National Signing Day, and off we go!

Sure. Why not?

I don't think there's really anything to "sign", there. Simply, the player transfers to the U, for say the summer semester and starts living and working out up here. On the athletic dept's side, they put in the paper work (if even needed?) to do the transfer eligibility.

I mean honestly ... they probably could transfer in right before fall camp starts, and enroll for the fall semester.

I don't think there's anything "binding" equivalent to the NLI, like kids out of high school physically sign.
Well there has to be a deadline in place where you can no longer add players. Just wondering if anyone knows when that is.

Can they sign guys that late?
Here are the Gopher transfer-in signing dates from last season:

Jack Gibbens 12/06/20

Dylan Wright 12/23/20

Val Martin 12/23/20

Nyles Pinckney 01/11/21

Karter Shaw 01/14/21

Matthew Tricket 02/05/21

Will Mobley 03/01/21

Last edited:

Here are the Gopher transfer-in signing dates from last season:

Jack Gibbens 12/06/20

Dylan Wright 12/23/20

Val Martin 12/23/20

Nyles Pinckney 01/11/21

Karter Shaw 01/14/21

Matthew Tricket 02/05/21

Will Moblet 03/01/21
Sure, but just curious how late you can continue to add players. I assume a deadline exists.

Can't really fault a Florida kid for wanting to hold out for their dream offer if they think it might happen. Still just the early signing period (which I know has basically become the main signing period) so still time for him to come on board.
Agree. Hard to put a price for some to play home games in front of family and friends.

I think Anthony Smith becomes a DT. He is a pretty big dude already, but I echo your excitement about him. He moves really well.

My big ones are Knuth, Hoskins, and Kelly.

Knuth: He is just a higher caliber (as was Athan) QB recruit. He seems to have prototypical size, makeup. There is also the fact that everyone from South Dakota gushes about him. I know, they are likely as provincial as we are, I get it, but sometimes you just know.

Kelly: He is a 6'2" CB. Having that kind of size at CB (if they can cover), allows you to do a lot of things. If we find another star to play opposite Walley, watch out.

Hoskins: I realize he did the things he did against central MN kids. That said, he is electric. He is explosive, dynamic, seems like a natural pass catcher and he is legitimately fast.
Super pumped for Hoskins. We’ve had some great receivers, but it feels like we haven’t many guys like him where you’re gonna just want to give them the ball in space and let them make plays

Sure, but just curious how late you can continue to add players. I assume a deadline exists.
I would guess the deadline would be their ability to enroll in school. I don't think there would be any difference between HS kids and transfer kids. Ewers enrolled at Ohio State in August.

I would assume if you have the spot available and they get registered for classes no such date exists but what do I know.

Last edited:

Pretty busy now but did anything unexpected happen for the Gophers today? Good or bad?

Pretty busy now but did anything unexpected happen for the Gophers today? Good or bad?
Nope....Pyburn didn't sign but the other 18 and Stapp did. No surprises that I am aware of to this point.

His twitter shows really nothing of being a Boat Rower. Says he's committed here, but also saw he had a lot of late offers come in. We shall see.
We did get the higher rated guy that he played behind (in formation, not depth chart) on their Defense.

No Miranda, we're going to show Wisconsin that we have the best one!
It is "A Million to Juan" that he should not change his last name.

Last edited:

We are signing 3 Cade's to the team. Cade Conzemius (PWO), Cade Larson (PWO), Cade McConnell. If the PWO's signed today I assume they are early enrollees as not all are listed on the 22 player signed list.

I love signing day - seeing these kids living their dream. Love it! But, can we change Alvarez's name? That's going to be a tough one.
Nope, Alvarez mowed us down for decades.

We now have the Alvarez and will mow Wisconsin down for decades.

Bucky shows up and we physically pound Bucky.

Now with Bucky and Alvarez, why even play the game?

A prospect with a name meant for paddling is still available.

Top Bottom