Minnesota coach Jerry Kill not coaching at Michigan

Why are they idiots? Cause they dont agree with you. Turns out those so called Souhan idiots are right on.

Get well Coach Kill!

I already see the Souhan idiots are showing up on this thread. Unfortunately, can't say I'm surprised.

Ski-U-Mah and Go Gophers!

The the hell are you talking about?!!? What does technology have to do with not being able to be on the sideline? Stop defending your idiotic response. A coach NEEDS to be at the game.

Does that mean he can't talk to the team through Skype in the locker room before the game??? Are you really THAT slow? You gotta be 50 years old smh... get with the times...

Does that mean he can't talk to the team through Skype in the locker room before the game??? Are you really THAT slow? You gotta be 50 years old smh... get with the times...
Wow, just incredible.

Skype?!?! You should not be allowed to post anymore after your suggestion. Your comment would easily win the most preposterous statement of the year.

Judge Kill by his wins/losses. If his condition hurts the team and contributes to L's it will show. If they do have a viable contingency plan in place and can still manage to build the program through W's it will show.

In the micro I think it's a non-issue when Kill has seizures away from the team and/or the game. The team seems well prepared and is playing hard today. When he flops on the sidelines or in the locker room on game day, then it's a big issue for everyone; our other coaches, fans, players, TV audience. I hope he can get it figured out, but I also think since he's been here he's been having a lot more seizures than is being let on to the public. It'll all be decided at the end of the regular season whether he can continue with us as Heach Coach or not. In the meantime, we all make the best of it and I guess we have to like how the kids came out fighting today.

Skype?!?! You should not be allowed to post anymore after your suggestion. Your comment would easily win the most preposterous statement of the year.

So him Skyping them before the game to let them know he's ok & so they can focus on the game instead of the future of their Coach is preposterous? Ok gramps you're clearly still stuck in the past & going on the IGNORE list... smh... what an idiot...

First off, I feel really bad for Kill. He's busted his butt to get this far and now his health issues appear to be getting worse.

But something's got to give here. I think it makes recruiting really difficult and it can't do much for continuity.

First off, I feel really bad for Kill. He's busted his butt to get this far and now his health issues appear to be getting worse.

But something's got to give here. I think it makes recruiting really difficult and it can't do much for continuity.

I hear what you are saying but it's all speculation. We don't know if it will hurt recruiting and we don't know if it hurts game day preparation. The proof will be in the W/L record and that is ultimately what Kill should be judged on.

The discussion needs to be held and aired publicly. If Kill needs to take time off to get medically stabilized, so be it, if it's even possible. Coach's health aside, the biggest concern I have is how this will effect recruiting. A rebuilding team like Minnesota cannot afford to have a second lost year of recruiting out of four. Unfortunately this already looks like a non-happening recruiting year, before this latest episode.

I pray for coach Kill's health, but this is big business and Teague's job is not to care for Jerry Kill, it's to ensure success on the field. This is a tough, difficult situation. I feel for Kill, Teague and Gopher Football. Wish I knew what the answer was, but I don't.

I think the best way to show the program can handle this situation is to go to Michigan and play a great game.
If we can make this work, let's stay the course. Build the program right, and it's bigger than just one man.
This isn't ideal, but we can't keep changing the program every 3 years.

You're right you win.....Im sure you will see all kinds of coaches saying, "Skype why didnt we think of that....This is going to totally change the game. Genius!!"

So him Skyping them before the game to let them know he's ok & so they can focus on the game instead of the future of their Coach is preposterous? Ok gramps you're clearly still stuck in the past & going on the IGNORE list... smh... what an idiot...

You're right you win.....Im sure you will see all kinds of coaches saying, "Skype why didnt we think of that....This is going to totally change the game. Genius!!"

I'd suggest he coach from home and just putting him on the big screen and PA system for games at TCF. Not sure what they should do for away games though.

WOW!!

If coach Kill takes a leave of absence, does that mean we can fire Limegrover without his permission?

I like Kill, I think hes done an incredible job by cleaning up Brews crap. But you gotta be realistic, this is becoming an issue. Something has to be decided before the season is over. If he can do the job or not.

As far as using Skype to coach a team. Really? Have you even played organized football before? Recruits and players don't want to Skype with their coach during pre-games and halftimes. You might as well pop "Rudy" in the DVD player before every game and I'm sure it will have about the same inspirational pregame affect as Skyping before you hit the field. This is the Big Ten, not Tron Football 3000.

You need head coaches on the sideline and in the locker room. Basic. Bottom line. Its football.

I hope Jerry gets better, but something needs to be decided by seasons end.

I hear what you are saying but it's all speculation. We don't know if it will hurt recruiting and we don't know if it hurts game day preparation. The proof will be in the W/L record and that is ultimately what Kill should be judged on.

He should absolutely be judged on wins and losses. The bad news is that isn't going to break his way. I still think he gets all the way through next year, but that will be it.

Monday Coach Kill announces he's taking a leave of absence. The Interim coach is announced to be Glen Mason. Gopherhole spontaneously combusts.

I like Kill, I think hes done an incredible job by cleaning up Brews crap. But you gotta be realistic, this is becoming an issue. Something has to be decided before the season is over. If he can do the job or not.

As far as using Skype to coach a team. Really? Have you even played organized football before? Recruits and players don't want to Skype with their coach during pre-games and halftimes. You might as well pop "Rudy" in the DVD player before every game and I'm sure it will have about the same inspirational pregame affect as Skyping before you hit the field. This is the Big Ten, not Tron Football 3000.

You need head coaches on the sideline and in the locker room. Basic. Bottom line. Its football.

I hope Jerry gets better, but something needs to be decided by seasons end.

Show where anyone said coaching through Skype...

Some of the posters on this board read what they want, smh... ignorance is bliss...

The discussion needs to be held and aired publicly. If Kill needs to take time off to get medically stabilized, so be it, if it's even possible. Coach's health aside, the biggest concern I have is how this will effect recruiting. A rebuilding team like Minnesota cannot afford to have a second lost year of recruiting out of four. Unfortunately this already looks like a non-happening recruiting year, before this latest episode.

I pray for coach Kill's health, but this is big business and Teague's job is not to care for Jerry Kill, it's to ensure success on the field. This is a tough, difficult situation. I feel for Kill, Teague and Gopher Football. Wish I knew what the answer was, but I don't.

Any discussion between the U/Teague and Kill do not need to be aired publicly. At least not until a decision is made.

That is unless you were referring only to fans.

Any discussion between the U/Teague and Kill do not need to be aired publicly. At least not until a decision is made.

That is unless you were referring only to fans.

19, if the discussion is only between fans, NO ONE would listen because everyone would be talking at the same time.

19, if the discussion is only between fans, NO ONE would listen because everyone would be talking at the same time.

You are around today. I thought maybe you were on vacation or hanging around the Walmart parking lot again.

Bring Back Parski!

Top Bottom