My final Four with explanation....Yours?

Clemson is 95th in the country in total offense. This is not 2019. They are not very good. Auburn, not great. Kentucky - c’mon man.

Georgia is a paper tiger, not a bulldog.
I'm still not seeing anyone more impressive on the ND schedule.

Didn't realize we have some ND fans here.

So Michigan throws up 38 against WI the number 2 rated total defense and posted 42 against the 14 best in Iowa, oh did I mention that they held the #1 total offensive team to 27?
Yeah, they should be #1 IMO.

The committee will do everything it can to not have Bama play Georgia in the first round (which I don't agree with).

If Michigan is #1, it will go:
Michigan
Bama
Cinci
Georgia

If Bama is #1, it will go (much more likely scenario):
Bama
Michigan
Georgia
Cinci

So, IMO, it won't really matter who is #1, the games are set.

I don't think people are saying that the teams Georgia are incredible, we're just saying they're better than the teams Notre Dame beat.

Notre Dame's two best wins are Purdue and Wisconsin.

What do you think Clemson would be favored against Purdue? It'd probably close with Wisconsin, but Clemson would probably be favored over them too.

Even if you're not impressed with wins against Kentucky, Auburn, or Arkansas, which of ND's wins (other than Purdue and WI) do you like more than any of those wins?

I think there is a philosophical difference here. I don’t care what their “resume” is, necessarily. I KNOW Georgia is not as good as Alabama. I DON‘T know if Georgia is better than Notre Dame, Cincinnati, Michigan, Ohio State, Baylor, Utah because they haven’t played each other. Baylor is also a conference champion. Notre Dame lost to undefeated Cincinnati.

In my mind it doesn’t make sense to include Georgia OR Notre Dame, but it makes more sense to include Notre Dame than Georgia because that loss was earlier in the year and I’m a believer teams mature greatly over the season. It seems completely nonsensical to include teams that have already lost head to head. It doesn’t even matter if Georgia IS better than Notre Dame.

I hate the SEC as much anyone but this is lunacy. I assume you're going to be betting a ton of money on Michigan over Georgia?

The only things that Iowa and Georgia have in common is that they have boring offenses and good defenses.
Point 1: I don’t know the spread or money line, so I can’t answer.

point 2: I agree, good defense and warts all over on offense.

1) cinci (2nd best win and zero losses)
2) Bama (best win and one loss)
3) Michigan (3rd best win and one loss)
4) Baylor (conference champion with 2 losses but also beat one of the two teams that beat them AND wins over 3 top 15 teams)

Admittedly....I did not see the game....because I traveled up to St. Cloud to watch the Huskies hockey game.....but it's completely nuts to discount a defense in the SEC that averaged around 10 point given up per game.

Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, Clemson........these aren't "crap teams".
Total offensive Arkansas #31, Kentucky #43, Auburn #63, Clemson #95...There defense should be rated #1

I see that the SEC bias is endemic among people who do not watch a ton of college football.

Georgia is a better version of Iowa, better defense, better offense, but should miss the playoffs.
The SEC that went 7-2 in bowl games and won the national championship last year?

Agree with everyone that says GA should not be in the final 4. And yet I would be willing to bet quite a bit that they will be. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow but I doubt it.

The four are set. Bama, Georgia, Michigan, Cincinnati. That's who it's going to be.

They won't do Bama Georgia in the 1st round because $ and it just happened. So you'll get Bama/Cinci or Bama/Michigan. I suspect they want Michigan/Georgia more than anything else because ratings are fun and Cinci and Georgia played last year too (in a great game).

So ignoring rankings, anticipate:
Bama/Cinci, Michigan/Georgia for a 1st round

1. Bama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

That gives them crazy Bama vs G5 ratings, plus UGA/Michigan ratings. Both are enormous, intriguing games.

Last edited:

The Committee will have Alabama or Michigan #1, Cincinnati #3 and Georgia or ND #4, though Baylor has a shot. Cincy would lose a couple or more with an SEC or B10 schedule, but can get up for a big game, like UCF a few years back. Alabama's QB gives them an edge in a playoff, which is a mini-season, though I would hate to see the finale a Bama-Georgia replay.

Agree with everyone that says GA should not be in the final 4. And yet I would be willing to bet quite a bit that they will be. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow but I doubt it.
This

1. Michigan
2. Cinci
3. Bama
4. Georgia (though would prefer ND).

People already guessed it! There will not be a Bama/Ga rematch so quick. Georgia/Mich and Bama/cinci ! I also agree Georgia is paper tough and not big game tested! They played inflated ranked teams who ended up being not so good. It stinks another two sec teams make it! You play game of percentages and chances your conference wins CFP is exponentially higher with two teams in

Agree with all saying it'll be GA/Mich, Cinci/Bama.

Just a matter of whether it's Bama or Mich #1

Yeah, they should be #1 IMO.

The committee will do everything it can to not have Bama play Georgia in the first round (which I don't agree with).

