News on Shaka Smart

Update coming at the bottom of the hour.

depp.gif

How about this spring?

Tubby had to go, but don't pretend that the negative media fallout was by design. You really think that was all part of Norwood's plan? Regardless, Brad was the #1 target from the start.

I'd trust your thesis a bit more if you gave us a little more evidence than "Stevens is desirable," and "Butler has bad facilities."

It is shopped. I can tell by the common sense.

Common sense is only common to what you know...but thanks to everyone for filling me in on why it's not legit. The backpack thing didn't bother he's my age, I wear my computer bag/ backpack like that sometimes.

Hey, trust me... I'm looking at that picture like every 10 seconds trying to talk myself into it.... But I cannot.... just doesn't make sense.

On this thread, what the hell does? That's what makes this so good and fun. comment after comment after comment of pure unadulterated bull$hit.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just saw this on twitter.....can't tell if real or not...looks real to me but I'm no expert

Hey genuises, this is from the Battle 4 Atlantis. Why else would there be a Memphis Tiger in the background? No way in hell Smart is dumb enough to pose for a pic before the press conference, if there even is one. As to the doctoring of the "M" shirt, who knows. But it can't be disputed that this is not a recent pic.

I don't know about you guys, but I think that picture is shopped. Anyone else agree?

How about this spring?

Tubby had to go, but don't pretend that the negative media fallout was by design. You really think that was all part of Norwood's plan? Regardless, Brad was the #1 target from the start.

Your commentary (like that of most people) on the coaching search is too silly to formally respond to.

As for "this spring" nonsense, like I said to another VCU fan in this thread - I will gladly bet against VCU starting to build a practice facility this spring. PM me with what you'd like to wager if you truly don't know any better.

Again, VCU hopes to build a new practice facility sometime in the future, time and date TBD. That's it.

At the very least, we're using Photoshopping and Wikipedia editing to fashion an alternate reality.

How about this spring?

The national media fall-out from Minnesota firing Tubby Smith was inevitable. Doesn't matter how well he tried to handle it. If it's true Tubby wasn't informed prior to it leaking, that's bad, but I'm not sure that wasn't semantics. (I haven't been told, but my agent was.)

Hey genuises, this is from the Battle 4 Atlantis. Why else would there be a Memphis Tiger in the background? No way in hell Smart is dumb enough to pose for a pic before the press conference, if there even is one. As to the doctoring of the "M" shirt, who knows. But it can't be disputed that this is not a recent pic.
Listen here chief.

That is real.

I'd trust your thesis a bit more if you gave us a little more evidence than "Stevens is desirable," and "Butler has bad facilities."
I did give you more than that. Apparently it was lost in the noise.

This thread has skyrocketed to the third most viewed thread on the basketball forum, behind the All Things Tyus Jones/Rashad Vaughn threads.

11:30 AM Update

Well I've spent the last 6 hours or so on the phone with the insiders and call tell you a few things.

--Shaka knows of this thread and fears there is a mole in his administration. He is getting downright paranoid about it.

--Shaka is not nor was he in Minnesota. That trip could come later today if a deal with VCU can't be reached. He feels he owes it to Norwood to at least seriously consider this possibility.

--While this isn't about the money Shaka still wants a decent bump up in pay by VCU. The fear is VCU is having a hard time getting the resources for both a pay raise for Shaka and major upgrades to the bball facilities.

--VCU was in contact with Spike Lee yesterday to see what he could do to help keep Shaka in place in way of money or movie roles for Shaka. Spike is said to be getting heavily involved today in contract negotiations.

--If VCU and Shaka do not come to an agreement this afternoon it is said that it becomes a 50/50 chance that Shaka will take a job at either Minnesota or VCU.

--Anthony Grants season came to an end last night, he was called first thing this morning by Norwood Teague.

I would respectfully reply, if Teague has the ba**s everyone is saying he has, then he wouldn't give a flyin' flip what Commissioner Delany or Nebraska think about the move.

Besides, if Miles did come here, pretty sure that a "friendly rivlary" would develop between Gopher and Cornhusker basketball!

I'd hope so too, but Delaney is just short of God in the B1G. And it's just not done. Huggins got ripped for leaving one year in at K-State and he was going to his alma mater.

11:30 AM Update--Shaka knows of this thread and fears there is a mole in his administration. He is getting downright paranoid about it.

--VCU was in contact with Spike Lee yesterday to see what he could do to help keep Shaka in place in way of money or movie roles for Shaka. Spike is said to be getting heavily involved today in contract negotiations.

1349110594814.gif

On a positive note, the longer the VCU folks are still lingering on this thread, and the longer we haven't heard from Shaka DENYING that he's leaving...it all kinda adds credence to the possibility still being open.

Well I've spent the last 6 hours or so on the phone with the insiders and call tell you a few things.

--Shaka knows of this thread and fears there is a mole in his administration. He is getting downright paranoid about it.

--Shaka is not nor was he in Minnesota. That trip could come later today if a deal with VCU can't be reached. He feels he owes it to Norwood to at least seriously consider this possibility.

--While this isn't about the money Shaka still wants a decent bump up in pay by VCU. The fear is VCU is having a hard time getting the resources for both a pay raise for Shaka and major upgrades to the bball facilities.

--If VCU and Shaka do not come to an agreement this afternoon it is said that it becomes a 50/50 chance that Shaka will take a job at either Minnesota or VCU.

--Anthony Grants season came to an end last night, he was called first thing this morning by Norwood Teague.

I have no words for how awesome the bolded part is.

Damn it, I knew it would come down to Spike Lee.

Cool story. I'm sure Norwood is on the line with the Cohen brothers as we speak to counter these fabulous Spike Lee efforts.

Weren't you up posting here till like 1am est and now you've been on the phone since 5:30am est? You live quite the sleepless life.

Top Bottom