My final Four with explanation....Yours?

rpgopherfan

Reaction score
#4 Notre Dame....Lost only one game, to the only team to finish undefeated

#3 Alabama...While taking down Georgia, they struggled against a few teams including getting beat by Texas A&M who
lost 4 games.

#2 The only team to post a perfect schedule including a win over Notre Dame....Cincinnati

#1 Michigan...should have won against Sparty... Shut down the best offensive in tOSU soundly beat them while throwing
up 42......Beat down Iowa and again threw up 42 against one of the best defensive in the country.

What about Georgia??? I had to by default put one team in the final four without a conference championship. Why should it be Georgia when ND lost to the only undefeated team in the country? Also Georgia lost to a team a that lost to Texas A&M that finished 8-4

Last edited:

If you want new blood in the playoff than Cincy and ND would provide the answer

#3 Alabama...While taking down Georgia, they struggled against a few teams including getting beat by Texas A&M who
lost 4 games.

#2 The only team to post a perfect schedule including a win over Notre Dame....Cincinnati

#1 Michigan...should have won against Sparty... Shut down the best offensive in tOSU soundly beat them while throwing
up 42......Beat down Iowa and again threw up 42 against one of the best defensive in the country.

What about Georgia??? I had to by default put one team in the final four without a conference championship. Why should it be Georgia when ND lost to the only undefeated team in the country? Also Georgia lost to a team a that lost to Texas A&M that finished 8-4
Would love this scenario.

Michigan would piss-pound ND. I hate Michigan, but hate ND worse, and they are their typical over hyped average team.
Bama would curb stomp Cincy, and people would realize the chasm between elite P5 and elite G5 and stop expansion at 8.

1. Bama
2. Mich
3. Georgia
4. Cinci

I don't agree w/ this but this is how it's gonna be tomorrow
IMHO the committee can not place a team that lost to a 8-4 team #1.... The entire season work has to be taken into account, not only does that place MI at the top they have also been the best team the last two weeks by far. Remember that AL had to go 4 OT's to beat Auburn last week

IMHO the committee can not place a team that lost to a 8-4 team #1.... The entire season work has to be taken into account, not only does that place MI at the top they have also been the best team the last two weeks by far. Remember that AL had to go 4 OT's to beat Auburn last week
You are 100% right and yet we all know Bama will be in the top spot tomorrow.

I would like 1 Michigan, 2 Bama, 3 Cincy, and 4 ND (only to spite Brian Kelly) in the CFB. But, it most likely will be 1 Bama, 2 Mich, 3 Cincy, and 4 Georgia getting in.

Wouldn't it be something if ND gets in and wins the national title? Just think how sick Brian Kelly will get. Don't worry. It won't happen. There is an SEC bias.

I would like 1 Michigan, 2 Bama, 3 Cincy, and 4 ND (only to spite Brian Kelly) in the CFB. But, it most likely will be 1 Bama, 2 Mich, 3 Cincy, and 4 Georgia getting in.

Wouldn't it be something if ND gets in and wins the national title? Just think how sick Brian Kelly will get. Don't worry. It won't happen. There is an SEC bias.
If the argument against ND is that they don't play a conference championship game, how can you put someone in the Final Four that looses a conference championship game

lost 4 games.

You are high. Cincinnati is undefeated. After that.....there are three one loss P5 teams. Georgia losing the SEC Championship against Alabama isn't going to knock them out. Sorry....ND.....join a conference and add a championship game. They shouldn't get to skate by because they don't have another game against a ranked opponent.

My guess is that Cincy gets #4. After that....it's a tossup. Alabama will be ahead of Georgia regardless.....due to the head-to-head. So....imo....it will depend on whether the committee has the balls to make an SEC Championship rematch in the first round. All depends on whether they place Michigan or Alabama at #1. I personally think Michigan deserves it. Their MSU loss had some lousy calls attached. They could very well be undefeated. Bama losing to a TAMU team that was rocking a second string QB is inexcusable for a team that is playing for an NC.

Go Bearcats. After that....go Bulldogs. Eff Michigan and Alabama.

