Minnesota coach Jerry Kill not coaching at Michigan

Thank you for the humor. This made me laugh. I had a flashback to Spinal Tap...

Monday Coach Kill announces he's taking a leave of absence. The Interim coach is announced to be Glen Mason. Gopherhole spontaneously combusts.

Why should this be aired and discussed publicly??? This is between the school Pres., AD and Jerry Kill. If you listened to the sports huddle today Coach Cleays addressed recruiting and they don't think it affects it at all. I don't think he would have brought it up if it wasn;t the truth. He explained the situation well.

Why should this be aired and discussed publicly??? This is between the school Pres., AD and Jerry Kill. If you listened to the sports huddle today Coach Cleays addressed recruiting and they don't think it affects it at all. I don't think he would have brought it up if it wasn;t the truth. He explained the situation well.

you believe them? maybe thats why we tend to go after players that are being recruited by MAC type schools? how could a kid turn down a big ten offer if all they have is central michigan or eastern michigan? i have to assume in the era of a**hole recruiters that kill is an easy guy to recruit against.

What are they going to say. "Yeah, this does affect recruiting negatively and that's why we're ranked so poorly every year. No one wants to come here normally and with a sick coach it gets even harder."

Clearly they aren't going to say that. So who knows. Whether it does or not, recruiting hasn't been to write home about here for several years. That doesn't lead to rosey futures.

you believe them?

Well since they are actually around the program every day and participating in the recruiting process, I tend to believe them over anyone else.

maybe thats why we tend to go after players that are being recruited by MAC type schools? how could a kid turn down a big ten offer if all they have is central michigan or eastern michigan?

For the 100th time, this is just false. Of the 19 signed last year, 14 had other BCS offers according to Rivals. Most of the 14 had multiple other BCS offers. Of the 5 without other BCS offers, 4 committed pretty early which many have kept other schools away.

5 of the 8 committed this year have other BCS offers. 4 of the 5 have a ton of other offers.

Yes, we have signed some of these lower recruited guys, but that is hardly the norm. For whatever reason, people keep saying it is the norm.

Anyone here who ripped Souhan that isn't judging Kill and this team purely on wins and losses, would be quite the hypocrite.

Joking or just dumb?

I think it's a real issue that needs to be addressed. I thought that after the latest incident as well. However, Souhan's form should have been ripped to shreds. My issue with the article and the reason why Souhan should have gotten a ton of criticism is the form of his arguments. They were mocking and insensitive.

you believe them? maybe thats why we tend to go after players that are being recruited by MAC type schools? how could a kid turn down a big ten offer if all they have is central michigan or eastern michigan? i have to assume in the era of a**hole recruiters that kill is an easy guy to recruit against.

You got nearly everything wrong in this post. Kudos.

You got nearly everything wrong in this post. Kudos.

lol well im happy that other than gailen and jeff jones our commits are getting great offers from powerhouses like air force and duke. i guess our recruiting is just fine. rose bowl is around the corner

Well since they are actually around the program every day and participating in the recruiting process, I tend to believe them over anyone else.

For the 100th time, this is just false. Of the 19 signed last year, 14 had other BCS offers according to Rivals. Most of the 14 had multiple other BCS offers. Of the 5 without other BCS offers, 4 committed pretty early which many have kept other schools away.

5 of the 8 committed this year have other BCS offers. 4 of the 5 have a ton of other offers.

Yes, we have signed some of these lower recruited guys, but that is hardly the norm. For whatever reason, people keep saying it is the norm.

i dont hold the MAC and MW in the same manner as the big 10 or big 12, im happy you do. i think we could do better at recruiting you seem to believe its fine.

lol well im happy that other than gailen and jeff jones our commits are getting great offers from powerhouses like air force and duke. i guess our recruiting is just fine. rose bowl is around the corner

Connor Mayes was offered by Texas A&M, TCU, Baylor, and Oklahoma.
Dimonic McKinzy was offered by Iowa, Kansas, and Nebraska.
In an interview Friday, Lingen said Rutgers was going to offer.

Connor Mayes was offered by Texas A&M, TCU, Baylor, and Oklahoma.
Dimonic McKinzy was offered by Iowa, Kansas, and Nebraska.
In an interview Friday, Lingen said Rutgers was going to offer.

well im wrong im now happy about our recruiting i apologize

What are they going to say. "Yeah, this does affect recruiting negatively and that's why we're ranked so poorly every year. No one wants to come here normally and with a sick coach it gets even harder."

Clearly they aren't going to say that. So who knows. Whether it does or not, recruiting hasn't been to write home about here for several years. That doesn't lead to rosey futures.

Where have you been the most concerned with recruiting? Like where has our lack of talent been the most clear to you?

For me, it's OL and WR. The sad thing is that these positions are probably the ones with the highest "star rating" on our current roster.

i dont hold the MAC and MW in the same manner as the big 10 or big 12, im happy you do. i think we could do better at recruiting you seem to believe its fine.

What the hell are you talking about? I gave information that showed that most of the recruits have offers from BCS teams. You know, schools in the ACC, SEC, Big 12, PAC-12.

Never said I was happy with recruiting. You're saying things to help your cause without actually checking the facts. Then people call you out on it and now you continue to say things that aren't true.

Recruiting needs to get better. No doubt about it. Never said it didn't.

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'd be curious how this compares to other BT teams -- even teams like Purdue, Indiana, and Illinois. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'd be curious. :) As you point out, 26% of last year's class did not have another BCS offer, and 37% of this year's commits do not have one. Again, it could be due to early commitments by these players, but I find that fairly hard to believe in today's cut-throat recruiting environment with frequent last-minute switches bein almost the norm, rather than an exception. Like I said though, I'd be curious to see how our numbers compare to other programs.

Top Bottom