Meatsauce on KFAN

I know there was some scuttlebut about KFAN being confused because the morning show had very high ratings, but they couldn't get advertisers like they thought they should.

Well, it's probably because most serious companies don't want their product spokesperson to be someone who talks about erections and buttholes all morning.

when you’re dumb you’re dumb. Listen to him on Vikings pre and post game. Not a bright man.
I’m afraid you’re correct. A few years ago, a guy was on that administered IQ tests to the whole morning crew. Meatsauce was the lowest score (A.J. was the highest). It’s possible it was a bit, but it didn’t feel like it. The guy wanted to just give the rankings and not their scores, but relented when all agreed to give the scores on the air.
I’ve basically quit listening to the show outside of the Initials Game Friday mornings that I still moderately enjoy. This game is something Sauce is pretty good at.

Well ya, but look how utterly dumb this nation has become. Go dumb, and you've instantly got a multitude of listeners.

Some people know not to take things so seriously.....or personally. Unfortunately there's been a lot of anger since last fall. These people have lost the ability to enjoy life. Too bad.

So who is this meat sauce person? I know about Barium and PA and both are a couple of cone heads not worthy of my time

I started listening about a 6-8 months ago. At first it was refreshing from the previous morning show that I would listen to. Then it became the same thing everyday "this wails," and "that wails." The dick/fart jokes got old. Then they get 9 people on there with most of them all talking at the same time. Argh...

If Paul Lambert while on air leaves his ‘moron’ bit. He’d be fired in 1 month.

If Paul Lambert while on air leaves his ‘moron’ bit. He’d be fired in 1 month.
He doesn't do the moron bit when he hosts Saturdays with Sauce. In fact, he's quite good.

Say what you will about KFAN, but they have SO improved the Gophers broadcasts over what they were on the old neighbor.

To be fair here.....Meatsauce is an equally opportunity hater. He's picked the Vikings to lose every game so far. Yes....he even picked them to lose to the Bengals.

To be fair here.....Meatsauce is an equally opportunity hater. He's picked the Vikings to lose every game so far. Yes....he even picked them to lose to the Bengals.
Unfortunately that does make him 2 for 2 haha

But point taken, I'm with you

I actually saw Meatsauce and the Common Man at one of their comedy shows and had some good laughs. Example: "The Twins have seen the other teams in the area doing great things for the community so they decided to start doing some things, too. The first thing they did was build parks for the local communities - their first one was Miguel Sano Park -- it comes with three swings and a bench!!" LOL

I would recommend it for around 20.00, but be forewarned -- they have this "Monday Night Football Guy" on there that is just awful. I like Meatsauce a lot more than some of the other guys they have on there. Some of their guys are just cringe-worthy and they have nobody that I REALLY like.

He doesn't do the moron bit when he hosts Saturdays with Sauce. In fact, he's quite good.

Say what you will about KFAN, but they have SO improved the Gophers broadcasts over what they were on the old neighbor.
Yeah. It’s almost like the games are on a sports and entertainment channel rather than a news channel made for the Greatest Generation

I actually saw Meatsauce and the Common Man at one of their comedy shows and had some good laughs. Example: "The Twins have seen the other teams in the area doing great things for the community so they decided to start doing some things, too. The first thing they did was build parks for the local communities - their first one was Miguel Sano Park -- it comes with three swings and a bench!!" LOL

I would recommend it for around 20.00, but be forewarned -- they have this "Monday Night Football Guy" on there that is just awful. I like Meatsauce a lot more than some of the other guys they have on there. Some of their guys are just cringe-worthy and they have nobody that I REALLY like.
The little bit I heard from Meatsauce and his comedy is essentially him swearing a lot. More awkward laughter than funny laughter.

I've found the best comedians seldom need to swear.

Yep, not a KFAN fan, but the bold is absolutely true.

That is true...I figured someone would bring him up.
I used to be a big Gaffigan guy but I think he's running out of material. All of the food jokes, lazy dad stories, and kid follies aren't so fresh any more.
I agree. His last special I saw - the one he did from Canada - wasn't all that good. Plus his wife is his writing partner, and after all they went through with her brain tumor and all...