If the argument against ND is that they don't play a conference championship game, how can you put someone in the Final Four that looses a conference championship game

Also don’t understand why season/post-season head to head W/L are discounted.

We also know the outcome between teams that have never played each other. I was not aware humans had this ability but I’m going to check it out.

Neither did Georgia, though. A bunch of meh, topped off with a convincing loss to the Tide.

But Georgia PISSPOUNDED everyone they played. Never gave up more than 17 points until today. This is probably the best defense that I've ever seen in the NCAA. They goose egged Arkansas. Only put up less than 30 points in two games.

But Georgia PISSPOUNDED everyone they played. Never gave up more than 17 points until today. This is probably the best defense that I've ever seen in the NCAA. They goose egged Arkansas. Only put up less than 30 points in two games.
They would also destroy ND.

I just don't see any way Georgia isn't in.

So.... Bama (yuck), Michigan, Cincy, and Georgia. I don't know the order other than Alabama at #1. I'm guessing they won't want the SEC rematch right away, and would prefer them to meet each other in the championship game (Cha-ching for the SEC). Although I suppose pairing them up right away guarantees an SEC team in the championship.

I think Michigan could beat Bama. I think Cincy can beat Georgia. I'd love to see Michigan vs. Cincy in the National Championship game.

LOL. Brother, I watched the game today. I don’t care how they looked versus a bunch of crap teams. They were soundly beaten today. Ergo, NOT CHAMPIONS. You get nothing, good day sir.

I remember but the committee won't

Bottom line is this - does ANYONE expect Georgia to defeat Alabama in a matchup? No. So why bother? They aren’t as good as they were built up to be. Give a different philosophy, a different conference a crack at the brass ring. At least that’s entertaining.

LOL. Brother, I watched the game today. I don’t care how they looked versus a bunch of crap teams. They were soundly beaten today. Ergo, NOT CHAMPIONS. You get nothing, good day sir.

Admittedly....I did not see the game....because I traveled up to St. Cloud to watch the Huskies hockey game.....but it's completely nuts to discount a defense in the SEC that averaged around 10 point given up per game.

Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, Clemson........these aren't "crap teams".

Bottom line is this - does ANYONE expect Georgia to defeat Alabama in a matchup? No. So why bother? They aren’t as good as they were built up to be. Give a different philosophy, a different conference a crack at the brass ring. At least that’s entertaining.

Expect? No. But they have a better shot than their replacements. ND? Absolutely not.

Admittedly....I did not see the game....because I traveled up to St. Cloud to watch the Huskies hockey game.....but it's completely nuts to discount a defense in the SEC that averaged around 10 point given up per game.

Clemson is 95th in the country in total offense. This is not 2019. They are not very good. Auburn, not great. Kentucky - c’mon man.

Georgia is a paper tiger, not a bulldog.

I see that the SEC bias is endemic among people who do not watch a ton of college football.

Georgia is a better version of Iowa, better defense, better offense, but should miss the playoffs.

So Michigan throws up 38 against WI the number 2 rated total defense and posted 42 against the 14 best in Iowa, oh did I mention that they held the #1 total offensive team to 27?

Clemson is 95th in the country in total offense. This is not 2019. They are not very good. Auburn, not great. Kentucky - c’mon man.

Georgia is a paper tiger, not a bulldog.
I don't think people are saying that the teams Georgia are incredible, we're just saying they're better than the teams Notre Dame beat.

Notre Dame's two best wins are Purdue and Wisconsin.

What do you think Clemson would be favored against Purdue? It'd probably close with Wisconsin, but Clemson would probably be favored over them too.

Even if you're not impressed with wins against Kentucky, Auburn, or Arkansas, which of ND's wins (other than Purdue and WI) do you like more than any of those wins?

I see that the SEC bias is endemic among people who do not watch a ton of college football.

Georgia is a better version of Iowa, better defense, better offense, but should miss the playoffs.
I hate the SEC as much anyone but this is lunacy. I assume you're going to be betting a ton of money on Michigan over Georgia?

The only things that Iowa and Georgia have in common is that they have boring offenses and good defenses.

Top Bottom