii to enter the portal. I don’t know what his buyout or contract status is but I know that program has financial issues. Really hate to see it too. I’ve always had a soft spot for Hawaii and pulled for them. I loved their program under Wagner back in the 80’s when they ran the triple option in the old WAC. They were great back then and then good again with June Jones. Hate to see that program where it is now.

Last edited:

Crystal Ball for Texas QB going to Nebraska

Too lazy to look it up. Does anyone have the final info from last year in terms of the number of players that went in the portal and the number that didn't end up finding a new home?

Grass isn't always greener, hopefully players take a good hard look at things before jumping into the portal and assuming someone will be waiting to take them in.

Too lazy to look it up. Does anyone have the final info from last year in terms of the number of players that went in the portal and the number that didn't end up finding a new home?

Grass isn't always greener, hopefully players take a good hard look at things before jumping into the portal and assuming someone will be waiting to take them in.
With the portal in place, it's hard to see P5 programs having more than 3-4 QB's on a roster. Scholarships are valuable and need to be balanced across so many positions.

I don't have the info from last year but here is some brand new information from Rivals about this year:

*965 FBS scholarship players have entered since 8/1 *35 players withdrew *280 players announced new schools *30.1% of portal players have announced new schools *650 FBS scholarship players remain in the portal

It’s interesting.
Remember Abner Dubar. It looks like he transferred out of the program in May of 2021 and did not play anywhere in 2021. He is still looking for a landing place.

Reason I noticed is he commented on Ky Thomas’ tweet.

Last edited:

Is it legal for universities to middle man NIL opportunities for their athletes?

honestly don’t know the rules

in any case

I think that this is an upgrade for them.

I seem to recall some Gopher speculation on this guy.

FSU got Jared Verse too.

It’s interesting.
Remember Abner Dubar. It looks like he transferred out of the program in May of 2021 and did not play anywhere in 2021. He is still looking for a landing place.

Reason I noticed is he commented on Ky Thomas’ tweet.
I think someone reported he landed at Abilene Christian recently after being in the portal all year.

Arizona State wr Junior Alexander entered the portal. I believe we were in the running for him out of high school just a year ago.

Top Bottom