Minnesota High School Football Section Championship Matchups

TG can drop down because they are currently opting up. And according to Some Guy, Coon Rapids was allowed to opt down for at least one season.
No, I believe he's saying that big CR boosters made under the table payments to crooked MSHSL board members to "cheat" the system and get CR moved down, for a few seasons, so they could have their magical semi-final run in 2019.

That's a thing, you know. Mob ties on the MSHSL board. It's like the Shawshank Redemption: "there's a river of dirty money flowing through this place."

No, I believe he's saying that big CR boosters made under the table payments to crooked MSHSL board members to "cheat" the system and get CR moved down, for a few seasons, so they could have their magical semi-final run in 2019.

That's a thing, you know. Mob ties on the MSHSL board. It's like the Shawshank Redemption: "there's a river of dirty money flowing through this place."
Board Chair of Anoka Hennepin School District and their Superintendent would be more accurate.

The amount of kids playing both ways goes up significantly for 5A and below.
But this is true now for a lot of 6a programs too

there was more a difference 10 years ago. They’re pretty much the same now

A lot has been said about wealth disparities between communities. Granted that is a fact, how does that control football talent and outcomes?

On average, poor kids are less likely to be consistent in attendance, fund raising, parent involvement.

poverty impacts large number sports like football and track faster than Others.
There are exceptions. Burnsville went to the state tourney 6 years ago or so…they had a coach hacking into opponents emails and game plans (later busted for this at Lakeville south) and a now NFL player at QB. Osseo won a state title, coached left the program due to the difficulty of holding it together (for edina, now head coach at Augsburg).

You can win at a school with poverty. It’s much harder to win there. And especially much harder to win year after year.

But this is true now for a lot of 6a programs too

there was more a difference 10 years ago. They’re pretty much the same now
I was surprised to see at least one guy playing both ways for STMA last night.

Probably not much interest in lowly 1A...But go Mayer Lutheran! Taking on Murray County tonight.

I imagine several "house farm" communities have experienced similar explosive growth. Would wild guess Shakopee is another one.
Same true for horse farm communities, cornfield, bean field, and tractor pull towns..

On average, poor kids are less likely to be consistent in attendance, fund raising, parent involvement.

poverty impacts large number sports like football and track faster than Others.
There are exceptions. Burnsville went to the state tourney 6 years ago or so…they had a coach hacking into opponents emails and game plans (later busted for this at Lakeville south) and a now NFL player at QB. Osseo won a state title, coached left the program due to the difficulty of holding it together (for edina, now head coach at Augsburg).

You can win at a school with poverty. It’s much harder to win there. And especially much harder to win year after year.
So, kids less affluent due to poor parenting are also less athletic? Less competitive? Maybe kids just somehow play better if the school building is newer.

Hard to believe kids of elite grifters are born football players but no one else is.

So, kids less affluent due to poor parenting are also less athletic? Less competitive? Maybe kids just somehow play better if the school building is newer.

Hard to believe kids of elite grifters are born football players but no one else is.
No, but they do have less access to playing, training, and resources. There's good research and data on this topic. Specialization is definitely a definitely a deterrent. Basketball dominates these demographics.

No, but they do have less access to playing, training, and resources. There's good research and data on this topic. Specialization is definitely a definitely a deterrent. Basketball dominates these demographics.
Specialization in general is going to continue to hurt football in my opinion.

I think football numbers will be hurt by the higher socioeconomic households. Mothers and fathers at those levels are probably less likely to let their kids play football and instead opt for safer sports.

Athletic ability and desire are the required resources. The resources you are talking about are important regarding open enrollment.

If you are working a part time job to make rent for your family it is hard to come to practice on time.
If you aren’t academically eligible you can’t play.
If you have population moving in and out of your school throughout the school year you invest time developing players than are at another school 5 months later.

if you really can’t see the challenges poverty presents a football program you aren’t even worth talking to

I think football numbers will be hurt by the higher socioeconomic households. Mothers and fathers at those levels are probably less likely to let their kids play football and instead opt for safer sports.
Girls soccer is the number one concussion sport

I don’t think it’s the danger. I do think affluent communities lose kids to specialization more often than middle class schools.

If you are working a part time job to make rent for your family it is hard to come to practice on time.
If you aren’t academically eligible you can’t play.
If you have population moving in and out of your school throughout the school year you invest time developing players than are at another school 5 months later.

if you really can’t see the challenges poverty presents a football program you aren’t even worth talking to
Oh, I see. So you aren't actually saying kids of effete elitist grifters are superior athletes. Instead, all those high school students working jobs to keep a roof over their heads are late for practice. Wish we could all be as smart as you.

Girls soccer is the number one concussion sport

I don’t think it’s the danger. I do think affluent communities lose kids to specialization more often than middle class schools.

Sure if you want to make up whatever stats you want.

Quick google, first article says it's football, but let's go with your argument.

Also, I guess concussions are the only injury a parent might be concerned about in your argument.

And from your approach to arguing, I'm guessing falling off a 100 foot silo is safer than being detained by the Minneapolis police department.

The specialization thing is definitely true and it starts at a young age. We had a bunch of kids miss practices and one game because they had hockey tryouts. Not games, not practices, but tryouts. That's only going to get worse because the hockey association basically says "we're king - take it or leave it." The varsity coaches and the football association board know it, and in our orientation, they talked a lot about how to keep kids playing.

It's tough, because except for maybe golf and baseball, most of the other sports are more or less year-round now. Football isn't, which is one of the reasons I love it, and one of the reasons I encourage my own son to play (that and it's lots of fun.)

Sure if you want to make up whatever stats you want.

Quick google, first article says it's football, but let's go with your argument.

Also, I guess concussions are the only injury a parent might be concerned about in your argument.

And from your approach to arguing, I'm guessing falling off a 100 foot silo is safer than being detained by the Minneapolis police department.
I am much less likely to die from falling off a 100 foot silo than I am at the hands of Minneapolis police

Oh, I see. So you aren't actually saying kids of effete elitist grifters are superior athletes. Instead, all those high school students working jobs to keep a roof over their heads are late for practice. Wish we could all be as smart as you.
Like I said, you are not worth talking to. You have just joined MPLSgopher

What's with all the hatred?

I imagine several "house farm" communities have experienced similar explosive growth. Would wild guess Shakopee is another one.
Yup. Shakopee, Prior Lake, Chaska, Waconia, Delano, Buffalo, Monticello, Elk River have all blown up enrollment-wise.

Board Chair of Anoka Hennepin School District and their Superintendent would be more accurate.
Does the A-H district really care that much about Coon Rapids? Would think they care more about the richer schools, frankly.

And those other sports are the ones that build up year round club teams, up here, with indoor training facilities.

Not saying there for sure are none ... but I suspect there is no such thing as organized, padded/helmet, tackle football outside of your school. At least once you get to the high school level.

And those other sports are the ones that build up year round club teams, up here, with indoor training facilities.

Not saying there for sure are none ... but I suspect there is no such thing as organized, padded/helmet, tackle football outside of your school. At least once you get to the high school level.
Maybe in Texas, but I don't know of any such thing in any midwestern state.

Top Bottom