My final Four with explanation....Yours?

I knew they would never allow a rematch right away. They say that doesn’t determine the rankings but we all know it does. A rematch of Georgia-Bama in the championship would be horrible.

They are 12-1. They have looked better all year than almost any team in football and they lost to the beast that is mighty Alabama. There is not another team outside the top 4 that is better than Georgia. Now, had Georgia lost to another team during the year and they had two losses, we could talk. Absent that, it’s not really a debate.

There's no way to justify a two loss team getting in over a one loss Georgia team that lost in the SEC Championship to perennial powerhouse, Alabama. And Notre Dame simply isn't deserving with their home loss to Cincinnati.....fairly weak schedule.....and no championship game.

No offense, but I highly doubt you’ve watched the games of the conference leaders, and even if you did it doesn’t matter. We have no idea how good Georgia is versus Notre Dame, Utah, Oklahoma State, Ohio State, Michigan as they have either not played teams of that caliber, or have simply not played them.

Georgia was a touchdown favorite yesterday and got run out of the building. That should tell us everything we need to know about ”eye test, “resume”, and counting chickens before they’re hatched.
You can have your opinion, and I can have mine. Most seem to agree with me however, from the committee which makes the decisions that really matter, to the polls who have no real say and could rank them how they want.

This is tough. Don't want to see an all SEC championship....but at the same time.....I find it difficult to root for Michigan.

Go Bearcats.

In reality, Saban’s teams are so tough to beat. Michigan could absolutely defeat them, however. First they have to go through the Bulldogs. I will be a Blue fan throughout, unless it’s Mich versus Cincinnati

You can have your opinion, and I can have mine. Most seem to agree with me however, from the committee which makes the decisions that really matter, to the polls who have no real say and could rank them how they want.

Opinions are like

The committee is a joke. Let’s all agree on that. Why would I care what a group of athletic directors think?

There's no way to justify a two loss team getting in over a one loss Georgia team that lost in the SEC Championship to perennial powerhouse, Alabama.
You are correct. There is no way to justify leaving Georgia out. Those who don’t want to see Georgia in, are just angry because they are in the SEC.

There's no way to justify a two loss team getting in over a one loss Georgia team that lost in the SEC Championship to perennial powerhouse, Alabama. And Notre Dame simply isn't deserving with their home loss to Cincinnati.....fairly weak schedule.....and no championship game.

Just lost. Not a championship team.

You are correct. There is no way to justify leaving Georgia out. Those who don’t want to see Georgia in, are just angry because they are in the SEC.

No, it’s more we don’t know what other teams are capable of when they haven’t played the same teams or same schedule.

MN had more losses than Wisconsin 9 days ago. Clearly an inferior team. Right?

No offense, but I highly doubt you’ve watched the games of the conference leaders, and even if you did it doesn’t matter. We have no idea how good Georgia is versus Notre Dame, Utah, Oklahoma State, Ohio State, Michigan as they have either not played teams of that caliber, or have simply not played them.

Georgia was a touchdown favorite yesterday and got run out of the building. That should tell us everything we need to know about ”eye test, “resume”, and counting chickens before they’re hatched.
Every other team also has a loss, so you just ignore that fact?

TV pays for it. They get a hand in dictating the format.

They want as many high-ratings matchups as they can get.

Not the Sun Belt conference champion ...

Every other team also has a loss, so you just ignore that fact?
I don’t put a high priority on small differences in wins and losses. A game or two difference really is irrelevant to how good a team is when we don’t have head to head results, in many cases.

If the season was 50 or 100 games it would correlate better.

The committee is a joke.
On this we agree. I don’t think ND deserves to be in the playoff, but for the committee chair to publicly say that Brian Kelly leaving ND would impact their ranking is criminal. It should mean the immediate dismissal of the committee chair and anyone on the committee who thinks the same thing. You are sending a message to the players that they don’t matter. That what they did on the field didn’t matter. What if Kelly hadn't gone to LSU. What if he suddenly had a heart attack or got COVID and dropped dead? Are you penalizing ND then? I can’t believe this comment from the chair didn’t spark more outrage. It is a horrible take and exposes this committee as a farce.

You'd still have the problem of there being 5 power 5 teams, and a possible group of 5 team getting in.

So include more G5 teams or have a first round bye based on made up metric XYZ or the opinions of people that don’t know schit from fuc*. Problem solved

I don’t put a high priority on small differences in wins and losses. A game or two difference really is irrelevant to how good a team is when we don’t have head to head results, in many cases.

But you will judge Georgia based on 1 loss?

As much as I love college football, lets not turn it into the MLB. ;)

Last edited:

So include more G5 teams or have a first round bye based on made up metric XYZ or the opinions of people that don’t know schit from fuc*. Problem solved
I like your idea of conference champions only, there would just need to be a few details worked out.

Everyone knows the eye test isn't a guarantee. LOL.

Your top 4 is also based on an eye test.

Just lost. Not a championship team.

So do you put in Notre Dame? My problem there is that they didn't have to play a championship game against another TOP team. Maybe Baylor? Problem there is the loss to a poor TCU team.

I am against the SEC bias as much as anyone. But I just don't see four teams better than Georgia.

Without all the TV money, we don't have any of this. It's still just the bowl games we had in the 80's.

TV gets to dictate that at least half of the bids to any playoff bracket are at-large selections.

Silly to talk about 10 autobids.

Opinions are like

The committee is a joke. Let’s all agree on that. Why would I care what a group of athletic directors think?
Lets not all agree. I would rather listen to them and the data someone on a message board.

Worse would be an Alabama and Georgia final. No one cares but fans of those two teams. I wouldn’t watch.
That’s what I meant. Made a typo in the last sentence. Should have said final.

You put a lot of priority on Georgia's head-to-head loss but almost none on Notre Dame's.

Top Bottom