Michigan HC Jim Harbaugh reportedly interviewing with the Vikings

You do have to remember they gave him a big pay cut a year ago. He got into a heated discussion with his AD about that and strained their relationship. Would they do that again?
he might have a problem with them, I don’t think they have a problem with him. Not really evidence to support either assertion

he might have a problem with them, I don’t think they have a problem with him. Not really evidence to support either assertion
You're 100% correct as to the evidence to support what I've said. I would think the current brass in place with the Vikings are going to attempt to prevent a repeat of what just took place as to people not communicating.

Which PJ? The real PJ, or the imposter with the glasses? You know there are two of them now...?
Non-glasses PJ hasn't shown up for a while. It is possible that the clone took over. I mean think about it, the real Fleck had many different outfits yet this one looks similar in every picture.
I wonder which one would beat the other. If there was one of them at Michigan and one at the U. I'm picking the one at the U. Preferably the one without glasses. He doesn't look like the robot PJ so muchly.

Is it me or this looking like its going to happen? If he was on the fence you think they would try to work around signing day.

Is it me or this looking like its going to happen? If he was on the fence you think they would try to work around signing day.

As long as the interview happens on Wednesday, I think it will be Harbaugh. Ryans is out, and they interviewed O'Connell and Morris again today.

If they didn't think Harbaugh was likely, I think they would have made an offer to one of those two today, and not wait to interview Harbaugh again on Wednesday.

Harbaugh and the Vikings wouldn't go through with this if he wasn't probably going to be the guy against 3 relative unknowns

Majority of Michigan's 2022 class already signed, just one commit listed on 247. But you have to think those 22 that signed already can't be thrilled to learn their head coach may be bailing before they even get to campus.

I heard on the radio this early morning that Harbaugh and the Forty-Niners GM did not see eye to eye. I wonder if he is a good fit in the so-called collaborative environment under Kwesi Adofo-Mensah.

Is it going to be a one-way collaborative train wreck, my way, or the highway?

I heard on the radio this early morning that Harbaugh and the Forty-Niners GM did not see eye to eye. I wonder if he is a good fit in the so-called collaborative environment under Kwesi Adofo-Mensah.

Is it going to be a one-way collaborative train wreck, my way, or the highway?
I've heard he's nothing but collaborative. The GM was a tool, which has been shown repeatedly since Harbaugh's SF days. At the end of the day, possible personality quirks aside, Harbaugh is an exceptional coach.

I don't care one single iota if he's aloof or how he may treat the media. The business is about one thing and that's winning games. And he does that a lot.

Look I may not like him or trust him as a coach, but if he gets the job I will support him just like I do everyone else.

There is no way he can go back to Michigan now though. It is Minnesota or Miami.

Look I may not like him or trust him as a coach, but if he gets the job I will support him just like I do everyone else.

There is no way he can go back to Michigan now though. It is Minnesota or Miami.
Practically my words. Have to trust the system. If Miami starts a bidding war, let him go to Miami.

We will find out soon enough if it is the Vikes or the Dolphins.

Either way, the Vikes have their hands full with the Kirk Cousins and salary cap predicaments that need to be addressed.

There is no way he can go back to Michigan now though.
It is Minnesota or Miami.
Bolded: why?

Just had their breakthrough season. Michigan comes back with a "make him an offer he can't refuse". $12M/year. Whatever.

Why can't he decide to stay?

Just had their breakthrough season. Michigan comes back with a "make him an offer he can't refuse". $12M/year. Whatever.

Because money isn't everything to someone who has already made a ton of it. He likely has other aspirations, including coaching in the NFL again and winning a Super Bowl.

Because money isn't everything to someone who has already made a ton of it. He likely has other aspirations, including coaching in the NFL again and winning a Super Bowl.
That is just fine, and could easily be the reason why he won't stay.

I'm merely saying, why would it be impossible that he could decide to stay? The post I was responding to made it sound like it was impossible.

He's #1 if he wants the job. He's won everywhere he goes. Kwesi was in that organization and saw first hand what the issues were at San Fran. If he had any concern, the name would have never come up.

44-19-1 in NFL
42-17 in B1G
Orange Bowl at Stanford
29-6 at San Diego in first job
QB Coach for Gannon at Oakland when he was MVP

Iowa State and Cincinnati better start fearing for their HC leaving.

He's #1 if he wants the job. He's won everywhere he goes. Kwesi was in that organization and saw first hand what the issues were at San Fran. If he had any concern, the name would have never come up.

44-19-1 in NFL
42-17 in B1G
Orange Bowl at Stanford
29-6 at San Diego in first job
QB Coach for Gannon at Oakland when he was MVP

Iowa State and Cincinnati better start fearing for their HC leaving.
Would Ohio State former player and coach Luke Fickell dare take that job?? I have to think no.

Matt Campbell on the other hand, for sure.

But if he's getting a look, I don't see why Fleck wouldn't also. :(

The timing is terrible -- I would be seriously ticked off if PJ Fleck was flying somewhere to interview on National Signing Day!! It sounds like something Glen Mason would have done!! lol.

The Feb signing day is kind of a relic now. Seems like a lot of the bustle has been moved up to Dec signing day?

The Feb signing day is kind of a relic now. Seems like a lot of the bustle has been moved up to Dec signing day?
Agreed. I think almost all of Michigan’s class (22 players) has already signed besides maybe one or two possible recruits.

Michigan made the offer, but they likely don't want him back. This is a clear sign he is leaving either now or in the next couple years. He hasn't been successful enough to let that go even if he is a Michigan Man.

That is BTW why some of us said he would never truly be successful there. First chance he gets he will look to get out. He seems to enjoy the pros more and Michigan is always going to struggle to beat Ohio state which is why the first time he beats them is basically the end of his tenure there.

If neither Miami or Minnesota hire him he will obviously go back, but any good will he had will be burned away and everyone will know he has one foot out the door. And if he has a backslide, then it gets real contentious.

If he is taking the steps to interview (not just take the call) that means he wants the job. If he wants to be in the NFL that means he isn't all that interested in staying at Michigan. His days are numbered and neither Michigan nor him want to do this every year.

If this was happening to us with Fleck, this forum would be burned to the ground.
The only way Harbaugh would fly to MN on signing day would be to sign his contract to become the new Vikings HC.

Would Michigan have any desire to pilfer the coach of the school rated #12?!?
Mind you, the gap between Minn #12, Rutgers #9, and Iowa #6 -- all with 18 commits -- is pretty thin.

Minn 86.5 avg rating 2 4*, Rutgers 87.7 avg 4 4*, Iowa 88.1 avg 1 5*, 1 4*

Iowa State has 22 commits, 86.5 avg 4 4*. Top Big XII class other than Texas and OU.

He took a pay cut and donated bonuses to others in the program. Obviously Michigan is fine with him leaving. He's currently making $4M. He will get $8-$10M here.

Top Bottom