Losers ,Tubby has to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me introduce you two. Whathavewedone meet notagopherfan. notagopherfan meet Whathavewedone. Both of you are Kentucky fans. Now that you both KNOW that.......and then there is nuggett also a Kentucky fan. Now you three are introduced to one another.

Let me introduce you two. Whathavewedone meet notagopherfan. notagopherfan meet Whathavewedone. Both of you are Kentucky fans. Now that you both KNOW that.......and then there is nuggett also a Kentucky fan. Now you three are introduced to one another.

Let me make an actually needed introduction for you. First grasp both
your shoulders firmly then tug forcefully. Now after you hear a loud
popping sound and are suddenly accosted by a bright light, you can
be fairly certain that you've extricated your cranium from your rectum.
After your eyes adjust to the brightness, look around you for the
conspicuous sight of another moron with his head firmly inserted up
his backside. If you can get a couple of other fellows to help you
dislodge his head, you can then greet Doc. Don with a hearty handshake.

Is there something wrong with being a Ky fan?
Or a Gopher fan? How about a fan of ANY school ?

So what some can be fans of multiple schools.

As for cheating

In all of Ky's Final Fours how many have been taken away?
Between KY and Minn. who has actually had a Final Four Taken away?

Between Cal and Tubby which coach has been found of wrong doing? Not in the court of fans opinions
but in a court of law?

Which school has had players in trouble with the legal system as of late?

I find it funny how the finger gets pointed at Ky for having problems from a Minn fan when
Minn is the school that has actually had some problems. Again, not in opinion but in
actual fact.

Point being that what Tubby is or isn't doing at Minn. has NOTHING to do with Ky. NOTHING
What Tubby is or isn't doing has NOTHING to do with whether someone is a fan of another
school or 10 other schools for that matter. NOTHING

Let me add this now that I am a little calmer.
Sorry if the last post offended anyone.

Fans from all different schools come to KY boards everyday.
As long as they are civil we are glad to engage in b ball discussion with any of them.
Because someone is a fan of another school also it should make a difference.
I have never been rude to anyone on purpose here except FOT and he deserved it due to the way he acted.

Anyway, I do enjoy discussing college b ball about a great many teams and Minn happens to be one
of them because your coach was our coach for 10 years. Thus a common thread.

Thanks

Let me add this now that I am a little calmer.
Sorry if the last post offended anyone.

Fans from all different schools come to KY boards everyday.
As long as they are civil we are glad to engage in b ball discussion with any of them.
Because someone is a fan of another school also it should make a difference.
I have never been rude to anyone on purpose here except FOT and he deserved it due to the way he acted.

Anyway, I do enjoy discussing college b ball about a great many teams and Minn happens to be one
of them because your coach was our coach for 10 years. Thus a common thread.

Thanks

I guess I'm sort of a closet Gopher fan because of Tubby. I watch most of their games. It's an uphill battle for the Gophers. They are in a tough conference but I still contend Tubby has done a good job there. It could be better but it could worse as well. I think the arrow is pointing up for the gophers. Not many conferences have 5 teams that have won a national title. So there's a lot of pride and good history in the Big 10 but the gophers are at least 6th in terms of historical accomplishments. Just a little more than a year ago you were ranked 15th in the country then the wheels fell off. You have to admit, it's been a while since you were ranked 15th. People that don't see that Tubby has done a good job though just aren't looking at all the facts.

I think finishing the year in the top 20, mostly top 10 8 out of 10 years is far better than Lou or Rolle ever did. 5 conference titles.. 5 sec tournament titles. 3 elite 8's, a national championship. Neither one of those guys had a run that good.

I took exception with your assertion as it pertains to African-American head coaches first and foremost. No offense, but Tubby cannot compete on the level of Thompson and Richardson in terms of career accomplishments and both men are deservedly recognized as HoF in the Naismith and CBB respectively. The only reason Richardson isn't in the Naismith is because of his volatile personality and his outspokenness in my opinion. Carnesseca is in Nasimith too btw. John Chaney, for example, is credited as an innovator and he did more with less @ Temple than other men could even though he never broke through in the Final Four.

Tubby's a good coach who won a title through a combination of factors. The fact that his tenure at Kentucky ended like it did, he hasn't been able to replicate that first year success and his struggles at Minnesota just doesn't showcase "greatness". He's a good coach, who'll hand around long enough to rack up the wins and eventually get into the CBB Hall. But would you honestly even rank him among the Top 100 CBB coaches of all time?

No he couldn't. That's just stupid. Tubby coached in the SEC where Florida won the National Championship in two of those years.

Yes, because Donovan signed players like Corey Brewer who Tubby said was too skinny for Div 1 basketball. Here is why Tubby was driven out of KY:
*Set the school record for consecutive years (9) not appearing in the Final Four
*First coach to have 2 consecutive 10+ loss seasons.
*First coach to have 3 consecutive 10+ loss seasons.
*First coach to have 5 10+ loss seasons.
*First time failing to beat a ranked opponent since 1974.
*First time losing four straight to an SEC opponent since 1980.
*First time losing five straight to an SEC opponent since 1977.
*First time ever losing six straight to an SEC opponent.
*Most Home losses than any UK coach
*First season sweep by Vanderbilt in 32 years.
*First time since 1974 losing 4 straight to Vanderbilt and only the second time in UK history.
*First loss to Ole Miss in Lexington since 1927.
*First (and only) coach to have 4 SEC losses in one year in Rupp Arena.
*Most losses over a two year period (outside of probation) in UK history
*Worst home loss since 1992 (105-88 to Arkansas).
*Worst loss to Indiana ever (26 points)
*Worst Senior Day loss since 1919.
*First third place SEC finish since expansion.
*First fourth place SEC finish since expansion.
*First time going an entire regular season without beating a ranked opponent since 1974.
*First and Second time UK played on the opening day of the SEC Tournament since the league split into divisional play (1992).
*First time since 1936 not getting to the SEC tourney finals in consecutive years.
*First time since the NCAA tourney was expanded to 64 teams in 1984 that UK did not get past the second round in consecutive seasons.
*First time since the NCAA tourney was expanded to 64 teams in 1984 that UK did not get past the second round in 3 out of 4 seasons.
*First coach never to have either an athletic or academic All-American.
*Worst number of weeks having a team ranked #1 (1).
*First time (except probation) UK finished back to back seasons unranked since 1959-1961 (46 years).
*47% of players do not see their Senior year at UK.
*Fewest NBA draft picks of any coach with at least 5 years (only 2 1st rounders in 10 years)

I took exception with your assertion as it pertains to African-American head coaches first and foremost. No offense, but Tubby cannot compete on the level of Thompson and Richardson in terms of career accomplishments and both men are deservedly recognized as HoF in the Naismith and CBB respectively. The only reason Richardson isn't in the Naismith is because of his volatile personality and his outspokenness in my opinion. Carnesseca is in Nasimith too btw. John Chaney, for example, is credited as an innovator and he did more with less @ Temple than other men could even though he never broke through in the Final Four.

Tubby's a good coach who won a title through a combination of factors. The fact that his tenure at Kentucky ended like it did, he hasn't been able to replicate that first year success and his struggles at Minnesota just doesn't showcase "greatness". He's a good coach, who'll hand around long enough to rack up the wins and eventually get into the CBB Hall. But would you honestly even rank him among the Top 100 CBB coaches of all time?

I agree with Thompson but, looking at accomplishments, Tubby and Richardson are not that different. Both have about the same wins and winning percentage. Richardson has more Final 4 appearances, Tubby has more Sweet 16 appearances. I'm not claiming that Tubby has been a better coach than Richardson was, but its not out of the question for someone to say their accomplishments are pretty similar.

All this thread has made me do, is really hate Kentucky. I didn't feel that way before.

All this thread has made me do, is really hate Kentucky. I didn't feel that way before.
I'm with ya. Two Kentucky fans that feel they need to be vindicated when it comes to Tubby, and one that tries to defend him. All 3 of them trying to tell us how we should feel, since Kentucky fans are obviously superior to Minnesota fans.

