Market Watch

Make sure you Lysol the gas pump and/or gas station attendant.
I’ll see if Les will front me a couple of quarts of Massengill in case I need to drench any waitresses.

Update - from its low point on Tuesday, the dow went up about 1200 points by the close.

One report stated that traders believe Trump will do some type of stimulus program, and the hope of a stimulus was enough to trigger some buying.

However, saw another report from a fund manager saying that he thinks this is still very unsettled and he expects volatility to continue for another month before things bottom out for good.

Relatively huge volatility ... I wonder if algo traders are killing it. Don't know what time resolution those predictions are made over.

SP500 up135.67 or 4.94 percent... Happy days are here again, we'll drink a cup of cheer again!

Update - from its low point on Tuesday, the dow went up about 1200 points by the close.

One report stated that traders believe Trump will do some type of stimulus program, and the hope of a stimulus was enough to trigger some buying.

However, saw another report from a fund manager saying that he thinks this is still very unsettled and he expects volatility to continue for another month before things bottom out for good.
Volatility begets more volatility. This is mostly short term traders making these moves, profiting off the violence.

Volatility begets more volatility. This is mostly short term traders making these moves, profiting off the violence.
God bless their vacant souls. And yours.

God bless their vacant souls. And yours.
They serve an important purpose. They add liquidity to the market. I’m not a day trader so my soul is quite intact.
market wouldn’t be moving this much if there weren’t fundamental considerations. But HFT add to the size and speed of the moves.

Jebus

Up 1000, down 1000, up 1000, down 1000

As of 12:45pm Central (Daylight) Time on Wednesday - Dow is down 1200 points to 13,700. That is flirting with Bear Market territory. I think the Dow needs to get under 13,600 or so to be down 20% from its high point - which is the definition of a bear market.

saw this quote:

"I'm not sure where the floor is," said Peter Tuchman, floor broker on the New York Stock Exchange for Quattro M. Securities. But comparisons to the 2007-2009 financial crisis are not helpful in this selloff, he added. "This has nothing to do with 2008. That was clearly a financial crisis, people were not panicked about their health and well being. That's what you have going on here," Tuchman said.

If you have time, I just can't possibly see what benefit there is for the average joe to convert shares to cash right now. Trying to game it, selling now then buying back at a lower price a month from now, is like rolling the dice in Vegas. Keep what you have. It's guaranteed to come back, eventually.

If you have some excess savings that you can live without, certainly you can load that in at some low-ish point in the near future. But no one knows when that is. Probably smarter to put it in periodically over the next few months, average out the spikes a bit.

If you have time, I just can't possibly see what benefit there is for the average joe to convert shares to cash right now. Trying to game it, selling now then buying back at a lower price a month from now, is like rolling the dice in Vegas. Keep what you have. It's guaranteed to come back, eventually.

If you have some excess savings that you can live without, certainly you can load that in at some low-ish point in the near future. But no one knows when that is. Probably smarter to put it in periodically over the next few months, average out the spikes a bit.
I do know this, though: I've had some of my retirement savings in non-stock funds, and once this feels like it's bottomed out, I'm getting all that back in.

Looks like we're aiming for 23.5 by close.

Plenty of bad news been hitting today, but it's not crashing. All we can do is see what tomorrow brings.

I do know this, though: I've had some of my retirement savings in non-stock funds, and once this feels like it's bottomed out, I'm getting all that back in.
Always a tricky call.

Down she goes. Another giant crash and automatic pause.

Wow. Alright, so we're in 21.x territory now.

When do I buy .... maybe sub-20 isn't so crazy after all.

The Wall Street stock exchange----> abandon all hope ye who enter here.

The pattern so far has been to take a steep dive at the start, then hold around there for the day.

So you could absolutely be right.

Saw a note - this is the 2nd-quickest drop ever from a record high to a bear market. the only drop into a bear market that took place in a shorter period of time was in 1931 - when there was this thing going on called the "Great Depression."

Speaking of great depressions, I'm working on one right now as I contemplate my retirement accounts going into the sh*tter. I don't drink, so I can't cope that way. I have had about 5 shamrock shakes this week - but at least I'm helping to support the Ronald Mc Donald houses.

The pattern so far has been to take a steep dive at the start, then hold around there for the day.

So you could absolutely be right.
Monday morning will be another blood bath.

Looks like fed tried to hijack the market to force it up, but doesn’t seemed to have worked. Dow back down to 21.5 area.

HOLY COW, SP500 down 216 at this point. Sports events--the conference tournaments, the NCAA tournament, the NBA all canceled. How about other sporting events--the NHL? Baseball spring training games? And similar cancellations elsewhere in the economy. The market crash seems justified.

HOLY COW, SP500 down 216 at this point. Sports events--the conference tournaments, the NCAA tournament, the NBA all canceled. How about other sporting events--the NHL? Baseball spring training games? And similar cancellations elsewhere in the economy. The market crash seems justified.
NHL season suspended. MLB season postponed. Nascar is racing with no fans. That might be the one sport that won't cancel since the drivers don't need to come into contact with each other. But I won't watch Nascar. You can't make me. Same with golf.

It's happening. This is a once in a decade investment opportunity. Get your cash ready.

21.2 currently, been around 21.5 most of the day.

Anybody know if the Eric Trump Investment Advisors Group is still rating “strong buy”?

It's happening. This is a once in a decade investment opportunity. Get your cash ready.
Not so fast. Newton's first law of motion is often stated as. An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motionwith the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

Top Bottom