Let the music play - new Concert Reviews/Experiences

Going to miss the second half of the t-wolves tonight because I'll be at the Southern Culture on the Skids show. Been a long time but they were always a lot of fun. We'll see if they bring up women from the audience for a dance contest and to throw fried Chicken at the audience

Saw the Stones at MetLife Stadium Sunday night, they also played Thursday as well, and they’re doing a very limited tour for Hackneyed Diamonds, the new release. My buddy, who’s really into them and took me gratis, said there are lots of signs this is the last “tour” for them. They were excellent, especially considering their age, Mick is 81, not sure how old Keith and Ronnie are. Played almost a two hour set.

Last saw them in 1989 for the Steel Wheels tour in the Cities.

Saw the Stones at MetLife Stadium Sunday night, they also played Thursday as well, and they’re doing a very limited tour for Hackneyed Diamonds, the new release. My buddy, who’s really into them and took me gratis, said there are lots of signs this is the last “tour” for them. They were excellent, especially considering their age, Mick is 81, not sure how old Keith and Ronnie are. Played almost a two hour set.

Last saw them in 1989 for the Steel Wheels tour in the Cities.

saw the Stones once - in '78 for the "Some Girls" tour at the old St. Paul Civic Center. Peter Tosh was the opening act. Note - this was the show where Bill Wyman tripped coming off stage, fell and injured himself - an interesting note in Stones history.

saw the Stones once - in '78 for the "Some Girls" tour at the old St. Paul Civic Center. Peter Tosh was the opening act. Note - this was the show where Bill Wyman tripped coming off stage, fell and injured himself - an interesting note in Stones history.

Was the auditorium smoky?

That sounds legendary!

Last edited:

Saw Dead and Co. at the Sphere Saturday night. Great experience. I was on the main floor and it was a blast. Great sound. The technology was incredible. Easy in and out. I highly recommend going at some point, but nothing is going to beat the Dead in my opinion.

Happy Birthday USA from Berwyn, IL where the Jayhawks headlined Day 2 of the 41st American Music Festival.

IMG_20240704_212548674_HDR~3.jpg

Pretty good standard set. Interesting for me having seen them so many times in the Twins Cities and greater Minnesota to watch them away from their "home turf."

I went to SoFi Stadium in LA for the first time last weekend and saw Zach Brown Band and Kenny Chesney. Fantastic concert, 5.5 hours of music (along with Uncle Kracker and Megan Moroney). ZBB and Chesney are outstanding, played most of their big hits. ZBB did 3-4 covers, which was probably 1-2 too many.

SoFi Stadium was awesome, great acoustics for a stadium and easy parking and the lines weren't long to get food/drinks.

Go Gophers!!

I went to Outlaw Festival on Monday and got to see three on my concert bucket list: Mellencamp, our guy Dylan and Willie Nelson.

I'm glad I was able to see all 3 before they die, but I will never go out of my way to see any of the three again. No energy, going through the motions, voices are shot, cashing checks.

Go Gophers!!

I went to Outlaw Festival on Monday and got to see three on my concert bucket list: Mellencamp, our guy Dylan and Willie Nelson.

I'm glad I was able to see all 3 before they die, but I will never go out of my way to see any of the three again. No energy, going through the motions, voices are shot, cashing checks.

Go Gophers!!
Bummer, especially on Mellencamp (at age 72) as he's a relative kid compared to the other 2.

Dylan has always been a little bit erratic in concert - it's not just an age thing. I've seen Dylan in concert 3 times and each one was a very different experience. you just don't know what kind of mood he's going to be in.

I took in the Steve Miller Band / Journey / Def Leppard gig at Target Field last night. Amazing weather and setting. Sounded great, and had a good time as it was huge KQ92/Jukebox type night.

While I am sure there is lots of tech assistance with Steve Miller's vox, I thought it sounded great and he still has guitar chops. Having worn out his Greatest Hits CD, it was actually the act I was looking forward to most. It was a fun hour set with sun still out. He also told a funny story of Eminem calling him personally to request permission to sample Abracadabra.

The other bands delivered what would be expected of them, very crowd pleasing...rolling out hit after hit.

The Green Day concert Saturday night was quite simply maybe the best concert I've ever attended. They absolutely killed it for 2 1/2 hours straight. The energy from them and the fans never dipped.

I took in the Steve Miller Band / Journey / Def Leppard gig at Target Field last night. Amazing weather and setting. Sounded great, and had a good time as it was huge KQ92/Jukebox type night.

While I am sure there is lots of tech assistance with Steve Miller's vox, I thought it sounded great and he still has guitar chops. Having worn out his Greatest Hits CD, it was actually the act I was looking forward to most. It was a fun hour set with sun still out. He also told a funny story of Eminem calling him personally to request permission to sample Abracadabra.

The other bands delivered what would be expected of them, very crowd pleasing...rolling out hit after hit.
Saw Steve Miller at The Beacon about 10 years ago and he was amazing. Such a great catalog.

If you ever get a chance to see a show at The Beacon, it’s a treat. Amazing venue and acoustics.

Saw Steve Miller at The Beacon about 10 years ago and he was amazing. Such a great catalog.

If you ever get a chance to see a show at The Beacon, it’s a treat. Amazing venue and acoustics.
I was incredibly close to pulling the trigger on going to the Beacon this past June to see Wilco who had a 3 night stand. The first 2 were on a Fri-Sat and I had a conflict, but then they added a Monday night show.

