News on Shaka Smart

OK, I just had to check in with my sources. Here is what I'm hearing from a family member that works as a custodial engineer at the U. He's been hanging around the AD's office all day. Apparently things are so crazy there right now they haven't noticed he has waxed the hallway floor 2 times today.

Shaka was really impressed with the Spike Lee offer from VCU. I mean just look at that picture, how could it not be obvious to everyone? When the U came back with the Cohen Bros. he was not that impressed. Shaka has a refined sense of humor and wasn't really down with Big Lebowski. Now, meeting Rick Flair gave Shaka some pause. We all know he is a HUGE wresting fan. Still though he couldn't get past Spike Lee. Teague has had to pull out all the stops. Last time my uncle walked past Teague's office he was on the phone with Garrison Keillor. They're trying to slot Shaka into A Prairie Home Companion sometime this spring. Could possibly be two episodes. Ball is in Shaka's court now!

Temper Temper.jpg

VCU Athletic Director just got the call....he's coming, baby! (Dammit....my GIF isn't moving!)

The gang from Virginia Shaka ,Ellis and Norwood are still trying to get the local Hair Club for Men to throw in free lifetime membership before The deal can close

I didn't look. After reading everything on this thread, no way. I'll be one of those who dismisses the actual truth when it finally gets posts, too, though, so it evens out, lol.

This is the greatest thread GopherHole has ever put together. We have 3 books, at least, coming out of this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/theDudeofWV

Who is this Dude guy with almost 5,000 followers who says he has a source telling him Minnesota is going after Smart 1st and then Anthony?

Do you guys know who this is, is he legit?

The Dude of WV @theDudeofWV 30m
@ping_zing I would guess, and its just a guess, a B1G school has deeper pockets than VCU.

The Dude of WV The Dude of WV @theDudeofWV 40m
@MurrDCU I'm just passing it along. Paul B. is dialed into the Big 10. I don't know much about Smart or Anthony.

The Dude of WV The Dude of WV @theDudeofWV 43m
@JonathanKMartin I don't see. it. I don't know much about the Gophers but leaving Bama - where he must get free football tixs, is crazy

The Dude of WV The Dude of WV @theDudeofWV 46m
Paul Bunyan tells me the Gophers are going hard after VCU's Smart but Anthony Grant is plan B. Who is Anthony Grant

Update: Clit Commander's inside sources have him sweating a bit.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Anthony Grant better not be plan B. He better be plan D or E.

How much longer can this last? How long of a layover did we have between the Brewster firing and Kill hiring?

Jukka Toijala, head coach of the Joensuu of the Finnish pro-league has stated that he has no interest in the opening at Minnesota. This is the second time a U of M AD has approached a Finnish pro-league coach about a head coaching position. Ex-AD Joel Maturi was rumored to have offered the head football coaching slot to Jim Nendel, top man with the Porvoo Butchers.

How much longer can this last? How long of a layover did we have between the Brewster firing and Kill hiring?

Technically it'd be between the Horton firing and the Kill hiring. Kill was hired December 5, our season wrapped up November 27.

Anthony Grant better not be plan B. He better be plan D or E.

Really?

He is a pretty impressive candidate. He had a lot of success at VCU and has carried that into success at Alabama (at a football school). He is a world class recruiter and he can coach.

After Shaka, he's right there with Buzz Williams and Marshall for me.

A: Shaka
B1: Grant
B2: Marshall
B3: Williams
E: Enfield

Really?

He is a pretty impressive candidate. He had a lot of success at VCU and has carried that into success at Alabama (at a football school). He is a world class recruiter and he can coach.

After Shaka, he's right there with Buzz Williams and Marshall for me.

A: Shaka
B1: Grant
B2: Marshall
B3: Williams
E: Enfield

There must be a mistake. I didn't see Flip on that list.

Top Bottom