Minnesota contacted Bohl on Saturday?

My buddy who works at MSP airport just saw Bohl in line at the Taco Bell in Terminal 1.

My buddy who works at MSP airport just saw Bohl in line at the Taco Bell in Terminal 1.

ETA to the Vu: 20 minutes. Is our lookout man from the basktball coaching search still there?

There is no way this thread can approach the BB thread about Shaka. That thread was believable, this thread is preposterous.

i really really like kill and am in no way wanting him to be dismissed at this point. but i honestly am of the opinion bohl would be a good fit here. he fits the recruiting battles that we can actually win and plays a style we have the in state athletes for. just a personal opinion that i'm sure people will bitch about.

There is no way this thread can approach the BB thread about Shaka. That thread was believable, this thread is preposterous.

i heard that shaka and pitino were seen the other night enjoying a hot dog at the vu discussing hiring shaka as an assistant. news of the hiring should be coming shortly i'm sure

I used to really hate the idea of Craig bohl as the head man for the gophers. If Jerry made the decision to step down because of his health I would be very happy of Bohl took the position. He recruits Minnesota well, he has a very good relationship with Minnesota's high schools, I believe his teams do well in the classroom, and I think his style would mesh well with the recruits kill has brought in. Many talk about how Coach Kill "coaches em up," Bohl has been "coaching em up" at a much higher level for a longer period of time. Plus the guy wins big games. And for the record I still hate bison fans

This is gonna be set on fire, but if the U is already calling around for a replacement of coach kill, I would sincerely hope it was to Glen Mason. Of all the coaches we've had
here the past... 40-50 years, he's the only one with 'success'. Mase was literally a defense away from TWO rose bowl appearances. Give him TCF to recruit to rather than
the humphrey dump, and a d-coord like Claeys, who I think is very good as long as he doesn't have to double as D-coor and HC. We could have very good program.
In fact, I can see Mase retaining most if not all of Kill's staff, he has a great relationship with Jerry and could put Jerry into a valuable role such as a mentor, motivator but
without the stress of being HC.

Mase is the last coach to beat Wisconsin or Michigan, still lives in the Twin Cities and though was fired and now works at BTN, is still a strong supporter of the Gopher Football.

LESSSSSSSSSSS GO!

I used to really hate the idea of Craig bohl as the head man for the gophers. If Jerry made the decision to step down because of his health I would be very happy of Bohl took the position. He recruits Minnesota well, he has a very good relationship with Minnesota's high schools, I believe his teams do well in the classroom, and I think his style would mesh well with the recruits kill has brought in. Many talk about how Coach Kill "coaches em up," Bohl has been "coaching em up" at a much higher level for a longer period of time. Plus the guy wins big games. And for the record I still hate bison fans

Bohl would be such a frickin' flight risk, it wouldn't even pay to bring him in. If there were ever a vacancy in Lincoln, he'd turn up missing before you could even close the borders.

A good friend who is closely connected to an NDSU booster told me today that the booster (a major financial contributor) says Bohl took a call from the U of M on Saturday. Bohl told the booster about the call but said that he is only thinking about the next Bison game - in other words, he didn't say he isn't interested. The booster is very anxious.

This came to me from a proud Bison fan who has never needled me about the Gophers.

For what it's worth, and that may be worth nothing. As I've made clear before, I support coach Kill, and I don't want him to leave.[/QUOTE

I have contacts with Alabama who told me Bohl was contacted to shine Nick Saban's shoes when Saban is hired here this coming Friday to be Kill's assistant. My source is very high level so this is very reliable info.

Bohl would be such a frickin' flight risk, it wouldn't even pay to bring him in. If there were ever a vacancy in Lincoln, he'd turn up missing before you could even close the borders.

Didn't Bohl basically get run out of Lincoln when things were going bad there ?

This is gonna be set on fire, but if the U is already calling around for a replacement of coach kill, I would sincerely hope it was to Glen Mason...

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

No one has to be lying, people can make mistakes or misinterpret matters. It's at least third-hand, and that leaves plenty of opportunity for error.

Of course, but to me the most logical scenario is bison booster is messing with gopher fan. Makes the most sense. People like to lie to seem important and to mess with others.

It's only preposterous if it's untrue, and you don't know that it is. Truth be told, neither do I. But it isn't a friend of a friend of a friend, either.

I've made the nature of the connection known: a friend who I trust heard it direct from a moneybags booster that Bohl told him. I know my friend and I am acquainted with the booster. I'm comfortable vouching for both. It's only Bohl that I'm not sure about.

