MIKE MAX: TREVOR GETS 6th YEAR!!!!!!!!!! UPDATED: Officially Confirmed by the U!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Just reported on WCCO.

Go Gophers!!

How does Mike Max break this news?

I'm shocked he got the waiver though!

If this report is true, there is a lot to look forward to for the 2012-2013 Gopher BB team. I hope this report is confirmed very soon.

Possibly the best news for Gopher Basketball if it is true. This combined with the way our young team is performing deep in the NIT this year makes it easier to be a Gopher Basketball fan next year. Looking forward to it and may even buy student tickets if things continue to look up!

Go Gophers!

Smell that? That's the rest of the B1G shatting themselves.

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Sources told WCCO-TV’s Mike Max Thursday night that University of Minnesota star forward Trevor Mbakwe has been granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA.

Mbakwe tore his ACL early in the season and had been contemplating turning professional after the season. Now that he’s been granted another year of eligibility, it’s up to him if he decides to accept it play another season for the Gophers.

Mbakwe already has his undergraduate degree and is still pursuing at least one degree in graduate school. He led the Gophers in scoring and rebounding before his season-ending injury.

I'm not going to get to excited about this yet, as it wouldn't be the first time a "broken" news story has been wrong; but this would be huge news. I was fully convinced that Trevor wouldn't have the slightest chance to play here again. I really didn't think I could look forward to next year more. Does this mean that Ingram is gone then since he'll be playing behind Trevor? That'd be pretty unfortunate after the heart he has showed recently.

Just hope that he uses it. He still can decide to turn pro,but I would imagine if he applied, he take it.

Simply wonderful!! Here's to hoping he returns to Dinkytown for one more year of ball in the Barn!

After seeing this team really develop in the NIT, I think Trevor is back for sure (assuming this report is accurate).

Guys, it is Mike Max. Everyone take a deep breath. There will plenty of time for screaming on the way to the final four if this is true.

From Ken Lien:

"@mrbasketballmn: Trevor says he hasn't heard anything yet. So wonder where Mike Max is getting his info??"

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully this is true. Congrats Trevor. In any case, this shows that anyone claiming 98% certainty of what the NCAA will do will almost always look foolish.

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Sources told WCCO-TV’s Mike Max Thursday night that University of Minnesota star forward Trevor Mbakwe has been granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA.

Mbakwe tore his ACL early in the season and had been contemplating turning professional after the season. Now that he’s been granted another year of eligibility, it’s up to him if he decides to accept it play another season for the Gophers.

Mbakwe already has his undergraduate degree and is still pursuing at least one degree in graduate school. He led the Gophers in scoring and rebounding before his season-ending injury.

I'm saving this in case it turns out to be true and WCCO "updates their article". Max better know for damn sure this is true...

Tweet from the U:

"@MNGopherHoops: Still nothing concrete to tell everyone regarding @TMbakwe32. Will know more in the morning. #Gophers"

I'm saving this in case it turns out to be true and WCCO "updates their article". Max better know for damn sure this is true...

Try the link posted a few minutes ago.

"Page Not Found"

Awesome.

Maxie better be right - Rosen even tweeted it .

Tweet from the U:

"@MNGopherHoops: Still nothing concrete to tell everyone regarding @TMbakwe32. Will know more in the morning. #Gophers"

If the U is saying they will know more tomorrow- it's likely true. They don't want to jump ahead of an official announcement by the NCAA. If the U were reporting they knew nothing of it- that would be a concern.

Yep - link is no longer active.
We don't deserve this.

Where are the people that said there was zero chance he was going to get the sixth year now?

If the U is saying they will know more tomorrow- it's likely true. They don't want to jump ahead of an official announcement by the NCAA. If the U were reporting they knew nothing of it- that would be a concern.
+1

Top Bottom