Mar’Keise Irving enters the transfer portal

Not joking.

Can't imagine the plan is to give Mo, coming off major injury, 30 carries game.

Also think bucky could've had role in passing game.

It's a loss, but I think we'll be ok
It would be great if that were the plan but they don’t pass the ball that much and they run the ball with 1 back a lot. It is what it is and Fleck ain’t changing.

Potts & Ky Thomas are solid, but limited athletically. Irving was the best of the 3 and this is a huge loss. I’d like to ask the HC how this kid decided to walk out the door at this point. Retaining your good players is every bit as important as signing them.

If anyone thinks that players do not put out feelers and coaches do not respond believes in the Easter Bunny.
It will interesting to see how long it takes for him to find a new FB home.

Like the NFL, RBs can be replaced if you have the guys on the OL to make their job easy. If we can get guys to open holes up front it won't matter as much if it's Mo/ Potts/ Williams/ Irving (not anymore obviously)/ Evans (who could be in line for a huge role when Mo and Potts are done) behind them

Fleck took personal offense to our offense last year and blamed himself.

Maybe when Fleck told the team we are going to throw it 50 times a games this year, a few of the backs said, "no thanks!"

I've had a few minutes, and now I realize that this means:

1. Mo is back to all-American form
2. Bryce is completely healed from his broken leg
3. Potts is going to be cleared to play
4. Zach Evans is a beast

That's three super experienced RBs and one up-and-coming freshman. I feel better!
And we might add another top notch freshman … or an experienced transfer. Hate that college football is like this now, but every disappointment like this opens up another opportunity to improve.

If anyone thinks that players do not put out feelers and coaches do not respond believes in the Easter Bunny.
It will interesting to see how long it takes for him to find a new FB home.
Do people think Bucky wouldn't find a home?

Potts & Ky Thomas are solid, but limited athletically. Irving was the best of the 3 and this is a huge loss. I’d like to ask the HC how this kid decided to walk out the door at this point. Retaining your good players is every bit as important as signing them.
If they don't want to wait their turn or feel good enough about competing head-on in a system that developed them, I would say more power to them and leave. Bucky was trusted into service out of necessity and got a taste of success.

If Thomas and Irving feel they have a better deal elsewhere, then go. There is no turning back.

Hopefully, no one regrets leaving a familiar system that has nurtured them. Boye Mafe is a good example of an athlete that kept getting better in the system each season.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

It makes you wonder if there is illegal tampering going on. New role for bagmen to do secret subterfuge?
I think it amounts to Bucky seeing a full RB room with a buttload of competition for playing time... and he wants to go somewhere where he can be the featured back. That was never going to happen this season here... and with Evans in the fold, it might never have happened. He saw the writing on the wall and bolted for greener pastures.

It’s all because they tried to call him “Bucko”

Very disappointing. I thought he brought more versatility to the position that Potts and even Mo (GASP). Good luck Bucko

Irving had the quickness, but he wasn't especially strong. It could be the coaches told him that he was not seen as the every-down TB, and he wants to go somewhere where he can be the #1 guy.

To me, this is on Fleck.

He doesnt dare pull players that he sees as his sons or something.

He probably anointed Mo as the starter despite not knowing how he’ll be once hes fully back and made Potts #2 bc of his courage to come back.

Just like he wouldnt pull Morgan despite playing like crap.

Awful coaching that he wasn't already named the starter ahead of Ibrahim and Potts for next season
Wait!
shallowhal-jack-black.gif

I've had a few minutes, and now I realize that this means:

1. Mo is back to all-American form
2. Bryce is completely healed from his broken leg
3. Potts is going to be cleared to play
4. Zach Evans is a beast

That's three super experienced RBs and one up-and-coming freshman. I feel better!
kermit.gif

Fleck took personal offense to our offense last year and blamed himself.

Maybe when Fleck told the team we are going to throw it 50 times a games this year, a few of the backs said, "no thanks!"
If anyone on the team takes Fleck seriously for saying that, I don't want him on the team!

Maybe Bucko wasn’t blocking well…

To me, this is on Fleck.

He doesnt dare pull players that he sees as his sons or something.

He probably anointed Mo as the starter despite not knowing how he’ll be once hes fully back and made Potts #2 bc of his courage to come back.

Just like he wouldnt pull Morgan despite playing like crap.
None of us know why he is transferring, so to place blame without any knowledge is silly.

And who did you want to see play in place of Morgan last year?

Very disappointing. I thought he brought more versatility to the position that Potts and even Mo (GASP). Good luck Bucko
I don't think many will argue he was more versatile than Mo. You can't tell me you'd pick him over Mo to be your guy THIS YEAR though (assuming Mo is healthy). That's why the injury sucks so hard right now... No injury -> we might be 11-2 instead of 9-4 last year and Bucky might be coming back. If ifs and buts we're candy and nuts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom