Mike Sanford hired as OC @ Colorado (who apparently have no idea what they are doing)

The first Sanford season is usually only a little worse than the one that preceded his arrival, so Colorado should be able to get up around -10 for a score against the Gophers next year.

And if I was…it would still be OK cause it isn’t that serious.

It isn't serious. Which makes your lashing out that much more odd. Question.....was it just me that you accused of having bad reading comprehension because I pointed out the errors in your thread?

If Colorado scores against the Gophers next year can we deem Sanford as a success at Colorado? Lol.
No, but we can count on PJ getting a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, if Colorado does score. ha

Last edited:

You're no fun. I was making a joke.
OK, question: Mr Stocker, we'd like you to be our offensive coordinator...we really only have one request...we like the QB to check with the sidelines, between every single play until just before the play clock hits zero and then most times we snap it. (Sometimes we take a timeout or get a delay penalty) Are you okay with that, Mr Stocker? It's important to us.

You taking the job? I'm not, unless my wife finds out the salary is greater than $500,000 and I'll have no choice but to say...Yes sir, I like that.
Kirk was doing it on his first PJ stint...will he do it in 2022?

It isn't serious. Which makes your lashing out that much more odd. Question.....was it just me that you accused of having bad reading comprehension because I pointed out the errors in your thread?
No. But you seem a little more worked up. Forgive and forget. Go have a beer.

Colorado's offense was so bad this year that Sanford will improve it meaningfully.

I feel for CO fans.

They lost a good coach and now have gone full absurdity.

That’s got to be rough.

The only 2 times he was an OC he made the offense worse. The only time he was a head coach he made the team way worse. What makes these people hire him is laughable. There are dozens of guys I’d hire ahead of him for that position.
I believe this is his fifth job as an OC.

Colorado's offense was so bad this year that Sanford will improve it meaningfully.
That's the big upside for him in this job. I don't think he can make make their offense any worse.

I hope that he goes on to have a very successful post-Minnesota career and finds a college quarterback with an absolute cannon of an arm that's capable of making some of his playbook work. I could see him being very successful with the next Patrick Mahomes.

How does this dude keep getting good employment? What on earth am I missing? He has ruined pretty much every QB he’s been within 100’ of.
Whenever I'm at a loss to explain things, I turn to ol' reliable - he must have pictures. :)

I believe this is his fifth job as an OC.
At Notre Dame and Boise St he didn’t call the plays. It’s like he gets credit and he wasn’t even the play caller. At Utah St and Minnesota he called the plays.

I'm gonna bet that's a PJ thing and Sanford doesn't do that.
Re-watched the Outback Bowl after the basketball game the other night. It was a bit hard to tell because they edit between plays, but I'm pretty sure they weren't checking most of the time. And they usually snapped the ball with 15 seconds or so on the play clock. Nothing like with Sanford.

They were obviously impressed by the beatdown Gophs put on them.
I guess it's that, and they probably didn't have a lot of other takers for a coordinator job under a seemingly lame duck HC. Perplexing how a person could interpret that stomping of the Buffs.. enforced by a dominant senior line and RBs repeatedly running at and pounding a weak defense.... as evidence of offensive playcalling prowess (because Sanford should get zero credit in his short stint for recruiting or development of those guys).

Nor is it clear why you would overlook the routine poor performances of his offense, QB regression, and lack of continuity (guessing his friends force him out the door and give the next coach a great endorsement). Why not roll the dice on a position coach instead of a guy who's had lots of chances and not much to show for it? But maybe this go around will be the time it clicks for Mike Jr.

Last edited:

Their OC hire thread after the announcement today is comedy gold

Lotta former coaches coming back to play on 2022.

Their OC hire thread after the announcement today is comedy gold

This one is good.

"So help me God CU better have a new HC this time next year. No way CU wins more than 2-3 games."

Or this
"Anytime you can grab the guy who ran the 98th best offense in FBS you pretty much have to do it."
🤣

Top Bottom