New commitment! Coleman Bryson!!!

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Solid individual and football player.

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score

Minnesota safety commit Coleman Bryson is ready for his official visit​

"Track season went really well for me this spring," 2022 Georgia safety and Minnesota commit Bryson Coleman said to GopherIllustrated. "I ended up winning state in the high jump with a 6'6" jump, and then I was a part of the 4x100m first place team as well. So I'm really excited about that. I also haven't been talking with any other schools besides Minnesota. My focus has strictly been on the Gophers, so I don't really entertain any other schools."

He got some hops...
He sounds like Rashod Bateman in terms of the solidity of his commitment. Same multi-sport talent, too. I really hope we get to see his speed and leaping ability patrolling “center field.”

MplsGopher_fan

Reaction score
I think he can be a shining light for the class
I think he was making a joke, you know, Coleman coolers that you see in sporting goods stores? I think that's why he called Coleman "cooler".

EDIT: just dawned on me that Coleman makes flashlights too.

MGGopher

Reaction score
Pump the brakes boys, some of the early commits in the past haven't materialized.
original.png

MGGopher

Reaction score
From public info, Bryson is from Waynesville NC, which is west of Asheville. He went to Tuscola HS there. He transferred to Rabun Gap-Nacoochee for his junior year. Rabun Gap is a pretty expensive prep {day ($22k) and boarding ($57k)—lots of scholarship $$} school in the hills of rural north Georgia. Graduating classes typically achieve 100% admission to college. I suspect it is kind of like Shattuck-St. Mary’s only in a truly rural setting—and perhaps with football predominating instead of hockey. 4.25 GPA; makes sense he will be seeing some Ivy offers. This is a really interesting commit. If his teammate TE comes along, I suspect neither would be phased by boarding, academics or weather.
That's some good detective work my friend! I was thinking as I watched his highlight video that he likely plays at a lower level judging by the small stadiums and sparse crowds. There's probably some good talent on the other side of the ball if they're playing other prep schools, but he really looked like a man among boys out there. He was just so athletically superior to everyone else.

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
Is he waiting on an offer from WI? Those never go our way.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Lower end P5 coaches gotta love these guys who stick with their offer, no matter which helmet schools come calling later on.

Hope he stays true to that, when Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, etc. come calling. Bateman did.

U2Gopher

Reaction score
I certainly hope he stays true when Georgia and others come calling. And I guarantee Kirby knows about this kid. Kirby’s dad coached the public school in the same town of Tiger for 10 years and Georgia currently has one kid on their roster from Tiger.

Top Bottom