Michigan HC Jim Harbaugh reportedly interviewing with the Vikings

harbaugh gone wednesday to MN, Mich promotes Gattis and makes Mike Hart OC. PJs name isn't coming up as he's not even remotely on their actual list

Folks in the Vikings subreddit spotted Jim at the airport:

ana1vyuweaf81.jpg

1/16/2022: Michigan fires their president for sexual inappropriateness
2/2(?)/2022: Michigan football coach officially quits

That's a lot of crap for the administration of a major university to deal with in a short time

Well this should be an interesting ride.

Going 8-9 with this team with Harbaugh will be more entertaining at least.

I wonder what the national media matchups will be for National TV games?

Bears / Vikings probably tops the list due to him playing there. The Monday night flashback oh Ditka chewing him out.

We don't get the Ravens or 49ers in 2022.

If it happens, a home-run hire for the new GM. Wonder how the Harbaugh and Cousins mesh.

Regarding Cousins, it can only get better, right?
Zimmer and Cousins barely talked.

Cousins was locked down.
Offense was locked down.

How could it be worse?

Going 8-9 with this team with Harbaugh will be more entertaining at least.

I wonder what the national media matchups will be for National TV games?

Bears / Vikings probably tops the list due to him playing there. The Monday night flashback oh Ditka chewing him out.

We don't get the Ravens or 49ers in 2022.
Kinda how I feel

major roster issues. Next season is now worth watching because it’ll be interesting regardless

not the only coach that could make it worth watching

Rams guy I’m probably not entertained next year

Regarding Cousins, it can only get better, right?
Zimmer and Cousins barely talked.

Cousins was locked down.
Offense was locked down.

How could it be worse?
I think I remember reading where Cousins and Zimmer had weekly one on one meetings.

Well, I know this for sure. Wednesday is going to be an interesting day.

After watching the Alex Boone piece on Hairball, I've went from some reservation to home run hire. So basic Minnesota fandom type stuff. If you have time, it's a good listen.

After watching the Alex Boone piece on Hairball, I've went from some reservation to home run hire. So basic Minnesota fandom type stuff. If you have time, it's a good listen.
What the heck is Hairball?

Sales of khaki pants are going to skyrocket.

All kidding aside, Jim Harbaugh may be a good hire. On KFAN, they said he has won everywhere he has coached.

Ok
Probably a smart move on Harbaugh's part. He's probably at his peak of marketability right now as the coach at Michigan.
you're right on. Everyone here knew he was gone, since December, was just a matter of where. Not sure MI will be promoting from within. Already talk of NFL types being heavily considered . As for me, I'm glad he's moving on. Not sure how he will do in Mpls, my main concern is how PJ will be able to take advantage, if at all.

Alex Boone took a lot of shots to the head.....he has interviews back when Harbaugh was fired and Boone was saying things like Harbuaghs persona ran thin with the team....hes an a#$...he was clinically insane....wanted too much, demanded too much expected too much

so while these new videos of him pumping Jim up...keep in mind he hated the guy when they fired him in san fran

So, if Mich loses to Ohio St. none of this happpens??? Life can change in a 60 min game.

So, if Mich loses to Ohio St. none of this happpens??? Life can change in a 60 min game.
If Michigan had lost to Ohio State again Harbaugh might have been leaving Michigan by their choice not his.

I don't think the Ohio State game had any impact on his attractiveness to NFL teams, it was probably more just a matter of him being willing to make the move back to the NFL. Apparently he has decided that now is the time to make the leap.

Doubt anyone in Michigan is shocked to see him interested in getting back to the NFL, that was probably the only place they ever worried about losing him to given his background.

Would Ohio State former player and coach Luke Fickell dare take that job?? I have to think no.

Matt Campbell on the other hand, for sure.

But if he's getting a look, I don't see why Fleck wouldn't also. :(
Personally, I don't see Fleck replacing Harbaugh, nothing other than a gut call, still unfinished business & substantial buy out. I could envision Fleck replacing whomever Harbaugh's successor is a few years down the road.

It's all fairly crazy how this played out. Harbaugh was going to be the savior. Came in and flopped so he took a pay cut. Has his best season ever and Michigan football thinks it's back. Then the Miami Dolphins wanted him but the UM alum running the show supposedly didn't want to hurt the UM program, so didn't go after him. Then the major coaching change wave in CFB is settled with most big names being hired and moving all over. Right before NSD, Jim heads to MN to essentially finalize contract details for the NFL and leaves Michigan high and dry. I don't feel sorry for UM at all, but i dont know where they go for a coaching hire now. I don't for a second think Fickell leaves for UM. I think he's only leaving for OSU. I get Michigan is a blue blood, but they've tried hiring within the program lately. I feel like that will have to change going forward.

What a shit show and yet I like Harbaugh more for it all.

If Michigan is happy about this. they have short memories of Rodriguez and Hoke
On the other hand, 1997 was the last time Michigan football had really mattered to the national CFB scene. Arguably 2021 was the first time since then, but the semi-final sort've exposed that.

Then again, would the same thing have happened to the 97 Mich team in a semi-final against #4 Florida State (ranked #4 going into bowls, ended season ranked #6 with Florida #4)?

On the other hand, 1997 was the last time Michigan football had really mattered to the national CFB scene. Arguably 2021 was the first time since then, but the semi-final sort've exposed that.

Then again, would the same thing have happened to the 97 Mich team in a semi-final against #4 Florida State (ranked #4 going into bowls, ended season ranked #6 with Florida #4)?
You don’t think the Michigan team mattered nationally this year? I strongly disagree

Top Bottom