More rumors

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Interesting stuff over at GI. A poster there said this morning that Rodney Smith is leaving. Burns checked and said he couldn't confirm yet, but that he thought it might be true. Then Burns came back and said it doesn't sound like Smith is leaving from his sources and that it doesn't make sense to him because he thinks Smith might end up as the main guy next year, even over Jeff Jones. Burns also said Rodney Smith is not the RS player who he talked about that is planning to transfer. That player is in Orlando with the team at this time. The original poster came back and insists Rodney Smith has officially informed the staff he's leaving, as has Connor Kizancic (could this be the guy we'd already heard about?). Then the OP came back and said Rodney Smith has definitely informed the staff, but that he can't confirm Krizancic has made it official yet.

Don't really understand either. Especially Smith. I mean, three hours ago he just re-tweeted some post about Kill being the BIG coach of the year. If true, I have a feeling it's something more along the lines of being family-related rather than displeasure with the coaching staff, team, or school.

Wow if true. Hard to imagine transferring from a school that is about to put a SR RB in the NFL, has another SR RB graduating and has a Coach who refers to you as the best of the young guys. What more could you want after your RS year...a freaking parade?

Ya, I can live with Connor leaving.

I'd be pretty upset if Rodney left.

I would be very upset if he left as well.

It really doesn't make sense at all and there are pretty much zero signs that point to it being true though.

bye rodney and connor. it would have been nice having you guys on the 2015 squad.

Apparently the 247 guys confirmed it was Smith. We better win the Citrus bowl or else this would be a disappointing offseason with Maxx, Donovahn and Rodney all leaving.

Apparently the 247 guys confirmed it was Smith. We better win the Citrus bowl or else this would be a disappointing offseason with Maxx, Donovahn and Rodney all leaving.

Ugh. That's really unfortunate. Even more pressure on Jones to be a stud right away.

I think the 247 guys were able to confirm the original transfer news a couple days before Burns. I know we have a ton of depth at RB with Jeff, Nuggett and 3 freshman so I don't think this will make our O any less potent but I was simply excited to just watch his game because I was a big fan of it and felt he would be fun to watch.

I don't believe it about Smith. Makes no sense he is in line to be a big factor starting next year.

It doesn't mean they are unhappy, necessarily. Could be they don't like being so far from home, miss a girlfriend, or see the writing on the wall regarding playing time. I coached at a local high school that had D1 recruits in a number of sports. Transfers weren't uncommon, especially when they left MN.

Thanks for posting CRG.

I agree it doesn't make sense for Smith to transfer - on the surface. Might be some personal/family reason where it makes sense to him tho.

I think the 247 guys were able to confirm the original transfer news a couple days before Burns. I know we have a ton of depth at RB with Jeff, Nuggett and 3 freshman so I don't think this will make our O any less potent but I was simply excited to just watch his game because I was a big fan of it and felt he would be fun to watch.

We have a ton of potential at RB, doesn't become depth until the guys get on the field and prove they can get the job done on week to week basis. Lots of unknowns at the skill positions heading into next year and there will be a ton of pressure on a few of these guys to succeed right away.

Being that they are both from Georgia, and came in together, if the Jones situation has anything to do with this

Oh, BTW, if either leaves they are scum and I will totally light them up on twitter. Who is with me???

We have a ton of potential at RB, doesn't become depth until the guys get on the field and prove they can get the job done on week to week basis. Lots of unknowns at the skill positions heading into next year and there will be a ton of pressure on a few of these guys to succeed right away.

No pressure that they can't live up to. Smith hadn't proven anything either yet it is still very disappointing.

Oh, BTW, if either leaves they are scum and I will totally light them up on twitter. Who is with me???

To be fair Jones was called scum after and because of the stealing rumor. Not just by simply transferring.

Wow if true. Hard to imagine transferring from a school that is about to put a SR RB in the NFL, has another SR RB graduating and has a Coach who refers to you as the best of the young guys. What more could you want after your RS year...a freaking parade?

Believe it or not, some guys want to play and not redshirt...

So is this actually official? Or is this complete speculation? I understand some sources are providing this information, but I find it hard to believe that a few players would travel to Florida, participate in practice, be part of this team, and then decide to just leave. Sure, some kids go to college and realize it isn't a fit. I just feel in this scenario you would know that you would want to transfer earlier in the season.

Interesting....it appears he did retweet a Citrus Bowl tweet including Jerry Kill mere hours ago.

It's a blow, in my opinion, if true. A lot of people had high hopes for the kid. Certainly had me excited/hopeful for the best RB in quite some time, behind a dominant line. Sigh....

Top Bottom