New commitment! Coleman Bryson!!!

Solid individual and football player.

Minnesota safety commit Coleman Bryson is ready for his official visit​

"Track season went really well for me this spring," 2022 Georgia safety and Minnesota commit Bryson Coleman said to GopherIllustrated. "I ended up winning state in the high jump with a 6'6" jump, and then I was a part of the 4x100m first place team as well. So I'm really excited about that. I also haven't been talking with any other schools besides Minnesota. My focus has strictly been on the Gophers, so I don't really entertain any other schools."

He got some hops...
He sounds like Rashod Bateman in terms of the solidity of his commitment. Same multi-sport talent, too. I really hope we get to see his speed and leaping ability patrolling “center field.”

I think he can be a shining light for the class
I think he was making a joke, you know, Coleman coolers that you see in sporting goods stores? I think that's why he called Coleman "cooler".

EDIT: just dawned on me that Coleman makes flashlights too.

Pump the brakes boys, some of the early commits in the past haven't materialized.
original.png

From public info, Bryson is from Waynesville NC, which is west of Asheville. He went to Tuscola HS there. He transferred to Rabun Gap-Nacoochee for his junior year. Rabun Gap is a pretty expensive prep {day ($22k) and boarding ($57k)—lots of scholarship $$} school in the hills of rural north Georgia. Graduating classes typically achieve 100% admission to college. I suspect it is kind of like Shattuck-St. Mary’s only in a truly rural setting—and perhaps with football predominating instead of hockey. 4.25 GPA; makes sense he will be seeing some Ivy offers. This is a really interesting commit. If his teammate TE comes along, I suspect neither would be phased by boarding, academics or weather.
That's some good detective work my friend! I was thinking as I watched his highlight video that he likely plays at a lower level judging by the small stadiums and sparse crowds. There's probably some good talent on the other side of the ball if they're playing other prep schools, but he really looked like a man among boys out there. He was just so athletically superior to everyone else.

Is he waiting on an offer from WI? Those never go our way.

Lower end P5 coaches gotta love these guys who stick with their offer, no matter which helmet schools come calling later on.

Hope he stays true to that, when Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, etc. come calling. Bateman did.

I certainly hope he stays true when Georgia and others come calling. And I guarantee Kirby knows about this kid. Kirby’s dad coached the public school in the same town of Tiger for 10 years and Georgia currently has one kid on their roster from Tiger.

Interesting article on Saban at Alabama on having Ty Simpson - 5 starQB from Tenn. already practicing with the team. Early h.s. Graduate who is already on campus. Getting lots of reps before spring practice. Doesn’t seem right. Wonder who would be responsible if he gets hurt since technically he is not a student?

Interesting article on Saban at Alabama on having Ty Simpson - 5 starQB from Tenn. already practicing with the team. Early h.s. Graduate who is already on campus. Getting lots of reps before spring practice. Doesn’t seem right. Wonder who would be responsible if he gets hurt since technically he is not a student?
He might be enrolled in classes for next semester. I don't see how it's much different than FR who arrive at camp in August before their semester starts.

Thanks for sharing! I love these articles where you get some insight into how some of the guys on our team are wired!
That was a hell of a write up on this young man. It makes me excited to see where he goes in his progression. The world needs more young men like this. Get him up to the North Shore so he can love Minnesota country.

I presume you meant 200+?
We can go with that too. I honestly don't know why I only put 20 for his career. I must have been drinking. Well, knowing me, I was drinking.

Maybe have a team trophy for Evaps at the end of the year.

Top Bottom