Limegrover is a chicken sh**

gopherdiehard

Reaction score
how can you ever expect to win a game if you dont let ur qb try and make a drive at the end of the half... does he not realize they get the ball to start.. does he not realize leidner has only thrown 1 incomplete pass.. does he not realize the defense has ten in the box... sob that guy is awful.. u cannot i repeat cannot over power big ten teams like they are new mexico state.. here try this, go empty backfield and DONT run a qb draw that will boggle defensive coordinators minds! God i hate ur offense limegrover, id rather run GA techs option bull*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.. i love how the analysts were ripping him at halftime.. now we fall behind 21--7 and put all the pressure in the world on leidner thats how you break a kids confidence and screw us down the road.. thanks for being awful limegrover

relax buddy. relax. agree he should've thrown deep on 2nd down. no risk other than a pick as you could still run out the clock on 3rd down if you're incomplete. but run on first down, when we don't really have the playmakers to get open, especially on the road, is pretty standard. we are still in this game. let the crucifying take place after the game

That was a little harsh. I may be the only one not calling for Limegrover's head, but I agree. We need more than a QB draw. Up the middle every play is ot working. Doesn't mean we need to abandon it, but its not illegal to work the ball outside to mix it up once in a while.

Maybe he knows our redshirt freshman qb and young wr's aren't up to driving 70 yards in a minute in a half against Michigan's defense.
Maybe since he sees them every day in practice, he knows what they are capable of handling.
Maybe he is trying to put them in the best position to win.
But thanks for your contribution.

Didn't like tone.....but can't disagree with any of the rant.

how do you know if they are not up to it if u never put him in a spot to succeed. i understand that we dont want a pick 6.. but if he has that little confidence in our offense then the game is already over. yes we are not as talented as most teams i get that but if thats the case then you have to be more creative.. do you not? either way being behind and kneeling the ball on the 30 with a minute and a half with three timeouts is not smart unless ur an option offense..
i apologize for my tone but thats just a frustrated minnesotan

oh real shocker they score a touchdown to open the half and now the real pressure is on leidner.. thanks matt

Maybe he knows our redshirt freshman qb and young wr's aren't up to driving 70 yards in a minute in a half against Michigan's defense.
Maybe since he sees them every day in practice, he knows what they are capable of handling.
Maybe he is trying to put them in the best position to win.
But thanks for your contribution.

He isn't trying to put them in a position to win. He is trying to putting them in a position to not get blown out.

He isn't trying to put them in a position to win. He is trying to putting them in a position to not get blown out.

Completely agree with this. I'm not expecting great things from Limegrover, but the idea of limping into halftime just reeks of complacency.

Completely agree with this. I'm not expecting great things from Limegrover, but the idea of limping into halftime just reeks of complacency.

I agree with this too. You got the feeling Michigan was starting to find it on the last drive, and with them getting the ball to start the second half I would have liked too have seen a little more urgency from us. The game was over with that decision. If the coaches are afraid to give the players a shot then why even show up?

leidner is trying his best to make up for limegrovers shortcomings.. oh btw nice call on the field goal too you idiots

We all want it to be better immediately, I understand the frustration.
Playing conservative, although frustrating, is hardly an indefensible strategy and is far from chicken*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.
I remember a game against Northwestern when a coach played aggressively and got crucified for it. Just something to think about.

Playing conservative, although frustrating, is hardly an indefensible strategy and is far from chicken*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.
I remember a game against Northwestern when a coach played aggressively and got crucified for it. Just something to think about.

Was that our fake punt on 4th and 17? That's not aggressive. That's stupid.

Would rather lose big anyday and be aggressive, than this passive, "keep the score low" so its not so embarrassing crap that Kill and company seem to love. At least it shows you believe in your players to make plays and try to win the game instead of "playing not to lose".

Would rather lose big anyday and be aggressive, than this passive, "keep the score low" so its not so embarrassing crap that Kill and company seem to love. At least it shows you belive in your players to make plays and try to win the game instead of "playing not to lose".

Sad thing is that it still isn't close.

Matt Limegrover: All Passive, No Aggressive. Just awful.

Would rather lose big anyday and be aggressive, than this passive, "keep the score low" so its not so embarrassing crap that Kill and company seem to love. At least it shows you believe in your players to make plays and try to win the game instead of "playing not to lose".

If that's the case then bring back Brewster! Had no idea how to win games but at least he played aggressive!

The talent is not great...the coaches have a system that will eek 6 wins out of this team. What do you expect?

Conservative all game until the early 4th quarter down by 2 scores. Then he calls 3 deep passes in a row and goes 3 and out. Way too conservative, then way too aggressive. That 1st quarter long drive was a fluke. Limegrover has no sense of game management or offensive balance.

If that's the case then bring back Brewster! Had no idea how to win games but at least he played aggressive!

The talent is not great...the coaches have a system that will eek 6 wins out of this team. What do you expect?
This team isn't beating Indiana, maybe Penn State.

Yeah everyone said the same thing last year around this time and they found a way to win 2. Nobody in the BIG is good except tOSU and maybe UW. Can pull out a win on any given day against anyone else on the schedule.

Yeah everyone said the same thing last year around this time and they found a way to win 2. Nobody in the BIG is good except tOSU and maybe UW. Can pull out a win on any given day against anyone else on the schedule.

Oh ok.

What ever you are smoking I could use some after that game.

Way too predictable and conservative - even N. Illinois fans were complaining about that. Open things up, get the WRs in the game and pass to the backs and TE's, too. Stop throwing away every first down - and stop endless running straight ahead. Have some imagination and some cleverness. Make better use of the talents you have now.

In case you think nobody is any good but OSU, check out NW --OSU score 23-20 NW in the 4th qtr.

How did that finish again?

There is a reason why tOSU has a winning streak right now...The BIG is incredibly average and dare I say bad. That's doesn't say much for where the gophers currently stand but any team on the remaining schedule is beatable. They will get their 2 wins.

Top Bottom