Non Gophers in the Portal

They were chanting "We want Caleb!" in the Kohl Center yesterday. Take that!

Sounds like LSU has become a major player here specifically because of NIL. Honestly, I don't think Caleb knows half the time. Sounds like his dad is calling the shots. I also came across a post (in the Washington Post I believe) by some sour OU fans about his dads major financial mishaps in the early 2010's. This might be more of a money grab for his dad, if those rumors are true.

The Wisconsin thing didnt ever really make sense, but who the hell would seriously want to play for Brian Kelly? He got a kid killed and acted like it wasn't even remotely his fault.

Sounds like LSU has become a major player here specifically because of NIL. Honestly, I don't think Caleb knows half the time. Sounds like his dad is calling the shots. I also came across a post (in the Washington Post I believe) by some sour OU fans about his dads major financial mishaps in the early 2010's. This might be more of a money grab for his dad, if those rumors are true.

The Wisconsin thing didnt ever really make sense, but who the hell would seriously want to play for Brian Kelly? He got a kid killed and acted like it wasn't even remotely his fault.
Haven't followed the situation all that closely but in the little I have seen it definitely feels like Dad is calling the shots and I would not be shocked one bit if he is looking for the biggest payday first and best spot for the kid second.

I'm not a big fan of Kelly but he has won everywhere he has gone. Despite the coaching change, they are 18th in the country in recruiting and have picked up 12 transfers. A lot of kids want to play for Kelly at a helmet school.

I'm not a big fan of Kelly but he has won everywhere he has gone. Despite the coaching change, they are 18th in the country in recruiting and have picked up 12 transfers. A lot of kids want to play for Kelly at a helmet school.
That latest video of him dancing with one of his players with rap music in the background is one of the most cringe-worthy things i have ever seen........

Haven't followed the situation all that closely but in the little I have seen it definitely feels like Dad is calling the shots and I would not be shocked one bit if he is looking for the biggest payday first and best spot for the kid second.
I believe that an Eastern Michigan booster (former star QB ) offered Caleb a one-year NIL contract for $1.0 Million to attend Eastern Michigan. If it's about money, maybe he or his dad have to think about that ...

I believe that an Eastern Michigan booster (former star QB ) offered Caleb a one-year NIL contract for $1.0 Million to attend Eastern Michigan. If it's about money, maybe he or his dad have to think about that ...
I don't know if I would call Charlie Batch a star QB, but he was around the league for a long time and definitely contributed.

Fourth highest drafted EMU player all time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Eastern_Michigan_Eagles_in_the_NFL_draft

Seemed the logical thing, as soon as Riley went there.

Will assume it was all to get more NIL out of USC boosters and backing companies.

USC.....what a shocker.....

I do kind of wonder how golden boy Mertz feels about the school actively courting someone else to play QB for them like that. Has to be a blow to his ego, and after he spent all that time modifying the transformers logo to contain his initials....

Seemed the logical thing, as soon as Riley went there.

Will assume it was all to get more NIL out of USC boosters and backing companies.
You mean you don't think he is going to USC because of the education and the prep he will get for the NFL.... :)

Dad must have finally gotten the offer he was looking for from USC in order to end the fake drama.

Have to say I just let out a big sigh of relief. As long as it was possible for Wisconsin to get that caliber of QB it was going to be a very unpleasant thought. Now they can return to Golden Graham and we can return to beating their asses.

Imagine the perfect storm it took for UW to be considered and they still didn't close the deal. Sounds like a typical Paul Chryst run team.

USC.....what a shocker.....

I do kind of wonder how golden boy Mertz feels about the school actively courting someone else to play QB for them like that. Has to be a blow to his ego, and after he spent all that time modifying the transformers logo to contain his initials....

If Caleb Williams goes to Wisconsin were in trouble. I dont know who they will have returning on defense but Caleb & that RB with a decent line will be nasty. I hope he is just using UW as leverage against USC to get a sweeter deal.
If Caleb Williams had gone to wisconsin we are not in trouble. They lost two games with russel Wilson.

Wisconsin will always be hard to beat. They’ll never be impossible to beat.
Russel Wilson > Caleb Williams
Heck Scott tolzien might be better that Caleb Williams in that system.

and for those saying they would’ve changed the system….PERFECT LOVE IT
If Caleb Williams had caused wisconsin to change their system I wish they had gotten him.

I seriously don't think he (Williams) is that good. Watching him splash the first couple of games he played when suddenly he was a Heisman hopeful, he threw several Hail Mary passes that OU's stud wide receivers pulled in. Watched him against Kansas and he was God-awful. I'll be surprised if he becomes a stud at USC.....

He could’ve gotten a Kohler toilet endorsement….
Or is that a different company
If you're referencing the Kohl center it's the founder of the Kohl's department store. He was also a state senator AND former owner of the Bucks. They could have given Caleb a ton of Kohl's cash and maybe he wouldn't have realized he was paying full price anyway, kind of like my wife.

If you're referencing the Kohl center it's the founder of the Kohl's department store. He was also a state senator AND former owner of the Bucks. They could have given Caleb a ton of Kohl's cash and maybe he wouldn't have realized he was paying full price anyway, kind of like my wife.
Full price? But everything is always on sale at Kohl's.....

I interviewed Herb Kohl a few times when I was working at radio stations in Wisconsin. a very low-key person. certainly did not put on airs like a "rich guy."

The Kohl family sold controlling interest in the Kohl's department store and grocery store chain a few years ago to a British-based company.

BTW, I have purchased a few items at Kohl's in Mankato. I would put it as slightly more up-scale than Target.

Damn it

I seriously don't think he (Williams) is that good. Watching him splash the first couple of games he played when suddenly he was a Heisman hopeful, he threw several Hail Mary passes that OU's stud wide receivers pulled in. Watched him against Kansas and he was God-awful. I'll be surprised if he becomes a stud at USC.....
Williams immediately makes USC a top ten team.

Top Bottom