Mar’Keise Irving enters the transfer portal

Found my silver lining.... It's in a glass jar filled with real smokey mountain Korn likker.... I'll be on the b.b. board pissing people off if y'all's need me

This one sucks but it’s the new world of college athletics.

I've had a few minutes, and now I realize that this means:

1. Mo is back to all-American form
2. Bryce is completely healed from his broken leg
3. Potts is going to be cleared to play
4. Zach Evans is a beast

That's three super experienced RBs and one up-and-coming freshman. I feel better!

We went from 2 pairs n a spare 2 a pair n a tank. I have always liked Mo on / off the field but having our 2 lead RB's coming off medical issues is concerning.

We went from 2 pairs n a spare 2 a pair n a tank. I have always liked Mo on / off the field but having our 2 lead RB's coming off medical issues is concerning.
It's not ideal.

This was my first thought (of course my thoughts aren't worth anything). There was tweet or whatever it was, in the Nubin thread that Zach juked him on the first play, then the 2nd play it was a 5-yard loss. If a freshman like him can do that among all the other things in practice that I have no idea about, maybe it isn't a sky is falling scenario. Bucky was and will be one of my favorites, just because I loved him beating shitsconsin and their nickname.
Very disappointed to see him go, but hopefully it isn't family sickness related and good luck for everything in the future.

This was my first thought (of course my thoughts aren't worth anything). There was tweet or whatever it was, in the Nubin thread that Zach juked him on the first play, then the 2nd play it was a 5-yard loss. If a freshman like him can do that among all the other things in practice that I have no idea about, maybe it isn't a sky is falling scenario. Bucky was and will be one of my favorites, just because I loved him beating shitsconsin and their nickname.
Very disappointed to see him go, but hopefully it isn't family sickness related and good luck for everything in the future.
big bummer. very disappointed.

The timing is weird if it’s just because the RB room is crowded. He’s known that for awhile. And he doesn’t give himself as many opportunities at this point in the year.

I feel like there’s got to be something else to it.

It makes you wonder if there is illegal tampering going on. New role for bagmen to do secret subterfuge? There is a place where pots of gold are just waiting for the taking. Half-kidding aside, this one hurts. We will get over it quickly.

Crapola! :poop:

Last edited:

Ya, either it is some type of emergency or he is really, really unhappy about something.
Finish spring football...sit down, discuss it if you still feel the same way and then go.
No advantage to him leaving now if he's just unhappy.
The portal does make it awfully easy to quit.
Maybe PJ just recruited too many guys better?

Ya, either it is some type of emergency or he is really, really unhappy about something.
Finish spring football...sit down, discuss it if you still feel the same way and then go.
No advantage to him leaving now if he's just unhappy.
The portal does make it awfully easy to quit.
Maybe PJ just recruited too many guys better?
I don't see situation where bucky didn't have a big role even if he didn't start.

We may never know full reasons

I don't see situation where bucky didn't have a big role even if he didn't start.

We may never know full reasons
You’re joking right…Mo had 30 carries in 2.5 quarters in the Ohio state game before being hurt. He’s gonna get 80% of the carries this year again just like last year whether the gophers are winning or losing they gonna run the ball.

You’re joking right…Mo had 30 carries in 2.5 quarters in the Ohio state game before being hurt. He’s gonna get 80% of the carries this year again just like last year whether the gophers are winning or losing they gonna run the ball.
Or maybe Fleck learned something last year and will adjust.

I wonder if this will have any effect on our new recruit Darius Taylor? He was a Bucky disciple.

Not joking.

Can't imagine the plan is to give Mo, coming off major injury, 30 carries game.

Also think bucky could've had role in passing game.

It's a loss, but I think we'll be ok

Sucks, but this is the new environment now. Every team has to deal with roster fluidity created by the portal.

Sucks, but this is the new environment now. Every team has to deal with roster fluidity created by the portal.
Following Gopher football is going to be like following the Twins....tons of new players every year.

Top Bottom