Kentucky's claim to fame is the invention of the toothbrush. If it would have been invented anywhere else it would have been called a teethbrush.

Kentucky's claim to fame is the invention of the toothbrush. If it would have been invented anywhere else it would have been called a teethbrush.

I roadtripped down to Alabama for a music festival with some friends last spring. After driving all night, we stopped at a truck stop in Smiths Grove, KY off of I-65. I had just woken up (obviously slept through Indiana) and could have sworn we were in a foreign country when I entered the building. Let's just say we weren't from 'rooound there.

I'm with ya. Two Kentucky fans that feel they need to be vindicated when it comes to Tubby, and one that tries to defend him. All 3 of them trying to tell us how we should feel, since Kentucky fans are obviously superior to Minnesota fans.

I personally like notagopherfan, ironically he seems to be a bigger Gopher fan than some other posters on here, he has nice things to say about our players and has hope for the future, which is more than can be said for some. The whole vindication thing doesn't make sense to me; how many Gopher fans have joined the Long Beach State board to bash Monson and laugh at his failures? Why would someone get such satisfaction from seeing their favorite team's former coach perform at a lower level than expected?

I personally like notagopherfan, ironically he seems to be a bigger Gopher fan than some other posters on here, he has nice things to say about our players and has hope for the future, which is more than can be said for some. The whole vindication thing doesn't make sense to me; how many Gopher fans have joined the Long Beach State board to bash Monson and laugh at his failures? Why would someone get such satisfaction from seeing their favorite team's former coach perform at a lower level than expected?
Well Monson isn't failing. He is in first place in his conference undefeated. Notagopherfan is Friend of Tubby. He was here before bragging about how Tubby would have us competing for conference championships in three years. He had to leave when he was ridiculed endlessly. Changed his name and here he is. Conning more people.

Hating KY fans isn't going to change his record there. Mediocre for their program leaving it in much worse shape than when he took it over. That is indisputable.

Well Monson isn't failing. He is in first place in his conference undefeated. Notagopherfan is Friend of Tubby. He was here before bragging about how Tubby would have us competing for conference championships in three years. He had to leave when he was ridiculed endlessly. Changed his name and here he is. Conning more people.

Hating KY fans isn't going to change his record there. Mediocre for their program leaving it in much worse shape than when he took it over. That is indisputable.

I think the fall of the KY program under Tubby Smith is a bit overblown. His first 8 seasons at Kentucky, he won the NCAA, went to two Elite 8's, two Sweet 16's, finished 1st in the SEC 5 times and 2nd twice. It's impossible to ride on someone's coattails for 8 years. He had a couple rough seasons (by KY standards at the end) which is why he was let go. Lets see if Calipari's first 8 seasons are as succesful as Tubby's first 8 years.

Thanks.. I am not a huge gopher fan but since Tubby is there I will watch you guys. I had an interest in MN basketball when Clem was there since he's a Western KY Alum as is much of my family. I am not this Friend of Tubby person you speak of but i do remember seeing posts from this person but i aint him. In terms of Tubby's performance at MN, the if factor makes one wonder with the unfortunate injuries the last 2 seasons. If you got back to end of Jan 2011 I think most people were pretty satisfied. MN was ranked #18 and 5-3 in the Big 10.

If somehow Kentucky lost it's 2 best guards Doron Lamb and Marquis Teauge.. we'd be screwed too. Going forward there are plenty of guards for the Gophers and they are good ones too.

Thanks.. I am not a huge gopher fan but since Tubby is there I will watch you guys. I had an interest in MN basketball when Clem was there since he's a Western KY Alum as is much of my family. I am not this Friend of Tubby person you speak of but i do remember seeing posts from this person but i aint him. In terms of Tubby's performance at MN, the if factor makes one wonder with the unfortunate injuries the last 2 seasons. If you got back to end of Jan 2011 I think most people were pretty satisfied. MN was ranked #18 and 5-3 in the Big 10.

If somehow Kentucky lost it's 2 best guards Doron Lamb and Marquis Teauge.. we'd be screwed too. Going forward there are plenty of guards for the Gophers and they are good ones too.