For actual sports talk, Skor North is better. They're pretty light on the Gophers however and have beaten the Ben Simmons trade talk to death for months which has gotten old.

Did anyone catch what GNR lyric Grimmer decided he'd use this week? I think I heard it but I wasn't near a phone or computer to put it on Gopherhole. Now I forgot.

That is true...I figured someone would bring him up.
I used to be a big Gaffigan guy but I think he's running out of material. All of the food jokes, lazy dad stories, and kid follies aren't so fresh any more.

Gaffigan, when he's not onstage, but in "real life" and when he's doing some radio and/or podcasts does swear. He's been vocal about not hating other comics who do swear onstage. In fact he enjoys comics like Prior, Carlin, Jeff Ross, Sagat etc. who go "blue". Just that he knows that when he's hired that's not what he's expected to do.

One of the PTs new bits is that they hope the T-Wolves get sent to Vegas. That they'd be more likely to go to a game.

They troll. Don't take it seriously.

Gaffigan, when he's not onstage, but in "real life" and when he's doing some radio and/or podcasts does swear. He's been vocal about not hating other comics who do swear onstage. In fact he enjoys comics like Prior, Carlin, Jeff Ross, Sagat etc. who go "blue". Just that he knows that when he's hired that's not what he's expected to do.
Early in his career he swore a lot more, but realized it didn't really add anything. It's really weird to hear that really old stuff. He'll occasionally drop some casual profanity in his act just like many people do in everyday life.

Hahaha. I don't think anyone can dislike Cory hating on Wisconsin (the state as a whole). Talking about the Ryder Cup - "Can you imagine hopping on a plane from Europe and landing in Wisconsin? "This is America?" You just hop right back on the plane and go back." It's even better because of the fact that KFAN reaches the west side of Wisconsin.....and because many Sconnyites commute to the cities.

For actual sports talk, Skor North is better. They're pretty light on the Gophers however and have beaten the Ben Simmons trade talk to death for months which has gotten old.
I listed to SKOR for the couple months after rebrand before they got shut down to 1 hour of local content per day.

It's an example of why you can't talk sports 24/7.
How often can you discuss Kirk Cousins or a Ben Simmons trade that may never happen?

KFAN learned this years ago and it's why it's worked for them. You think you're listening to sports radio, but KFAN has about as much sports as ESPN television does.

Hahaha. I don't think anyone can dislike Cory hating on Wisconsin (the state as a whole). Talking about the Ryder Cup - "Can you imagine hopping on a plane from Europe and landing in Wisconsin? "This is America?" You just hop right back on the plane and go back." It's even better because of the fact that KFAN reaches the west side of Wisconsin.....and because many Sconnyites commute to the cities.
I didn't catch that but I love it.

I listed to SKOR for the couple months after rebrand before they got shut down to 1 hour of local content per day.

It's an example of why you can't talk sports 24/7.
How often can you discuss Kirk Cousins or a Ben Simmons trade that may never happen?

KFAN learned this years ago and it's why it's worked for them. You think you're listening to sports radio, but KFAN has about as much sports as ESPN television does.
It's worked for a lot of other entities because they realize that people hop around. When I turn on KFAN, I want sports. It doesn't have to be constant and it can be a break occasionally, I just don't really understand what anyone on that channel other than maybe Dan B brings to the table if it's not about sports. This only works for KFAN because it is Minnesota. None of the shows (outside of maybe Dan B. could ever be syndicated and none of them drive very much ad revenue. But that's okay, they are what they are and a lot of people like them. I'm just saying it's not a model that could be successful pretty much anywhere else.

Take Judd and Mackey, sure their bit gets old but I'd rather listen to just about anything other than those two talk about anything else. Even ESPN gets it, they are almost entirely sports. It usually is talking heads shows but I can't think of a single popular show on ESPN that isn't almost entirely sports. Even look at Pete McAfee's show, he's considerably more popular than anythign on KFAN (drives exponentially more revenue too), even he talks about sports way more than KFAN.

I'm not saying KFAN should change their formula. It definitely fits MN and hearing references to places we know and restaurants we've been always makes us feel warm and fuzzy, but it's not a model that would be successful anywhere else.

Top Bottom