Let the NIL Begin: Wisconsin QB Graham Mertz Unveils Trademarked Logo ... that looks like someone else's logo ... a lot ....

How long until we get a football player making an Only Fans account? Apparently it's harder to make it as a male identifying individual, but if you do it's pretty lucrative....

How long until we get a football player making an Only Fans account? Apparently it's harder to make it as a male identifying individual, but if you do it's pretty lucrative....
Nobody on there yet.

Not that I'd know ...

There is no do doubt people will do stuff like this.
Not that I think it’s a good decisions but I bet there are a lot of female athlete that could make some money in the short term and the people who are first to do it will boost their national name recognition of o some extent as well

unsure where to put this, but Gable Stephenson just signed with Barstool Sports.

unsure where to put this, but Gable Stephenson just signed with Barstool Sports.
In all honestly, good for him.

He has quite a personality, has a lot of followers, and I just see no reason that he shouldn't be allowed to profit off that, even as an "amateur" athlete at the U of Minnesota.

It's exactly no different than the Olympics. They can be on Wheaties boxes and make money off that.

In all honestly, good for him.

He has quite a personality, has a lot of followers, and I just see no reason that he shouldn't be allowed to profit off that, even as an "amateur" athlete at the U of Minnesota.

It's exactly no different than the Olympics. They can be on Wheaties boxes and make money off that.
I’d imagine he’s not coming back after the Olympics but j get what youre saying

Nice gesture for sure but the devil is the details. What percent are we talking here? Mirror federal marginal tax rate of 39.6%? Or typical corporate advertising/donation 5% rate? Tithing rate of 10%? 100% divided by 85? Walk ons included?

Nice gesture for sure but the devil is the details. What percent are we talking here? Mirror federal marginal tax rate of 39.6%? Or typical corporate advertising/donation 5% rate? Tithing rate of 10%? 100% divided by 85? Walk ons included?
Well the second person quoted said "split evenly", but yeah it will be interesting to see.

Ill believe It when it happens in practice. Will be real interesting when someone lands something real large how exactly they split it and then, if they don’t, exactly what comments like this do to the locker room.

The devil is the person who questions a nice gesture, in my opinion.

If someone advertises their nice gesture on Twitter fair to question how the nice gesture will be implemented? If it’s say, 100K truly split evenly amongst the team, or 1% of 100K, that flavors how one might view the post or the generosity and motivation of the individual for posting. Yes, I’m cynical until proven otherwise.

If someone advertises their nice gesture on Twitter fair to question how the nice gesture will be implemented? If it’s say, 100K truly split evenly amongst the team, or 1% of 100K, that flavors how one might view the post or the generosity and motivation of the individual for posting. Yes, I’m cynical until proven otherwise.
$100 gift card to a Columbus tattoo parlor for each player. D’eriq keeps the other 99k

Do NFL players do this? They seem to generally donate money towards various charities/causes. College full-ride scholarship players are the new charity?

Top federal tax rate is 37% and I am not aware of any CFB player approaching that income level yet.

Top federal tax rate is 37% and I am not aware of any CFB player approaching that income level yet.

You’re right, meant recent history and future (2026). Wasn’t implying they would meet that marginal rate in terms of income, but more of a thought experiment and social experiment. I think it’s an interesting case and it will be interesting to follow this to see the ultimate outcome. Like I said, genuinely curious.

I mean, your "questioning" is not genuine.

It genuinely is. I’m interested in what motivates people. If college players voluntarily pool their NIL income en masse and split it equitably I think that’s newsworthy, no?

And they don't wear helmets, so their face is more recognizable. Outside of the QBs, how many players can you recognize just by face? Except the obvious, like Big Dan's head is probably so big, who else could it be?
Don't worry in the years ahead the helmet will change back to leather. We will see their pretty faces for sure.

in case you were wondering how things are going at Alabama. Bryce Young with just a bit of income

in case you were wondering how things are going at Alabama. Bryce Young with just a bit of income
Wow. Just wait until some corporation or super rich alum decides to just bankroll an entire team and pay them all $1M+ a year. It might not even be someone like Bama, it could be someone totally random like Wake Forest or Washington State.

This WILL happen, it's only a matter of time.

Universities may start soliciting donations to the player fund and stop building fancy facilities.

Wow. Just wait until some corporation or super rich alum decides to just bankroll an entire team and pay them all $1M+ a year. It might not even be someone like Bama, it could be someone totally random like Wake Forest or Washington State.

This WILL happen, it's only a matter of time.

Universities may start soliciting donations to the player fund and stop building fancy facilities.
I would rather pay the Gopher hockey roster every year than donate to the U and not know if it will go towards hockey.

I would rather pay the Gopher hockey roster every year than donate to the U and not know if it will go towards hockey.
And I’d imagine many other fans are the exact same as you

Top Bottom