If Michigan is #1, it will go:
Michigan
Bama
Cinci
Georgia

If Bama is #1, it will go (much more likely scenario):
Bama
Michigan
Georgia
Cinci

So, IMO, it won't really matter who is #1, the games are set.
exactly right

The Committee will have Alabama or Michigan #1, Cincinnati #3 and Georgia or ND #4, though Baylor has a shot. Cincy would lose a couple or more with an SEC or B10 schedule, but can get up for a big game, like UCF a few years back. Alabama's QB gives them an edge in a playoff, which is a mini-season, though I would hate to see the finale a Bama-Georgia replay.
Baylor has no shot and never did. Notre Dame is still first in line on missing out, though they have no business being there.

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Baylor

(The committee doesn’t have the balls to do this though.)

Provided the final 4 are set (which I think they absolutely are with Mich, Bama, GA, and Cinci getting in), the match ups are Mich-GA, Bama-Cinci. There's zero chance they will pair Bama and GA against each other in the 1st round.

The only other team that could try to make a claim is ND. Georgia however is going to finish with wins versus multiple "ranked" teams (Kentucky, Ark) where ND will have zero. Anyone trying to tell themselves any different is delusional.

What "should" it be? If you're going based on eye test, probably the same 4. If you're going with what's more "right" get rid of GA for ND given GA already lost their chance at the NC by not being best in their conference.

It’s highly doubtful you get an Alabama / Georgia rematch in the semis.

Agree with what others have said and the matchups are set regardless who is at #1.

Michigan / Georgia
Alabama / Cincinnati

If the committee has a soul they’ll put both SEC teams against each other in the semi final. Can’t think of anything worse than an Alabama-Georgia final.

1.Michigan
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

Last edited:

If the committee has a soul they’ll put both SEC teams against each other in the semi final. Can’t think of anything worse than an Alabama-Georgia semifinal.

1.Michigan
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati
Personally, I’d love to see a rematch in the semifinal. But I wouldn’t bother watching it as a NCG.

1. Michigan is getting screwed if they need to beat two SEC teams to win a CFP, and their competitor in the final just had to beat Cincy.

That's a mess.

2. Georgia is "probably" the #4 team right now, or even #3. I think 90% of people think they would trash Cincy. Cincy is essentially a bye for any of these teams. But my feeling is if Bama and Georgia just played and it wasn't close, why do we need to see it again? I'd sooner see the #4,5, or #6 team come into the mix rather than see a rematch.

I know it's not in the DNA of the CFP, but they should work a lot harder to avoid rematches when you only select 4 teams. Twelve team playoffs, sure, but with only 4 teams, why do we need to see it? If Georgia wins the rematch it looks flukey.

I see that the SEC bias is endemic among people who do not watch a ton of college football.

Georgia is a better version of Iowa, better defense, better offense, but should miss the playoffs.

Problem is.....I watch a ton of college football. I don't think there are four better teams than Georgia. Got to put the SEC hatred away for a little bit.

Problem is.....I watch a ton of college football. I don't think there are four better teams than Georgia. Got to put the SEC hatred away for a little bit.
Watch a ton of college football and it is not a SEC bias but a superiority. The committee is not a bunch of slouches, it has several very respected football people on it. Would love to see the BIG 10 best plat the 2nd place SEC team.

#4 Notre Dame....Lost only one game, to the only team to finish undefeated

#3 Alabama...While taking down Georgia, they struggled against a few teams including getting beat by Texas A&M who
lost 4 games.

#2 The only team to post a perfect schedule including a win over Notre Dame....Cincinnati

#1 Michigan...should have won against Sparty... Shut down the best offensive in tOSU soundly beat them while throwing
up 42......Beat down Iowa and again threw up 42 against one of the best defensive in the country.

What about Georgia??? I had to by default put one team in the final four without a conference championship. Why should it be Georgia when ND lost to the only undefeated team in the country? Also Georgia lost to a team a that lost to Texas A&M that finished 8-4
Who has Notre Dame beat? You’re crazy to put Notre Dame in their. They don’t deserve to be in even if Iowa beat Michigan. A lot of teams go undefeated with Cincy’s schedule. And Notre Dame lost at home.

Georgia should be in over Notre dame because Notre dame didn’t win a conference and doesn’t have any quality wins.
Here is the real controversy to me.

It should be
1) Bama
2) michigan
3) cinci
4) georgia
But they will rig it so Bama and Georgia don’t play in semifinal

If the committee really thinks Georgia is top 4, there is no way they can’t have Alabama rated number 1
They will put Michigan 1 to rig it

I’d go:

1. Michigan
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

Alabama lost to a 4 loss team. Cincy plays too many cupcakes. Only has to get up for a few games.

If the committee has a soul they’ll put both SEC teams against each other in the semi final. Can’t think of anything worse than an Alabama-Georgia semifinal.

1.Michigan
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati
Worse would be an Alabama and Georgia final. No one cares but fans of those two teams. I wouldn’t watch.

Top Bottom