Ultimately passed and I regret it as it appears they are not going be playing in this area through the calendar year unless there is a late announcement.

Steve Earle returned to the Dakota and I caught the second of a 2night stand yesterday. I was hesitant to go, mostly because I knew it would essentially be a repeat of the tour ("Alone Again") I saw last year which I caught twice (Berwyn, IL & Dakota).

Earle has said on his XM Radio show that the only cities he repeated this go around (not sure if it's called "Alone Again, Again") are those that he has grandkids in or where he likes to fish. I assume he likes to fish in these parts. Or perhaps it was just on the way to the next destination.

However, my brother expressed interest in attending as he missed it last year so I was easily persuaded to see him once more.

It was the same main setlist, but no matter. All good. It's quite evident that Earle has mimicked this tour after Springsteen's Broadway show, weaving stories and commenting on events of the day. The JT interlude leading up to Harlem River Blues is no less powerful. Earlier, the crowd was particularly energized to sing along with I Ain't Ever Satisfied.

The one song different was Christmas in Washington, which could not be any more appropriate giving the state of the political climate. Earle was at least hopeful that things will be all right. He then closed with a rocking version of Hard Core Troubadour.

Last edited:

Just saw John Fogerty at Red Rocks. Damn, it was good to hear those old CCR songs! And his joy over getting control of them after a protracted legal battle was evident.

Just saw John Fogerty at Red Rocks. Damn, it was good to hear those old CCR songs! And his joy over getting control of them after a protracted legal battle was evident.
He's on my list of guys who I really need to see before it's too late

Oasis is back! Tickets for the summer 25 tour go on sale this Saturday. UK, Scotland and Ireland. Never been to Ireland. Gonna try...

Oasis is back! Tickets for the summer 25 tour go on sale this Saturday. UK, Scotland and Ireland. Never been to Ireland. Gonna try...

I did not have an Oasis reunion on my bingo card. Perhaps I should reignite hope for Uncle Tupelo.

The Green Day concert Saturday night was quite simply maybe the best concert I've ever attended. They absolutely killed it for 2 1/2 hours straight. The energy from them and the fans never dipped.
Fantastic concert. I'm also a huge fan of Rancid.

However, that will probably be my last stadium show. I just don't want to get in the mix close to the stage, and it is not the same concert experience when you're just sitting there mostly watching the video boards.

Still, very happy I went.

For any Wilco fans out there, the 5+ years of waiting for a Twin Cities proper performance is over.

A 3 night WinterLude run is set for Dec 13 - 15 at the Palace. No repeats.

Fantastic concert. I'm also a huge fan of Rancid.

However, that will probably be my last stadium show. I just don't want to get in the mix close to the stage, and it is not the same concert experience when you're just sitting there mostly watching the video boards.

Still, very happy I went.
Totally understandable. I have been to Target Field for 3 shows without being on the field and I would say from the 3 spots that I have sat the best was McCartney sitting on the 2nd deck down 3rd base line a few sections over from the Legends Club.

That's about as close as you can get to the stage from the stadium proper, and good proximity to the main speakers. I could still connect with Macca without solely looking at the video screen.

Buffet/Eagles sat lower deck towards the top even with 1st base. Not horrible. Steve Miller/Journey/Def Leppard, I was in the Legends Club behind the dish. Sounded great, but did feel like miles away from the stage.

For any Wilco fans out there, the 5+ years of waiting for a Twin Cities proper performance is over.

A 3 night WinterLude run is set for Dec 13 - 15 at the Palace. No repeats.

I missed the presale. I will try and get one for the Friday show unless you have an extra you want to get rid of....

I missed the presale. I will try and get one for the Friday show unless you have an extra you want to get rid of....
Sorry all tickets are spoken for, it took a combined effort of a friend and family member to make sure we were covered for all 3. Somehow went without a hitch.

We did have to make a concession to age and get seats for 1 of the shows.

Best wishes in the general sale. I think with them also selling tickets to Austin, TX & Tulsa, OK at the exact same time it should help a little with availability, but I suggest getting in the Waiting Room queue ASAP.

No opening acts, could be crazy lining up to get in.

Sorry all tickets are spoken for, it took a combined effort of a friend and family member to make sure we were covered for all 3. Somehow went without a hitch.

We did have to make a concession to age and get seats for 1 of the shows.

Best wishes in the general sale. I think with them also selling tickets to Austin, TX & Tulsa, OK at the exact same time it should help a little with availability, but I suggest getting in the Waiting Room queue ASAP.

No opening acts, could be crazy lining up to get in.
Success! Friday night show.

Success! Friday night show.
It will be interesting to see how they attack it, no repeats with 2 albums (Cruel Country & Cousin) along with an EP since they were last here.

I went to the Marley Brothers Legacy concert last night - it's the first time that all 5 of Bob's sons toured together. They were fantastic - did a really nice job of including all 5 in most of Bob's songs, each taking different parts and then all 5 together for a chorus. It didn't feel choppy at all, sounded great together. Ziggy played a few of his hit solo songs as well.

They had some dude on stage who literally the only job was to wave the Rastafarian flag the entire 2 hour concert. Dude didn't stop once. I'm guessing his other job is to roll j's before and after the concert.

Go Gophers!!

Sooo.... Things are going great with the Jane's Addiction. reunion. Happy birthday there Stephen!

Top Bottom