It's only preposterous if it's untrue, and you don't know that it is. Truth be told, neither do I. But it isn't a friend of a friend of a friend, either. I've made the nature of the connection known: a friend who I trust heard it direct from a moneybags booster that Bohl told him. I know my friend and I am acquainted with the booster. I'm comfortable vouching for both. It's only Bohl that I'm not sure about.

Understood. The timing just seems off to me. Too soon and on game day. But you're right your friend may have valid information. Also you've been a contributor here a long time and you've never tossed out any bs I can recall.

We already have a bald coach.

why would we be in need of another bald coach? Especially when we already have a head football coach.
This is a bunch of nonesense and not even remotely true. This is a booster or a Bohl associate talking out of there butts so that they can drum up interst in landing the NDSU guy another job.

Like I said the University of Minnesota has a head football coach and his name is Jerry Kill.
This University is not actively seeking a new one.

i really really like kill and am in no way wanting him to be dismissed at this point. but i honestly am of the opinion bohl would be a good fit here. he fits the recruiting battles that we can actually win and plays a style we have the in state athletes for. just a personal opinion that i'm sure people will bitch about.

I think you're right about every point you make including the one that people will bitch about it.

We have a head football coach.

No interest in Bohl for the simple fact then we would have to listen to the NDSU fans brag that we took there coach and if he has some modicum of success then they had a part in it.

I WARNED you people about Brewster, prexy b and badger joel macturi. And now MANY of you people write the same things I wrote about the inept trio...especially Brewster and macturi and think you have all kinds of insight about what went wrong with that failed, bought out and fired during mid-season brewball experiment.

I warned you people about it and you complained abut me. But, I still said what NEEDED to be said. I called it like I saw it. I did NOT back off when the going got rough. Still, it was a damn sad day when that Brewster was ditched half way through the Big Ten Season. It was sad because he and prexy b and macturi HAD succeeded in driving my Golden Gopher Football Program into the ground...

I guess I had it pretty right. I did refuse to watch what was happening without saying something about it...complaining about it and being angry about it. I have been a Golden Gopher Football Fan for too long to not have been extremely upset about macurti, Brewster and prexy b and what they were doing to my Golden Gopher Football Program.

So bermidgigopher: IF there is something that the U of M administrators are doing to the Gopher Program that you KNOW is going to damn near destroy the program: have the stones to tell GOPHERHOLE and people who post here about it. Don't be timid, shy or easily discouraged. Give 'em hell if what they are doing is driving the program into the ground.

And, you have to NEVER let the ba$hers get you down...because they WILL try...

By the way: it was prexy b who called ALL the shots that macturi and Brewster took the blame for. The prexy ALWAYS gets exactly what the prexy wants.

; 0 )

Wren back in force!!!! Where is your (more) acrimonious side kick?

why would we be in need of another bald coach? Especially when we already have a head football coach.
This is a bunch of nonesense and not even remotely true. This is a booster or a Bohl associate talking out of there butts so that they can drum up interst in landing the NDSU guy another job.

Like I said the University of Minnesota has a head football coach and his name is Jerry Kill.
This University is not actively seeking a new one.

They should be doing some contingency planning. To not do so would be naïve

Look - this may be far-fetched, but:

In public, Kaler and Teague have been supporting Kill - but Leslie Frazier was supporting Ponder publicly while the Vikes were signing his replacement (probably) in Freeman.

For all we know, Kaler and Teague have held a back-room meeting, and decided that Kill is not going to be the long-term coach at the U because of his health and/or the team's on-field performance. It is not out of the realm of possibility that someone, with or without tacit approval from Kaler and Teague, may have reached out to Bohl to assess his interest (or lack of) in the Gopher job.

This is a little off-topic, but let's say Kill has to resign due to his health. Do you really want to see another job search where the top 3, 4, 5, 6 candidates all turn down the job?

You have to let the Kill-Limegrover-Claeys triumvirate have one more season to prove itself. I don't care who's on the field and who's in the sky box. To deep-six the staff at this point would have us wandering in the desert for another 3-4 years.

You have to let the Kill-Limegrover-Claeys triumvirate have one more season to prove itself. I don't care who's on the field and who's in the sky box. To deep-six the staff at this point would have us wandering in the desert for another 3-4 years.
Wouldn't putting off the inevitable have the same effect?

Come on boys, we know this is a bunch of BS. All you have to realize is Teague will want to put his stamp on the coaching hire. That isn't some Division II coach from backwater North Dakota. It will be someone with a name that knows how to recruit. Although I'm pretty darn sure that won't be Lane Kiffin. And I don't think Teague is anywhere near contacting anyone (Kill most likely has this and next year before anything). That said, feelers go out to agents, not coaches. That's how we found Tubby was interested. I would be extremely surprised if Bohl even got an interview.

Top Bottom