Mike Sanford hired as OC @ Colorado (who apparently have no idea what they are doing)

It will be interesting to see if a Sanford offense looks different when he is working under a different Head Coach.

There has always been some speculation on just how much of the offense was Sanford, and how much was Fleck's influence.

Now, to be sure, the "working with the QB" issues are all on Sanford.

But the overall tone of the offense with a heavy reliance on the run - how much of that is due to the Head Coach telling the OC what the Coach wants?

And what type of offense will be HC at Colorado want to run - and how well will Sanford work with a new head coach?

as Arte Johnson used to say on "Laugh-In," veeery interesting.

He was hired as the OC @ Buffalo. The thread title isn’t the issue. Reading comprehension for you may be

Is my reading comprehension poor....or did you post without thinking?

BOULDER — The wait is over. Colorado announced Friday that Mike Sanford Jr., 39, will be the team’s next offensive coordinator. Sanford most recently served as the offensive coordinator at Minnesota, but he was fired after this season, his second in the position. “The Colorado football program as well as the university itself stands for everything I value,” Sanford said…

Is my reading comprehension poor....or did you post without thinking?

BOULDER — The wait is over. Colorado announced Friday that Mike Sanford Jr., 39, will be the team’s next offensive coordinator. Sanford most recently served as the offensive coordinator at Minnesota, but he was fired after this season, his second in the position. “The Colorado football program as well as the university itself stands for everything I value,” Sanford said…

My bad dude. Hope you’re ok!

The only 2 times he was an OC he made the offense worse. The only time he was a head coach he made the team way worse. What makes these people hire him is laughable. There are dozens of guys I’d hire ahead of him for that position.

They were obviously impressed by the beatdown Gophs put on them. That was a fun weekend for a road trip game. The campus is gorgeous, and everyone was nice.

Wow, with the fantastic OL we have, experienced Qb, serviceable WRs, and stable of running backs our offense should have been a dream for an OC this year. We won lots of games despite Sanford pulling the whole offense down. The times the Offense clicked this year was rumored to be when someone other than Sanford was calling plays. I thought Sanford would have to take a step back to be a positional coach or take a step down to a lower level of football to remain an OC and Colorado hires him as an OC??? WTH????

This guy is basically a poor man's Jedd Fisch. Always lands on his feet. As someone who lived there, Boulder is definitely an upgrade...good for him.

Not so good for the Buffs IMO, but that is on them.

Top Bottom