Come to think of it I think Friend of Tubby got banned. No wonder you won't admit it. Please stop with the what if's and might have been's. If you lost your two guards you would not go 1-10 in your last 11 conference games. Injuries happen. I don't recall Brewster getting a break when Decker was hurt and MN lost games. All I ask is for a top half of the conferecne finish in 5 years. That too much to ask for from such a great coach FOT??

minngg said:
Come to think of it I think Friend of Tubby got banned. No wonder you won't admit it. Please stop with the what if's and might have been's. If you lost your two guards you would not go 1-10 in your last 11 conference games. Injuries happen. I don't recall Brewster getting a break when Decker was hurt and MN lost games. All I ask is for a top half of the conferecne finish in 5 years. That too much to ask for from such a great coach FOT??

You get pissed when people throw shots at you but have no problem throwing immature insults at everyone else. It's no wonder no one really like ya, huh Whathavewedone? <- see, I can do that too!

I think the fall of the KY program under Tubby Smith is a bit overblown. His first 8 seasons at Kentucky, he won the NCAA, went to two Elite 8's, two Sweet 16's, finished 1st in the SEC 5 times and 2nd twice. It's impossible to ride on someone's coattails for 8 years. He had a couple rough seasons (by KY standards at the end) which is why he was let go. Lets see if Calipari's first 8 seasons are as succesful as Tubby's first 8 years.

Lets see if Calipari's first 5 seasons are as successful as Tubby's first 5 here.

You get pissed when people throw shots at you but have no problem throwing immature insults at everyone else. It's no wonder no one really like ya, huh Whathavewedone? <- see, I can do that too!

maybe your insults would be more effective if you could keep straight whom your posting to.

Seems like rational expectation can't find a home here. I don't expect Tubby to make the Gophers a perrenial power. But it just seems to me that IF he is a HOF coach, it's reasonable to expect him to take the program to another level. To make it into a team that contends for the conf. upon occasion. And that 5 yearws of basically a broken record is NOT what the money was dished out for.

I sometimes have to remind myself that it's Kentucky fans on our board that hate Tubby so bad. It strikes me how maniacal they are. Chasing him out of Kentucky was not enough. Now they feel compelled to chase him out of Minnesota, when it's not even their team. To see these losers with hundreds of posts on our board all bashing Tubby paints a picture of an unhealthy obsession. If Tubby got cancer they'd celebrate. This thread has really made me hate Kentucky, I will root against them every chance I get.

Seems like rational expectation can't find a home here. I don't expect Tubby to make the Gophers a perrenial power. But it just seems to me that IF he is a HOF coach, it's reasonable to expect him to take the program to another level. To make it into a team that contends for the conf. upon occasion. And that 5 yearws of basically a broken record is NOT what the money was dished out for.

You're not a Minnesota fan right? Then no one cares about your opinion. stfu and go back to your own board. Where are the moderators of this site? Time to take out the trash GopherHole staff.

GopherHole staff, more Kentucky trash, please get these losers off our board.

Is there something wrong with being a Ky fan?
Or a Gopher fan? How about a fan of ANY school ?

So what some can be fans of multiple schools.

As for cheating

In all of Ky's Final Fours how many have been taken away?
Between KY and Minn. who has actually had a Final Four Taken away?

Between Cal and Tubby which coach has been found of wrong doing? Not in the court of fans opinions
but in a court of law?

Which school has had players in trouble with the legal system as of late?

I find it funny how the finger gets pointed at Ky for having problems from a Minn fan when
Minn is the school that has actually had some problems. Again, not in opinion but in
actual fact.

Point being that what Tubby is or isn't doing at Minn. has NOTHING to do with Ky. NOTHING
What Tubby is or isn't doing has NOTHING to do with whether someone is a fan of another
school or 10 other schools for that matter. NOTHING

GopherHole staff, more Kentucky trolls, please take out the trash.

Lets see if Calipari's first 5 seasons are as successful as Tubby's first 5 here.

Of course, MN and Kentucky basketball programs are very comparable. My brain hurts every time I read your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom