Minnesota contacted Bohl on Saturday?

everybody knows my name

Freakishly Hyperintelligent
Reaction score
A good friend who is closely connected to an NDSU booster told me today that the booster (a major financial contributor) says Bohl took a call from the U of M on Saturday. Bohl told the booster about the call but said that he is only thinking about the next Bison game - in other words, he didn't say he isn't interested. The booster is very anxious.

This came to me from a proud Bison fan who has never needled me about the Gophers.

For what it's worth, and that may be worth nothing. As I've made clear before, I support coach Kill, and I don't want him to leave.

A good friend who is closely connected to an NDSU booster told me today that the booster (a major financial contributor) says Bohl took a call from the U of M on Saturday. Bohl told the booster about the call but said that he is only thinking about the next Bison game - in other words, he didn't say he isn't interested. The booster is very anxious.

This came to me from a proud Bison fan who has never needled me about the Gophers.

For what it's worth, and that may be worth nothing. As I've made clear before, I support coach Kill, and I don't want him to leave.

I'll pass.

A friend of a friend might have information that Bohl might have taken a phone call from the U? I'm quite skeptical.

Hope Bohl told that major financial contributor to contact Norwood about a facilities donation too.

I imagine the call went something like this:

U of M (freshman making $9/hour): Hello, we'd like to speak with a Mr. (pause while the computer screen catches up...) Craig Bohl.

Craig Bohl: This is Craig, how can I help you?

U of M (freshman nervously rattles script as Bohl is first person in an hour not to hang up instantly at the sound of a solicitation): Yes, thanks. I am Sven Peterson from St. Cloud Minnesota and I work at fundraising at the University of Minnesota. We have you down as someone that has previously attended a game at the University of Minnesota. Would you be willing to donate to the general fund at the U?

Craig Bohl: Sorry, the only thing I'm thinking about is the next Bison game.

U of M student: Oh OK. Thanks. (not realizing who he called).

Conversation ends.

That's about the only call the "U of M" is placing to Bohl or anyone on Saturday.

Go Gophers!!

Only the first two words of your paraphrase are accurate. You got the rest 100% wrong.

I'm only responding to what you wrote. You wrote "A good friend who is closely connected to an NDSU booster told me today that the booster (a major financial contributor) says Bohl took a call from the U of M on Saturday. Bohl told the booster about the call but said that he is only thinking about the next Bison game - in other words, he didn't say he isn't interested. The booster is very anxious."

Unless what you said was wrong, what I wrote was an accurate description of what you wrote. "A good friend who is closely connected to an NDSU booster," in other words, a friend of a friend, third-hand knowledge.

A friend of a friend of a cousin whose step-brother is married to Craig Bohl's adopted son's friend... said this call never happened... :cool:

Why post this kind of speculation What does it accomplish? And you call yourself a Kill supporter??

I'm only responding to what you wrote. You wrote "A good friend who is closely connected to an NDSU booster told me today that the booster (a major financial contributor) says Bohl took a call from the U of M on Saturday. Bohl told the booster about the call but said that he is only thinking about the next Bison game - in other words, he didn't say he isn't interested. The booster is very anxious."

Unless what you said was wrong, what I wrote was an accurate description of what you wrote. "A good friend who is closely connected to an NDSU booster," in other words, a friend of a friend, third-hand knowledge.

Only if you assume that every two people who know each other are just friends.

I wrote what I meant, and it isn't the same as what you assumed. You're just not grasping that it doesn't mean what you assumed it meant.

I respect your right not to believe it, but please don't misrepresent. That's a cheesy tactic.

I'd like to tell you more to establish the credibility of the source, but it's a small world up here. If I shared enough about him to gain your trust, it wouldn't be hard for some NDSU trolls to identify the guy.

I haven't misrepresented anything. It's third-hand knowledge, and that makes it suspect. It doesn't mean it isn't true, but it gives little reason to give it credibility.

I don't doubt that a booster may have made a call. There are a lot of boosters (big and small) who do things independently without the knowledge or sanction of the University. Even if it did happen it may be as meaningless as if it didn't happen.

Why would he needle you about the Gophers?

Skewed vision. People who only read Gopherhole think that every Bison fan is a d-bag or a dick, because those that come here are usually both. You of all people should "represent" that.

I'm done with this team if Bohl becomes our next head coach, I will be as obnoxious in my hatred of Bohl as Wren was during the Brewster years

I don't doubt that a booster may have made a call. There are a lot of boosters (big and small) who do things independently without the knowledge or sanction of the University. Even if it did happen it may be as meaningless as if it didn't happen.

It also wouldn't be beyond Bohl to be puffing himself up a bit by telling the Bison Booster that "you know the Gophers may be interested". A lot easier to buy than Craig saying "you know Texas and USC are interested". :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm done with this team if Bohl becomes our next head coach, I will be as obnoxious in my hatred of Bohl as Wren was during the Brewster years
because you don't like Bison fans? not like we'd be hiring Bielema

KFGO: Kill's health could affect Bohl's future (this was written a few weeks ago)

What-if No. 2: What if Minnesota decided to look three-and-a-half hours to the northwest for its next coach?

North Dakota State's Craig Bohl is a hot commodity in college football right now. His team has won two straight Football Championship Subdivision national championships (something Kill, a former coach at FCS Southern Illinois, never came close to doing) and is coming off a nationally-televised victory over the Big 12's Kansas State and legendary coach Bill Snyder. That's led to ESPN's College Football GameDay scheduling a trip to Fargo next Saturday.

Bohl's stock has never, and may never, be higher.

Bohl is a popular figure among the Twin Cities media, not only because of his recent success but because he's done it with key players recruited from Minneapolis-St. Paul and their suburbs. NFL-bound cornerback Marcus Williams played high school basketball at Hopkins and wasn't recruited by the Gophers. NFL-bound offensive lineman Billy Turner played in the suburbs and was not recruited by the Gophers.

It helps, too, that Bohl's Bison defeated Minnesota in 2007 and 2011.

http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions-so-little-time/953/kills-health-could-affect-bohls-future/

Go Gophers!!

It also wouldn't be beyond Bohl to be puffing himself up a bit by telling the Bison Booster that "you know the Gophers may be interested". A lot easier to buy than Craig saying "you know Texas and USC are interested". :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I had the same thought. I absolutely trust my source, and he has complete faith in the guy (who I also have met and have no reason not to trust) who talked to Bohl. It's Bohl who I'm unsure of.

If Bohl is BSing, it could be out of a desire for respect or it could be a ploy for more pay - although he did sign an eight year extension recently. Or it could be for unimagined reasons. I don't have much of an imagination when it comes to such things.

Bohl is living the dream right now. All coaches have healthy egos and maybe Bohl has a drive to see if he can win at the next level up, but he's got a pretty sweet deal up that way right now. He's the big game in town and has a program that is going to run itself while he's still there. There'd be a few more headaches he'd have to put up with at the FBS level which he could likely handle, but why? Unless someone walked in and tossed him a million bucks base salary, I don't know why he'd be inclined to move except to prove to the world that he's more than a successful FCS coach.

I think it might've been a friend of AJ's mom.

You are full of it bermidgigopher...

I WARNED you people about Brewster, prexy b and badger joel macturi. And now MANY of you people write the same things I wrote about the inept trio...especially Brewster and macturi and think you have all kinds of insight about what went wrong with that failed, bought out and fired during mid-season brewball experiment.

I warned you people about it and you complained abut me. But, I still said what NEEDED to be said. I called it like I saw it. I did NOT back off when the going got rough. Still, it was a damn sad day when that Brewster was ditched half way through the Big Ten Season. It was sad because he and prexy b and macturi HAD succeeded in driving my Golden Gopher Football Program into the ground...

I guess I had it pretty right. I did refuse to watch what was happening without saying something about it...complaining about it and being angry about it. I have been a Golden Gopher Football Fan for too long to not have been extremely upset about macurti, Brewster and prexy b and what they were doing to my Golden Gopher Football Program.

So bermidgigopher: IF there is something that the U of M administrators are doing to the Gopher Program that you KNOW is going to damn near destroy the program: have the stones to tell GOPHERHOLE and people who post here about it. Don't be timid, shy or easily discouraged. Give 'em hell if what they are doing is driving the program into the ground.

And, you have to NEVER let the ba$hers get you down...because they WILL try...

By the way: it was prexy b who called ALL the shots that macturi and Brewster took the blame for. The prexy ALWAYS gets exactly what the prexy wants.

; 0 )

Doubt it is true but don't doubt the OP. Does that make sense? I'd think his booster friend is yanking his chain.

Doubt it is true but don't doubt the OP. Does that make sense? I'd think his booster friend is yanking his chain.

No one has to be lying, people can make mistakes or misinterpret matters. It's at least third-hand, and that leaves plenty of opportunity for error.

Top Bottom